Thanks for the memories Rollie Massimino (1934-2017)

@Deepizzaguy (12999)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Former Villanova men's basketball coach Rollie Massimino who led the Wildcats to a NCAA title in 1985 passed away in West Palm Beach Florida at the age of 82. Massimino was the basketball coach at Keiser University at the time of his passing due to cancer. Jay Wright who is the current coach of the Villanova Wildcats basketball program praised Massimino as a kind and generous person who made him feel part of the Wildcat program when the team won their first NCAA basketball title in 1985. Wright worked with Massimino during his basketball camps as an assistant coach. I will remember Rollie as a coach that was one of the most colorful coaching characters in the college basketball game that will be missed beyond words.
Rollie was one of the best in the college ranks. Michigan State's Jud Heathcote also passed.
@Deepizzaguy (12999)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I did not know that Jud Heathcote passed away too.
@mandala100 (43312)
I'm so sorry about his passing away and may his soul be in eternal rest my friend.
@Deepizzaguy (12999)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Rollie was one coach that players loved so much they would run into walls for him.
@mandala100 (43312)
@Deepizzaguy That's right my friend.
I remember him. Great coach.
@Deepizzaguy (12999)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Rollie was one of the best coaches in college basketball. He will be missed dearly.