Renal Failure and how to prevent it.

By Bhem
@JustBhem (37192)
Davao, Philippines
Many of you know here about me and I'm open about it. Before I used to be ashamed and afraid of myself because of my sickness. Then later on, with people surrounding me with a positive mind, I learned to accept and embrace this new life for me to be able to inspire people. Renal Failure or Kidney Failure is a medical condition where damage kidneys are not doing their job anymore, in short fail to clean toxic waste from the blood. It has many causes. In order for you to prevent this kind of sickness which I know is rampant nowadays. These would help us. 1. Quit Smoking and Drinking Liquor. 2. Stop eating salty and fatty foods. 3. If you are diabetic, be sure to talk to a dietitian to develop a diabetes meal plan. 4. Make Physical activity part of your routine. 5. Be sure to have a healthy weight or stay at normal weight. 6. Have enough sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. 7. Drink water all the time. 8. Don't hold your pee. 9. Check from time to time your Blood pressure. 10. Do not take over-the-counter pills on a regular basis or antibiotics. Always consult your Doctor. 11. Maintain a positive attitude and outlook. They said if your sad and lonely, kidneys can feel that too. 12. Don’t keep your feelings inside. If you feel very stress, talk to someone. It will help make your kidneys function well. 13. Be happy all the time. If you are happy, kidneys will do the same for you. I hope this information will help us. Photo was taken from Google.
Is there a chance that you could get a kidney transplant?
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It is my friend, not me. Maybe she will get a transplant, I'm not sure.
@kobesbuddy Oops! that comment was meant for @JustBhem.
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Kandae11 That's O.K.! Have a great day:)
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My high school friend is going through renal failure, because of un-diagnosed diabetes. Now, she needs dialysis every single day:(
Every day? That must be real tough.
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Kandae11 She went into congestive heart failure, because her kidneys stopped functioning.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Every day? How is it possible? I have my treatment twice a week, Monday and Thursday.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am so sorry you are going through this, I hope all that great advice you have given is helping you @JustBhem and I try to keep fit and positive, but I know I am not getting enough sleep.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
That's all I can do for people for their awareness.
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Shelly went into renal failure and congestive heart failure. They almost lost her, but now she's at home, doing a little better. I spoke with her and Bob, her husband, yesterday. Why she is on dialysis every day, I didn't ask. I knew one man who had dialysis twice a week. He is a diabetic, also.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
I see that is why she needs to undergo dialysis every day. I know the feeling. Having a congestive heart is so difficult.
@kobesbuddy (46553)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JustBhem Shelly was supposedly healthy. Then, she went into congestive heart failure and into a hospital, only to find out she has been a diabetic, but didn't know it. Then, the renal failure both her kidneys stopped working. They kept her in the hospital for about two weeks, to save her life. Now she's at home, receiving daily dialysis.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@kobesbuddy Now I know she is on Peritoneal Dialysis. Where she can do that at home. If a person is a diabetic some affect the kidneys.
@ridingbet (53060)
i wonder...what caused you to have renal disease? if it is hereditary as you mentioned before, haven't you restricted the precipitating factors that would have possibly led you into the kidney disease?
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
At first, I was wondering why I'm having this illness. When Mother was also diagnosed same with me, the Doctor of mine finally told us, I got it from my Mother. So that means, Mother is all responsible for my illness. Maybe she tried to let me go when I was inside her womb, or maybe she was devastated for having me, that only proves since I was growing she never like me at all.
@ridingbet (53060)
@JustBhem but she should be a mother to you because she was the one who gave you that illness. even if she wanted to abort you, the illness will still remain in her system. she should not put the blame on you.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet I think she's blaming me why Father is not affectionate to her. I don't know. That's what I observed.
Like me.My bone marrow is not doing the job.Have to get injection every week.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Oh, and what kind of injection is that? I always have my Alpha Epo for my Hemoglobin.
