I slammed on my brakes

@sallypup (24412)
Moses Lake, Washington
I was driving down our access road this afternoon, heading out to get hubby from the bus stop. Weedy on the sides so its hard to see what's what. Right in front of me two quail stepped out. Love their silly top knots! Love their jiggle as they walk. And behind the two adults zig zagged two innocent fluff balls, tiny top knots on their baby bird heads. You bet I slammed on the brakes and waited for the family to make their way into the weeds on the far side of the road.
That was good you slammed on your brakes to let them go to safety.
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@jstory07 Baby quail are so adorable.
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Do you have quail over there? Road runners? (I'd love to see a baby road runner bird.)
I've never seen any but I'll bet there are some in the foothills closer to the mountains @sallypup I've seen one roadrunner but I'm not in the country exactly so they pretty much avoid this area, too many people keep moving into this area dad blast it.
@mandala100 (28278)
@sallypup Wow! That was closed my friend and it's good that you have the presense of mind and good reflexes to step on the break my friend.
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@mandala100 The young of any species are so precious. Gave me the creeps to imagine harming those little birds.
@mandala100 (28278)
@sallypup That's right my friend and I'm glad for your timely stepping on the break, otherwise if will be a different story my friend.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
Good for you! I bet they were a beautiful site. I always do my best not to hit anything that comes onto the road.
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@velvet53 After this sighting I came back to find about a dozen quail messing around on the upper road. I'm learning to drive slow on our access road.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sallypup That is good. I am glad to know that you are watching out for them.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I would have hit my brakes, too.
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister Something about quail. They are silly and they refuse to fly. They just keep gyrating around, doing their thing.
Awwww, I bet there were so cute!
@sallypup (24412)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry Surprised me when I came back from town this morning: about a dozen quail up on the upper road. I guess they found something to eat in the dirt there.
• Riga, Latvia
First of all how cute and second glad you managed to break and let them pass.
That's a happy ending for everyone.