It Is Disrespectful! Isn't It!?

@bluesa (12836)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Sometimes I just have to wonder... Single men, why if you know  a woman has a boyfriend would you pursue her? Especially if she has made it clear that she has  a boyfriend she really loves! Don't you realise it is disrespectful and you're probably making things very uncomfortable for her? You might think you're flattering her by pursuing her, but no, she has this man in her life that she really cares for and now she has to fight your advances. Why do you think that is okay? I get that a woman in a relationship is safe for a man who is single and likes to flirt, because he believes she is no threat, she would never pursue him back because she already has a man in her life. What that flirt of a man does not consider is what if her boyfriend finds out about his flirting and then all of a sudden she is no longer in a relationship....You've cost her and off you'll run because she is no longer "safe" to flirt with! But of course, that is not the flirts problem. This is what happened to a friend of mine, she had a boyfriend she really loved, this guy that she needed to work with kept messaging her saying they should get together for a meal and drinks, she told him she had a boyfriend, but he kept joking and flirting with her, she was quite cool toward him and tried to laugh off his advances. Her boyfriend saw a flirty message from the guy and wanted to leave her, the minute she told this guy her boyfriend wanted to leave her, surprise surprise, he stopped messaging her! Luckily she had proof she had kept her messages short and had tried to block this other guys advances and her and her boyfriend are still together, but she had some really awful moments. It just infuriates me when a single guy doesn't respect a woman in a relationship by leaving her in peace and not putting her in a very uncomfortable situation. I know there are single ladies who pursue men in relationships too, though sometimes men are not very clear in stating the fact they are in a relationship. But either way, it is highly disrespectful and putting someone in a possible untenable situation! Isn't it?
@yukimori (8562)
If the boyfriend in question is going to want to break up with his girlfriend because she's the recipient of unwanted advances, there are deeper issues at play. At the very least, he's insecure in the relationship. What I really don't get is why women have to have a man in their lives to have a "legitimate" reason to rebuff guys like that. Why isn't "I'm not interested in you like that" all that needs to be said? It's not like they're entitled to the relationship they want with any woman just because they want it. Not to mention any guy that ignores such a basic 'no' is throwing up red flags right from the start.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
She did clearly tell him she has a boyfriend she loves. And she knew he was a trouble maker and that is why she was cold toward him. Her boyfriend thought she had agreed to meet for lunch with the other guy, from the messages he was sending. Luckily she had proof she did not.
@yukimori (8562)
@bluesa With guys like that it's better to just block them so they can't keep sending messages. Maybe if more women stopped responding to them they'd get the idea and try being decent people for a change.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Someone once said that nowadays, telling a guy you have a boyfriend won't work. Just tell him you want money and he will leave you alone.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I agree, people like that are just out to destroy.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, dear OT. Yes, and that infuriates me.
I don't know why they do it, but some try it even when the woman is married.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, it is nauseating! I can't stand it.
The woman that did not want his advances could have brought it to the attention of her boss and man from the jump. None of the threat would have been there.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, she could have told her boss, I agree. But it is just sickening to me that single men put women in relationships through this in the first place.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
I agree with you It`s really a disrespectful way pursuing a woman who are already in a relationship especially when she already keep on telling you that she`s happy with the relationship. I guess, There are a lot of bully man who wants to make your relationship miserable because they are not happy with their own lives
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, it could be that because he can't keep a relationship going, he has to try to destroy others.
• Nairobi, Kenya
The solution is to tell your man. He will save you from them :)
@bluesa ..Yes but I must say this, I also think that the partners should also trust their woman than get jealous for nothing..Right?
@magallon (17371)
In real truth , there are men who are really like that. In fact i have experienced the same situation during my younger years. Maybe because they believe that they still have the chances to get the woman because she is not yet married.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry this happened to you. Yes, I suppose because she isn't wearing a ring they think they have a right to try.
@magallon (17371)
@bluesa The woman should be firm in making decisions. if she is in that situation she has to inform her boyfriend about it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@magallon , yes, she should have told her boyfriend but she tried to sort it out herself. Luckily for her things worked out.
