What To Do When In Doubt?

@JeeyanDee (2746)
When you are at a crossroads where you don't know what to do and what choices to make, how do you get through it? There are also times when no matter what option we take, it still won't be fully good for us. So when faced with this kind of dilemma, how do you keep yourself from losing your head? As cliche as it may sound, I pray when this happens to me, and it happens to me a LOT. I pray for guidance and God has never failed me. Plus, I make a list both positive and negative consequences of each option and settle for what I can handle better. How about you?
@mandala100 (24087)
@JeeyanDee I step back, stop, look and listen and retrace my steps back in order to find my way again forward my friend...a "cross road" is a mere figure of speech that we use in describing the situation that we are in unless you are really on a literal/physical cross-road my friend.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Wise words. Thank you for that my friend.
@mandala100 (24087)
@JeeyanDee No problem my friend and take it easy.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@mandala100 You too! See you around
@vsai2008 (7632)
I consult my parents esp my dad :)
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Really? Well good for you. I would usually tell mine when I have already fixed the problem.
@Oshobu (646)
• Nigeria
@JeeyanDee I prefer to do that also
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@Oshobu Oh that's cool! What we do is a little bit harder though than when we just seek advice from others.
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
We are so much alike. I pray to God for guidance but I still make those lists. I know that we are suppose to let God do things for us but that human part makes me still try to figure it out.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Well, we can't expect to do nothing and let God do all the work right? I believe that in order for Him to deem us worthy of His guidance and blessings, we have to prove ourselves first. That's what I have always done. I always give my 100% in everything I do, then pray for His deliverance.
@velvet53 (15373)
• Palisade, Colorado
@JeeyanDee That is the best way to do it. There are times when I hand over handfuls of things for His guidance on.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@velvet53 I have always believed that if I do my 100% in order to achieve something, then God will grant it to me. If not,then it either means that it's not the proper time yet, or He has other plans for me. I may doubt myself a lot, but I have never doubted Him.
@RubyHawk (20647)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think about what's best to do and go with it.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
You don't go to anyone else?
@RubyHawk (20647)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@JeeyanDee No, I make my own decisions.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@RubyHawk Well that's cool
@Oshobu (646)
• Nigeria
Such things have not really happened to me... But I think I will go for consultation when it happens...
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Oh really? Well good for you because it could really be awful sometimes.
@Oshobu (646)
• Nigeria
@JeeyanDee Yeah, that's why one should have an experienced mentor, not only role models
@JeeyanDee (2746)
@Oshobu That is true my friend.
@Tracy04 (10660)
We are same here! When I'm in doubt, I will pray in my heart for God's guidance.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Well, He is the way, the truth and the life afterall.
@Tracy04 (10660)
@HazySue (15882)
I look for the guidance from above too.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
I think that us humans have limited capacity thus we can't trust ourselves fully in matters such as this, but God is absolute and all knowing. So, who better to run to when you don't know what to do right?
I also look at both sides then choose what feels right. The one thing I never do is backtrack, wondering what would be if I had chosen the other road. that is counter productive and can be debilitating.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
I agree! Backtracking makes things worse, makes you wish for something that no matter what you do could never happen, unless of course you can turn back time.
@Paige32 (1247)
I don't think its cliché to pray when in doubt. Its what I do all the time and God comes through for me each time.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Well yeah, that statement is in consideration of those who don't believe in God. I don't want this community to think that I open discussions for only those who are believers.
@reskyyandi (3751)
Just so the same thing that you said, it is really work
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Well, it is cool that we do the same thing
@Mrgana1 (296)
• Nigeria
I weigh the consequences of both option which ever has little consequence I picked that option, there are situation where the options maybe the weight the consequences, in such cases I follow my mind cos I believe God does and know the best
@JeeyanDee (2746)
Yes, God knows best and He never makes mistake.
• Sibiu, Romania
I usually turn to my friends and family, as those who care for you are the best advisors you can get, but I also think that divinity can indeed be a source of hope when nothing seems to go well.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
I agree but as for me, I have been used to telling them about it when I have fixed the problem already, not that I don't trust them, I just feel more comfortable if it's just between me and God.
• Japan
Wow, I do the exact same thing that you do. 1. Pray (and sometimes that clears it up)... and sometimes the Bible clears it up too. 2. Make a list. 3. Talk to trusted wise friends.
@JeeyanDee (2746)
That's cool! Well I don't normally talk to friends though. Not that I don't trust them, it's just that I'm used to solving it alone or with God.