Potholes and Cracks of the road

@yanzalong (7540)
Indonesia
Crocodile cracks, ptoholes, subsidence cracks, and deepholes are all the same bad things: damages to the road or surface. Not sure what caused those cracks or damages to occur. Badly compacted road layers contributed to this or minor earthquake might be responsible for it. I've often noticed the road cracks. I still remember the road near my housing complex being repaired. The contractor did some patches and strengthened the road shoulders that experienced subsidence. It all looked good after the work was completed. However, after six or more months the cracks were starting to appear -- starting from crocodile cracks and finally became subsidence cracks.
the snow season does it for us. The trucks shoveling the roads.
@yanzalong (7540)
Thick snow's very dangerous for motorbike riders. They may slip and fall off. I was once in winter in the U.K. I saw some riders sliding off.