Dental fees are expensive

Malaysia
Two years ago, I had inquired the price for Scaling ( Normal teeth cleaning ) which cost me $80 per treatment. Two years later, the price for the same treatment had increased to $200 per treatment.That is daylight robbery dental fees! Really expensive and unbelievable! A week ago, my teenager brought me to the dentist for the scaling treatment at the dentist. It was fortunate that the company she is working in gives $300 allowance for dental treatments. Otherwise, she couldn't afford to pay for the expensive dental fees. In addition to $200, there are future charges such as consultation fee, meds fee, x-ray fee and x-ray fee. I wished my son would become a dentist in the near future , then he could earn lots of money! Are the dental fees expensive in your country?
• Nairobi, Kenya
My four wisdom tooth were removed removing each was $15. So it was a total of $60. I don't remember the cost for medicines but I am sure it would be more than $30 so I guess the complete treatment was more than $100.
oh that is readlly cheap. Remove wisdom tooth cost a bomb here at least a few hundreds of dollars.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@peachpurple Then I must be lucky hehe. :) What about having braces placed on teeth, how much does it cost there?
@mildredtabitha braces cost $9,000 so , most people would register with the goverment dentist for fixing the braces that cost $750 or less but had to wait for 4 years, the shortest waiting is 1 year.
@prashu228 (22131)
I am really afraid of the expenses. Yes they very expensive here
Maybe we should try to be a dentist ourselves
@mandala100 (25006)
@peachpurple That's so expensive my friend and that's the reason why dentist cannot live through their own mouth for even them cannot afford it[/em]
Good phrase pal
@Tracy04 (10696)
$80 for scaling? That's.... Still expensive. Not sure either, but here its RM80 or $20.
yeah... expensive...where got RM20 ???
@Tracy04 (10696)
@peachpurple RM80 la. $20 converted in dollars. I want to go if have rm20 too
@Tracy04 OIC, blur blur leh
Dental fees are expensive in every country, anyway, even if Switzerland is a very expensive country, I only pay $110 for dental cleaning.
wow, that is a lot
@peachpurple How can you say that it's a lot when you say you paid $200, is a lot less than what you pay. For a country like Switzerland is not expensive.
@LadyDuck Sorry, made a mistake.
We have dental insurance, but the fees for procedures are high. Cleanings are free, but if something goes wrong with our teeth, that will cost.
wow free cleaning, i want that too! there isno insurance for dental here
@Rhombus (315)
• South Africa
While we (the locals) find dentists extremely expensive, I think we are cheaper than other countries. I know of foreigners who save money by actually flying here for expensive procedures.
you mean china?
@rubyriaz007 (1587)
Among all the treatments everywhere ,the most expensive treatment is dental treatment.If we have a bad tooth and if we have to remove it ,then you will have to the dentist with lots of money. Dental treatment like cleaning tooth ,putting braces in tooth ,tooth filling or any sort of treatment ,once done you will have to pay a huge sum of money. I am from India, here also dental treatments are expensive. Among doctors dentist have a huge salary scale. Moreover now days modern methods are used in dental clinics. And all separate charges for each treatment from which doctors can mint money.