Perspective in the weather

@FayeHazel (9337)
Usually this time of year I feel tempted to start complaining about the weather. In Minnesota - this is the end of summer/beginning of fall. I have nothing against fall, however it seems like we don't have much of it before winter. My feelings on winter are that it isn't my favorite. And in Minnesota - winter weather usually feels like it begins sometime in November, and ends sometime in April (typically speaking of course). So yeah, that's like, 6 months of cold, snow, ice, snow storms, blizzards, freezing and sub-zero temps, etc. I mean the above just to let you know what my gripes are. However, in light of Hurricane Harvey - I think my complaints are unjustified. Winter is a naturally occurring experience up here. Where as these people are loosing their homes, their pets, their belongings and are being forced to flee for their lives. I hope and pray those people will be alright and be able to rebuild and move on with their lives. Link - Time's Hurricane Harvey photo gallery :
Destroyed homes, toppled trucks and flooded streets
I agree. Living in my Chicago suburb means winters that can get complicated, but our winter is of very little danger to humans who are well-versed in all things winter. We are free from disasters that cost so many lives.
@FayeHazel (9337)
Oh I hear you guys get bad winter too. But it's true, when we are prepared for these things it's not so bad...
@sallypup (19367)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@FayeHazel I try to be prepared. I guess I need to spend some big bucks and buy a large, guy type truck. Just for winter.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes have a lot to be grateful for where I live too Faye. I know that MI winters are brutal though and long. Yes poor people in the hurricane.
@FayeHazel (9337)
Thanks for your understanding -- exactly my point :-) Bless you , as a side note I think you are a very kind person
• Lakewood, Colorado
@FayeHazel Thanks very much Faye..that is a very nice thing to say..Much blessings to you too dear friend.
@FayeHazel (9337)
@TiarasOceanView Thanks so much dear. :-) I value you and your input :-)
@poehere (17075)
• French Polynesia
I think we can all complain about the weather where we live. Everyone one loves different seasons of the year. Natural disasters happen and when they do people come out to help. I am sure there will be many people helping all these families. I hope this never happens again and they can do something to prevent this from happening again.
@FayeHazel (9337)
True, everyone does seem to like something different when it comes to weather. I also hope that something can be done...
@poehere (17075)
• French Polynesia
Exactly.! Always seeing people complaining about the hot or cold temps, as if its supposed to be different at that time of year, when its not. (Well unless its still summer but 50 like here) lol.
@FayeHazel (9337)
It's been cool here too - weird huh? But yeah... I know I complain about winter - but then someone I knew, like everytime I saw him it was complain complain complain.... I get it, no one of us likes it.... gets old....
@FayeHazel yes, since its still summer. But right.
@FayeHazel (9337)
@Courtlynn Yeah - for some reason this seems to have been a very cold, rainy year. Hopefully winter will be mild
@hereandthere (21874)
although i live in a hot and humid country, but i appreciate that i don't have think about what to wear every day.
@FayeHazel (9337)
I love high heat. Well, I imagine it's true - do you have cold season? Or hot all the time?
@FayeHazel it gets cold around december to february, also when it's raining a lot.
@FayeHazel (9337)
@hereandthere - Ah only a few months. How nice it must be. I would imagine that you have 2 growing seasons? For farmer's crop / gardens?
Yes, with everything people have lost with hurricane Harvey, at least with all the cold and snow, you still have a roof over your head.
@FayeHazel (9337)
That is a very valid, good point
Yeah, it's kind of selfish to complain about the weather right now.
@FayeHazel (9337)
So true
I can't imagine dealing with that kind of catastrophe.
@FayeHazel (9337)
How very sad it must be. My back yard neighbor had there creek flood a year ago. They had a big dumpster -- filled it full of stuff. And they said that was because of only 8" water in the basement. I can't imagine a flood the likes of Harvey
Flood is second worst thing that can happen to your place, FIRE is the worst because you loose everything. We are blessed to what we have today.
@FayeHazel (9337)
So true. I didn't even think about fire - but what a devastation
With all the cold and snow in your winters, you still have much to be grateful for.
@FayeHazel (9337)
It's a very good point. At least winter is a normal thing around here...
@YrNemo (5891)
It is never fun, having too much of anything. We are having lots of rain here too, but nothing like that Hurricane Harvey.
@FayeHazel (9337)
So true. I suppose if it were nice weather here year round - I would not appreciate the summer time like I do.
• Japan
In my case, I am happy if we don't have an earthquake.
@FayeHazel (9337)
That is another very scary natural disaster
@sol_cee (12990)
• Japan
Harvey brought devastation to many. I hope they recover soon.
@FayeHazel (9337)
Me too, it's so sad. I hope they can move along in life
Yes, anyone who is not experiencing a natural disaster like a hurricane should feel very thankful.
@FayeHazel (9337)
So very true there.
• Eugene, Oregon
I hope that this type of storm does not become more the norm due to climate change.
@FayeHazel (9337)
I hope you are right and this is only an isolated rarity...
@sallypup (19367)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I spent part of my childhood in St. Paul/Mpls. Winters are pretty mean there, alright. (Mine last year was not hilarious, either.)