Can love make you quit gambling?

Hi there, To be short and not make too many details i was addicted to gambling for the last 7 years and was on and off of it but nothing seemed to work for me. Then I fell in love with someone and all the cravings and thoughts and things that i had trouble controlling literally stopped completely or at least to a point it was very easy for me to just say now to gambling. I guess this and the thought of staying in debt for the rest of my life and thinking about all the things i could of had now really had made it so i have gone the longest time ever without gambling. Im 31 days in now with 14 being my previous record. The cravings and lust to gamble at every moment in time are not there 99% of the time. a small though here and there but nothing i cannot control now. My question is, is it just me or is this something that can alter brain chemistry and make it you crave love more than gambling? All in all im happy and will update when im 60 days free from the living hell that is gambling addiction. Good luck everyone else that is struggling with this addiction. Best Regards.
@SilverKing As a Recovering Compulsive Gambler (Last Bet November 21, 2007), I can say the following: It will for a time but without changing the focus more in depth it will likely return. Falling in love is a chemical change in the brain that will help temporarily but consider this, if something happened to this relationship will you go back? Once the relationship becomes part of the norm will it sustain the 'high' that the gambling gives? In my experience it works short term but there comes a time when you will need to do more to stay clean. If you contact me I will give you free resources to help maintain the recovery which in turn will keep the relationship from potential destruction from the addiction if it were to resurface.
When your in love your priority changes. The person you love becomes your priority. I guess that's simple. You used to have no priority so you did what you enjoyed and gambling gave you that satisfaction of fun. But now that you found someone that you care so much about, that person became your priority.
@YesWay (3447)
Well done you must be so proud of yourself
• Israel
love is the answer to a lot of things. just to feel the love for someone even when the love goes into struggles just to feel a loving feelings is the answer.
@SHOHANA (7167)
• Bangladesh
If love is true then everything is possible
That depends on the person regardless of they are in a relationship or not.
Congratulations on doing so well and keep it up.