WHAT IF?

Pixaby image.
Suppose there was no police force ? What if we could no longer pick up the phone and dial 911 in times of trouble?. Many times the entire police force gets a bad name because of the misdeeds of a few of it's members - those members who forget their pledge to serve and protect. But there are many police officers who go the extra mile to deliver good service to everyone. Have you had good or bad experiences with the police? And how would you protect your family and property without an operational police force?
@singhisback (2278)
• Jalandhar, India
I don't have any and I don't expect any
You will have in the future - I am sure.
• Jalandhar, India
@Kandae11 lol. Why are you thinking that
@singhisback Weren't you talking about family and property?
@thelme55 (10149)
Thankfully, I have not called a police,yet. I hope I will not. I am sure the German police are good.
It is always best if we never have a reason to call on them.
@cacay1 (30738)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@thelme55 people in Germany are afraid of your government and police.I have not heard of an ISIS attack in Germany.You have a very strong nation with huge and strong residents, lol.
@thelme55 (10149)
@cacay1 we are not afraid of our government. We are free to speak up what we don't like. Yes, we were not attacked but many times the ISIS have tried but no success. I hope our country will stay strong. We have election this month and I don't know yet whom to vote.
No never had there.Our police force here are very well trained and good.
That is wonderful to know.
For me, They are needed not only to save us on emergencies but also to prevent those bad people to fool around
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
@Kandae11 ..Yes..no safety protection around then will make you go crazy thinking who might enter your home at night
@m_audrey6788 That's right.
@YrNemo (4091)
I have got good and bad experience from dealing with the police. Some were very dedicated to be good, others, .
You will have the good, the bad and the ugly.
@YrNemo (4091)
@Kandae11 And we end up love some, hate a few and the rest!
@sabtraversa (8509)
I had very few experiences with law enforcement forces, and they were good. Well, I'd learn to hit rocks at all trespassers. And get a few guard dogs.
We will have to take them when we are going out too.
@Kandae11 Yes, they perceive the presence of strangers way before we do.
• Riga, Latvia
The police here in Latvia are very tricky and shifty. They will protect people and do their duty but they can also be very aggressive and abusive so it is best if you don't have to deal with them. Of course if you needed protection then you would have to be very careful when calling them.
It is the same here in many Caribbean countries as well - but we won't like it if they are not around.
@Freelanzer (6116)
Most law enforcement are good but there are bad apples in every job and they make everyone else look bad. I have always had a positive experience with the police. Perhaps because I have never been involved in a crime. But whenever I call them to investigate a problem or a theft they have been very professional.
That is good to know. Those I have come in contact with have been courteous and helpful.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I would protect my family by placing dogs at the gate to guard it. I would insure my family. I would also go for karate lessons with my family so that we can defend ourselves.
Learning self defense tactics is a very good idea.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Kandae11 what about you? How will you protect family?
@mildredtabitha Get about 1 dozen guard dogs - but then we must go out at some point, so having a police force is by far the best thing.
I personally have only had good experiences. Living in the country the law might not get here on time as it is so we have our own protection plan.
I remember years ago our police threatened to strike and they went on a kind of go slow. The atmosphere in town was heavy and ominous - like criminal elements were just waiting for the right time to pounce. Luckily the matter was resolved in time.
@Kandae11 We have only a few deputies in this county and they already go slow LOL
@bluesa (9868)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I don't even want to imagine if there was no operational police force, the good ones are already battling to keep the peace as it is, bless them.
Unthinkable really.
@bluesa (9868)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Gillygirl (15241)
• Sutton, England
Because of a shortage of man power the police here don't investigate crimes such as car theft and burglary anymore.
Really? So if your car is stolen - that's the end of it? Maybe they don't follow through with those crimes here either. Quite often though I would hear reports about car stealing rings being discovered and quashed.
@Gillygirl (15241)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 If there was a large spate of thefts in one road it would be worth their time but they don't have the time to spend on minor crime.
@resukill22 (3215)
Thank God so far I don't have bad or good situation about police
Wonderful.
@Kandae11 thank you.
I only had good experiences with the police, when I called them they have always been there to help.
The bad ones are in the minority.
@Kandae11 I fully agree.
It would be bad if there was no police force to protect the people from harm.
We need them.
@KrauseHome (32390)
Personally I cannot imagine how life would be without the Police. Overall they have been a blessing. Yes things may not have always gone my way when I have needed them, but it was partly due to the way Cops in general or the public was taught how to deal with Domestic violence back in the day.
The good ones do outnumber the bad ones.
@crossbones27 (13627)
• Redlands, California
I have both good and bad with the police. The good ones definitely let the bad ones give them a bad name. We definitely need them though.
We most certainly do.
• Portland, Connecticut
WE rarely have any interaction with our local police, I have never called 911.
Me neither.
@cacay1 (30738)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It will be a scary environment in the absence of police in our area. The criminals would surely harm anyone they like.Many hate police, they must not generalize for there are only very few not so committed to their service.
There is a saying in my country : "You shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush"
I think I could protect my home but not 24/7, no one could do that. I have only had good experiences with the police, I have family that are police officers.
I spent three years of my childhood - from age 4 to 7 - on a small island of about 300 residents. It was the largest of over 200 islands dotted along the coast of Guyana. There was no police on that island. If there was a serious dispute which really needed police involvement - someone would travel by speedboat to the mainland and fetch a constable. The trip took about three hours both ways.