Such a clown pooch

@sallypup (27120)
Moses Lake, Washington
The photo shows little Leah teasing me with the ball. The ball that does not have a squeaker in it any longer. I decided it would do us all some good to go for a walk. I picked up hubby from his work place this evening and the pups and us two humans headed down the sidewalk for most of a mile. I am so glad now that when Leah truly was a pup I got busy. Leah and I have put in hours and hours working together; learning to walk as a team. She knows the left side is the dog walks here spot. She knows not to pull and choke herself on the chain collar. She knows not to suddenly put on the brakes and slam me a good one. Today I am not super steady on my feet. Having a calm, 80 pound Leah next to me, not in front, not tripping me, not yanking on my shoulder or arm, that was super good. She won't always be Saint Leah but for today we had a decent walk and that is plenty good enough for me.
That sounds like me leashing Roscoe and I bet he is 80 pds. too, he will trips me or rip my arm off the chase a squirril.
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
What kind of pooch is dear Roscoe, @andriaperry?
@tammys85 (10019)
Awww she's cute! And I'm glad you had a decent walk, and she knows where/how to walk. I love dogs. :)
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@tammy85 Yes dogs are fantastic. Both my dogs know tons of words and how to do things like: go in the gate! or go find it. Stuff like that.
@tammys85 (10019)
@sallypup Our dogs know a few too, and my niece taught the youngest one how to 'beg' and 'shake' for treats. I love when they cuddle.
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@tammys85 That's delightful to hear that a young person works with a dog like that. Its a bond that will last in her mind forever.
@mandala100 (43562)
@sallypup That's a pretty good shot of Leah my friend.
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @mandala100 Leah is a very expressive dog.
@mandala100 (43562)
@sallypup yes my friend and it's obvious from her picture my friend. How old is Leah?
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@mandala100 Leah is going on five years old. She's our dog that has had surgery on both her knees. I'm delighted to say that she is all better now and able to walk well.
• Eugene, Oregon
A nice well-trained dog! Walking my daughter's Chihuahua is an adventure.
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic You can work with your grand dog, you know. One obedience class that I attended, a tiny little fur ball dog had to learn to 'down' just like the big dogs. Sure looked a bit mean but the trainer said, 2 pounds of fluff, still a dog. Got to learn to mind.
I'm glad she's so well trained, are you feeling any better?
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann I am an up and down person. I should be in bed cause I'm tired but playing here. Ha ha. It took a lot to train Leah. Thank God I did.
@Tracy04 (10839)
That eye! Ooh that eye tells me that she's going to say "not going to give you the ball"
@sallypup (27120)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Tracy04 You're right. Often Leah just wants to show me the treasure and tease me but for sure not sharing.
@Tracy04 (10839)
@sallypup haha, dogs sure have shown to us beforehand