Overweight

I have been having issues with my weight.I used to go to the gym n work out a lot but now I do not have a good diet and I don't have much time to go to the gym,how do I manage my weight or which routine should I follow to start losing weight?
@AkoPinay (10822)
I lose/gain weight quickly based on what I eat/drink and amount of sleep only. I gain weight quickly if I over sleep, eat sweets and more rice plus cold drinks so you must avoid it.
@jbb316 (1779)
I have issues with this myself. I also went to the gym everyday and I was in pretty decent shape. But I injured my back in an accident at work and have not been able to go to the gym in a few months so I have put on a few pounds. I know the formula is pretty simple in weight loss. Burn more calories than you take in. It's just hard to do sometimes. All we can do is try. Good luck in your weight loss journey!
I think I eat a lot of rice and oversleeping is my hobby maybe that's why I have gained weight so much
@jbb316 thank you,n I can also do some jogging
@peachpurple (11016)
10 years ago I weighed a whopping 60kg, I was overweight and had gallstones. Then I changed my eating habits. This is how it worked: Porridge 7 days a week, meat dish once a week, vegetables, tofu and walnuts daily, eat twice a day, no carbonated drinks no fast food, no pancakes. In 6 months, my weight dropped to 44kg, that is 16kg lost of weight. Now I weighed 41 kg because I had gum problems and tooth extraction , so I stick back the old diet.
@yugocean (4498)
41 Kg is underweight, 60 to 70 Kg is normal
@yugocean lol,what about 78kgs
@yugocean (4498)
@Christinb Depends on heights.
@resukill22 (4050)
You need to decipline your self. Your the one who solve your problem.
Yes I will
@Christinb that's is good for you.
@resukill22 thank you
@yugocean (4498)
Yoga is best cure for everything including weight issuies. Ofcourse good diet do matters. You have to do some Yoga and make an arrangement of simple diet, thats all.
Can I do yoga in my house alone or its fun when I have company?
@yugocean (4498)
@Christinb Yoga first must be learned by experienced teacher. Then you can do alone also.
@yugocean I think I will have to look for a yoga teacher
• Nairobi, Kenya
Cabbage helps in losing weight. Taking a warm glass of water mixed with some drops of lemon juice will help. You should walk long distances and you will shed some weight. You can avoid deep fried foods for some time. You can also minimize the amount of cooking fat you use to cook meals.
Thanks Mildred I will try n avoid fast foods
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Christinb You are welcomed my friend. Good luck :)
Every person and every body is different. What works for one may not work for another. You need to find what works for you, then just try to stick with it.
I will try n see what works for me
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
Try to eat better and start exercising some. Walking is a good way to start then add more exercises as you go along. Why don't you contact @hust4him. She might be able to help you a lot as she is working on losing weight also.
I will contact her
@velvet53 (15393)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Christinb Ok, good luck.
I think it is better to have a balanced diet and do some exercises. It is a perfect combination to lose weight.
Good advice
@Christinb Thanks
@Tracy04 (10691)
Like everyone suggested, eat properly and exercise often. You'll be good
Thank you
I don't work any more so for me, going without breakfast has helped me lose weight. I just have a light lunch and a normal dinner. But it is easier for me perhaps as I rarely feel hungry.
@acelawrites (10750)
I also have some weight issues in the past (still have a little now) but I tried to be healthy by walking and biking for some 30 minutes everyday, and moving a lot inside the house. Too much food makes me fat fast, so I tried to avoid too much rice or carbohydrates and do not drink soda or sweet drinks and sweet foods. Drink lots of water especially when at home.