What are your guilty pleasures?

@Kattleya (149)
I have been trying to budget my salary. However, I always feel that it is not enough. I tried looking into why it isn't. I realized that I often purchase things that are not even a "need" for me. You see I often splurge on bags and shoes. For some reason, they are my guilty pleasures. Eventhough I know I still have a pair or two that I can use. I can't resist when I see a pretty high heeled shoe or designer bag at the mall. It really takes a lot of effort for me to resist. If I also decide to indulge myself, I end up feeling guilty. How about you? What do you indulge yourself with? What are your guilty pleasures?
@m_audrey6788 (13809)
Well..For me..I enjoy buying things I like not feeling guilty about it because I buy things I like after paying all my fixed expenses..I buy those pleasure things using my extra earnings from my online sales
you have good money sense
@hereandthere ..Hehehe..Thanks .. I think it is because I experienced having no food to eat for a week but managed myself to continue my schooling
@Kattleya (149)
@m_audrey6788 I do the same now. I use my extra earnings to buy my "wants." :)
Welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first step for all newbies is to read the Guidelines to learn what is allowed or not on the site. Then you can write a post introducing yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself. Furthermore, read around as much as you can, Like and Comment on other members' posts. Only then will members come to your site and do the same. This is called interaction. Don't expect too much money-wise. If you reach $5 a month (the payout limit), you can call yourself lucky.
This is where you will find out what kinds of behavior are accepted and unaccepted on myLot. When in doubt, remember the Golden Rule!
@Kattleya (149)
Hi @MALUSE! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll read up and post something about myself.
@louievill (18368)
When I'm decided I want to buy something then that's it, I have no guilty feelings once I'm decided I want to jump head first But one thing with me is I take time to decide, I buy good quality whenever I can, I also read reviews first before I buy, so many times I pass when I decide that I don't really like or need something that caught my fancy or impulse.
@Kattleya (149)
@louievill That is really good! Was there ever a time that you went ahead and just impulsively bought something? Then felt guilty after?
@louievill (18368)
@Kattleya rarely or I cant remember, I have already something in mind before I buy something, a good example is my pocket knife, tactical flashlight, etc..I already exactly know what I want and did so many comparisons and read reviews, takes me weeks or months plus I saved my excess money for it. My impulsive buying is for my children and my wife but still I have no guilt since it's not for myself
@Kattleya (149)
@louievill You are a good husband and dad. *applause* :)
@Tracy04 (10527)
I actually still blur of what is guilty pleasures meaning
@Kattleya (149)
It means something that you makes you feel good doing or having, but would entail a feeling of guilt.
@Tracy04 (10527)
@Kattleya ah okay! Thanks for the info! I'm sure there's something but I don't remember what is
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
I understand that very well , certain things you simply can't resist. In my case it is cotton and chiffon sarees . I try my level best not to splurge but end up buying a saree each month !
@Kattleya (149)
@kiran8 You so understand how I feel to the core! Same here, I try my best not to splurge. If I buy one, I get my funds from extra income.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
@YrNemo (11747)
books, more books (I buy shoes and handbags too, only if the prices are so good!)
@Kattleya (149)
There was a time that this was my guilty pleasure too.... What kind of books do you usually buy?
@YrNemo (11747)
@Kattleya some biographies, some spy or detective stuff...
I don't suffer from such vices. So I don't have to resist.
@Kattleya (149)
@MALUSE Not even a single thing in the world that makes it hard for you to say no to? Like food? travel? Anything?
@Kattleya Maybe dark chocolate. But the term 'vice' would be exaggerated for my modest consumption of same.
Well for me it is ice cream every now and again.
@Kattleya (149)
@TiarasOceanView I'm with you on this one. Ice cream is always difficult to say no to.. even when on a diet. :)
@dodoazo (17727)
At least you are aware of your weakness. In that case, you can avoid it for good unless you are determined to get rid of it.
@Kattleya (149)
That is so true! Change starts with awareness.
@skysnap (17819)
KFC is the place where it happens for me. What happens KFC stays in KFC :P
@Kattleya (149)
KFC is awesome! I definitely agree!
@Athinker (1511)
I buy things when only they become too much need for me. . Otherwise I ignoring them