Yes, I definitely agree with you. I have to admit that it's the same when one is happily married to her wonderful husband.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It really makes me see red that people do not respect that a person is happily married or in a good relationship and has to try to destroy it for them.
@bluesa We both know that some people are idiots!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , oh yes, do we ever
@sol_cee (13620)
• Japan
Men!!
• Nairobi, Kenya
men...
@sol_cee (13620)
• Japan
@mildredtabitha MEN!!! Lol
@peachpurple (10708)
There are selfish men who play tricks on women because they think it is fun and challenging, sometimes they make a bet too
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, you're right. They think it is a game. I have heard about those type of bets, it really infuriates me.
@peachpurple (10708)
@bluesa guys are like that, they take women as their "pawn" they are the players.
@ridingbet (38053)
some men try to do that with hopes that he will get the woman away from her boyfriend. the faithfulness and honesty of the woman is often questioned here if she answers a call, a text message, or an offer for a date. but maybe if the woman tells straightforward to this pursuing man that she is already attached, most likely, the man will bow out.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
This was a stubborn man, my friend, he only bowed out when he thought the boyfriend had left her, then he was no longer interested.
@ridingbet (38053)
@bluesa sometimes too, here in my country, crimes happen because of jealousy or the man cannot accept defeat.
@JustBhem (22599)
• Davao, Philippines
It's up to the girl if she lures herself to the bait of the guy.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
She did not lure him, she actually tried to put him off, she was just not firm enough. But when she told him she has a boyfriend, he should have backed off.
@JustBhem (22599)
• Davao, Philippines
@bluesa I see the guy is disrespectful indeed.
I fully agree with you, imagine those single men who do the same to married women. It's disrespectful and put those women in a very dangerous situation.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, Anna, they have no respect and only think of themselves, shame on them!
@kepweng (6407)
your right but be careful maybe than man is stalker??
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, sometimes the man could be a stalker, this man just wanted to try to see if he could destroy a relationship, I think.
@PatZAnthony (11813)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
There is so must disrespect from both sides. These people know what they are doing and don't seem to care who gets hurt.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, sadly, and I am so disappointed by such people, that they would chase after someone in a relationship is actually pathetic.
@Tracy04 (10661)
I have heard this same cases yesterday. But lucky the lady is not entertaining the other guy because she has boyfriend.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Good she is not entertaining him!
I completely agree with what you're saying. It is wrong for a man to flirt with a woman who he knows is not single. Some guys see it as a challenge, especially if he knows the woman is not happy. He uses that to his advantage. which is not right. Some guys just don't care, because they like her too much to give up. They hope that by keeping on pursuing her in every way possible, she'll eventually fall for him. This is especially true if a guy tells a woman that he notices her man treating her like crap. In this case, he'll say that she should be with him because he would treat her better. I understand a guy feeling that way, but just hear the woman out. Don't try to get with her if she still wants to be with her man. I will admit that that does happen in some cases. Which is probably why some guys think it's okay. I still think they're wasting their time, though. They need to pick their battles.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I agree with you, some guys that persevere get that woman away from her boyfriend. Only problem is then they struggle to trust her, or they all of a sudden forgets she exists. A lose lose situation if ever.
@tzwrites (3814)
I think that some men see it as a challenge to try to "win" a woman that is taken. They are trying to prove they are better than the other guy. Not only is it disrespectful but it is beyond irritating.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh yes, they don't take into consideration that not only are they direspectful but they are an irritant too!
@JWMURP (44)
Disrespecting other people is never good,,,the saying 'Do to others as you want them to do to you applies here, as in almost all human relationships, it seems to me.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I agree with you, one day he might be in a relationship and someone could make things uncomfortable for him.
@FayeHazel (11811)
Both anger me - the boyfriend for being that insecure , and the pursuer. Nothing wrong with asking once, but if a person would rather not be pursued best to respect that. I think your friend may be best off without either of those 2.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I agree her boyfriend should trust her and both have treated her unfairly, she really loves her boyfriend though. With my temper, both would no longer be in my life.
Yes, if a male or female has a boyfriend our girlfriend, they should be off limits to others.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, if someone is in a relationship, someone who isn't should respect it.