How was Your Highschool Experience?

@JeeyanDee (2753)
The journey to self-acceptance, I believe, reallys starts during your teenage years in highschool. This is the time of our lives we are most vulnerable to insecurities, peer pressure and bullies. Then again, this is also the time we truly discover how to be strong and face whatever life throws at us.The negativities though could be quite overwhelming of which many have succumbed and ended their lives. For me though, it was one of the best years of my life where I met my best friends, got to learn so much about life through experiences and observations and most of all, studying was still quite fun, unlike in college. How about you, what are your thoughts on this?
@suziecat7 (3444)
• Asheville, North Carolina
My best years were my college years. High school not so much.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Oh ok. College for me kind of suck. If I wasn't studying, I was sleeping. That was basically my life then. Whenever I pass by my old university, I feel this kind of hatred where instead of enjoying freedom and social life, I became a very lonely geek for 4 years. Don't get me wrong, I had many friends and had enjoyed too. But the extreme studying I was forced to do was kind of too much.
@suziecat7 (3444)
• Asheville, North Carolina
@JeeyanDee - It sounds like you had a heavy schedule.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@suziecat7 Oh yeah it was but I must say it was worth it though. I mean graduating from one of top three universities for the course I took have paid off. How about you? What made college more fun for you?
I did not like highschool at all. For me, I felt it like a reformatory. I was happy to graduate very young, at 16, and then I could go to the university where I could be in charge of my future.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Well that is very sad. What made it feel like a reformatory?
@JeeyanDee Thinking about it much later in life, I wasn´t the usual student. I was 2 grades ahead of what I should so all the girls were bigger. They bullied me because, even though I was smaller, I had the best grades. So, everything that happened, they told the teachers I was the culprit and I was punished for it. This could be longer, but I don´t want to go into details.
Mine was kind of quiet. I went to a Catholic all girl high school.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
I went to a Catholic high school but it wasn't exclusive and there were many hadsome guys so that was one of the reasons I did enjoy high school
• Richfield, Utah
I loved my high school years, that was 20 years ago though. Found myself there lol
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Yes me too! It was there where I started to realize what kind of person I want to be.
High School is when you should have the time of your life while learning.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Yes and it was where I indeed had the time of my life.
@rosedust82 (2079)
I didn't really enjoy my highschool years. I was the new student, most of my classmates were classmates in gradeschool so I really had a hard time adjusting. I couldn't speak our native language too well and they would make fun of me for not being able to speak straight Filipino (I now do). I was just at that awkward stage in my life where I didn't know what I wanted. You'd probably laugh if I posted a before picture of me. During my fourth year of highschool though, I started coming out of my shell and that became my turning point. I wasn't as awkward socially and physically and was a bit more confident with myself.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Well as I can see, it seems like all those awful things you have experienced made you a better you. It forced you out of your shell, and now you are more confident than ever. Sometimes, we just really have to undergo so much heartaches in order to see reality, discover who we truly are and appreciate ourselves. Kudos to you for not allowing those negativities push you down and be forever chained by self pity and doubt.
@JeeyanDee It has. Best thing about highschool are the few friends I made who are still my best friends til now.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@rosedust82 I think most of us find friends who will always be there, through thick and thin, during highschool. I believe it is because these are the people who were there when we are not sure who we really are, anchored us when it seems like we are drifting to darkness, saw us at our lowest points, and still, they never left. We are truly blessed to have these people. They could leave us, they have no obligation to stay, and still, stay they do.
@vsai2008 (6727)
College days were good for me :)
@JeeyanDee (2753)
How about highschool?
@vsai2008 (6727)
@JeeyanDee It was tough for me LOL
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@vsai2008 Oh ok. At least you had fun in college
@aynoor (97)
@jeeyandee i had finished my high school studies last year only. Like u i also found my 2 besties in high school only . I had a lots of fun in high school . It was just like experience to different world which you wont get anywhere else.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
i guess we are both very blessed!
@aynoor (97)
@JeeyanDee yes we are
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@aynoor I don't think I could care nor love any friend as much as I love them. They're my soul sisters, sisters from another mother.
@Shiva49 (8783)
Teenage years were not easy on me. Maybe, I lacked guidance and so lots of uncertainties and doubts - siva
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Despite that, you did well, havent't you?
@Shiva49 (8783)
@JeeyanDee I did my best and slowly found my footing by dint of hard work. Overall it has been a good ride - siva
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@Shiva49 Well despite all those hurdles, you worked hard and succeeded. That is quite an inspiring story so thank you for sharing.
In high school I was pretty out going so had a easy time. I wouldn't want to go back and repeat it.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
You had fun but you don't want to experience it again? How come?
@JeeyanDee because it was the past, I am way into the future.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@CookieMonster46 Well, that is good enough reason
@SHOHANA (6426)
• Bangladesh
My high school days were cool , nothing excited to share actually
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Cool but not exciting? Hmmm that is a weird combination.
@SHOHANA (6426)
• Bangladesh
@JeeyanDee ha ha ha well we were not fun loving and concentrate to study completely that's why it was not so excited
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@SHOHANA Well you see, if I were you, I'd use the word suck, not cool. Hahaha
@Oshobu (649)
• Nigeria
I don't really have much to say over this cause I just finish my high school, I've not moved forward than high school to know if it is the best set of my years... But to be sincere, Life in high school is one I don't think I will experience any longer...
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Oh ok. It is a different experience for every person. Maybe you'll find university life more exciting.
@Oshobu (649)
• Nigeria
@JeeyanDee Maybe... I'm still expecting my admission...
@JeeyanDee (2753)
@Oshobu Oh cool. What course will you be taking?
• Rochester, New York
I was a loner in my senior year of high school. I was most happiest that way as I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself. In my junior year I had loads of friends, but we moved to another state and I lost them all.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
That must have been really hard for you. I mean being a senior and yet a stranger.
@AkoPinay (9856)
My elementary, high school and college experiences are fine. I am lucky to have nice classmates who are still my friends today. My only problem was and is always about financial.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
Better financial than any other, I believe. You are very blessed for that.
@Xiasses (329)
How I wish I could go back to those years! Now, it is just the memories we are holding on. When I was in high school, I experienced many things that life is given to me such as hardships and enjoyment. One thing I can say is that I am so blessed in this life. It only saddened me that I can`t go back to undo bad things I already commit.
@JeeyanDee (2753)
What we can do though is to learn from those mistakes and become stronger and better persons. Highschool life really was amazing, wasn't it?
I hated High School, but, when I went to college that was a great experience.