@JustBhem this is procrit injection.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@amadeo I see. I thought insulin.
@Kosgey (1214)
That's kind of you, I pray that your condition will improve quickly.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks. I really appreciate it.
@Kosgey (1214)
@JustBhem thanks
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@Ganma7 (2829)
Excellent article and thank you for the heads up and ways to prevent this. Very helpful. Feel better and stay positive
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks for finding it informative.
@Ganma7 (2829)
@JustBhem Welcome
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@prashu228 (25811)
I heard about this. One of my paternal Uncle was on dialysis for four years before he passed away. But he was a drunker and smoker before he got the problem. ..
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
I see it's one of the factors that will cause kidney failure.
@prashu228 (25811)
@JustBhem hmm yes..
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@prashu228 I hope this information will help us.
@magallon (18090)
- I don't smoke. I don't drink liquor. - I sometimes eat salty and fatty foods. - My blood sugar is in the borderline. - Household chores is my physical activity. I sweat a lot doing all the chores at home especially scrubbing the floor and doing the laundry. - I think I am in a normal weight - Having enough sleep is my problem. - I always drink water. I see to it that I drink 8 or more glasses of water in a day. - I sometimes hold my pee. - My blood pressure is consistent at 110/80 - I do self medication sometimes. - I have a positive outlook in life but most of the time i feel so stressed by my work at home and in school. - I keep my feelings to myself almost all the time. - I want to be happy all the time but i can't. SORRY... I answered all your suggestions. I wish you good health always Bhem. Stay healthy friend....
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Well most of them you did the right thing so no worries.
@magallon (18090)
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
1. Quit Smoking and Drinking Liquor. - [/u][u]I don't smoke, I rarely drink one.. 2. Stop eating salty and fatty foods. - t[u][/u]hat is a struggle for me to stop, the one thing doc told not to eat 3. If you are diabetic, be sure to talk to a dietitian to develop a diabetes meal plan.- [u][/u]right now I think i'm not diabetic 4. Make Physical activity part of your routine. - t[u][/u]his is why i bought the zero bike 5. Be sure to have a healthy weight or stay at normal weight. - [u][/u]i got close to loosing only ten pounds last year =( 6. Have enough sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. - [u][/u]mostly 5 to 6 hours a day..yeah, it's a shame 7. Drink water all the time. - [u][/u]yes, im doing this 8. Don't hold your pee. - definitely not holding back 9. Check from time to time your Blood pressure. -[u][/u] I check last week because of headache, it was normal/. 10. Do not take over-the-counter pills on a regular basis or antibiotics. Always consult your Doctor. -[u][/u] last time I didn't finished my medication, this time I intend to continue it for two months and will consult back after two month medication. 11. Maintain a positive attitude and outlook. They said if your sad and lonely, kidneys can feel that too. - [u][/u]how am I supposed to do that 12. Don’t keep your feelings inside. If you feel very stress, talk to someone. It will help make your kidneys function well. -[u][/u] that's why I have mylot and not sure if i can trust to open up with FB friends 13. Be happy all the time. If you are happy, kidneys will do the same for you. [u][/u]- how? My dad's on dialysis because of Kidney failure and I don't want to share his fate..sorry if i copied the ten list there.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
It's okay. How long is your Father into Dialysis? And how old is he? 11. Maintain a positive attitude and outlook. They said if your sad and lonely, kidneys can feel that too. - [u][/u]how am I supposed to do that - Always think ahead and stay positive. It won't harm you. 13. Be happy all the time. If you are happy, kidneys will do the same for you. [u][/u]- how? - Do what makes you happy, if you have a wife and kids, it's enough to make yourself happy.
@JustBhem I am single Fortunately. and my dad's not alone over there. I think he's already 70+ years.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 Oh, and he is doing fine while on treatment I assume.
@thelme55 (14575)
Thanks for the advice. Are you on medication or do you need a kidney transplant?
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
I'm still with the treatment for my entire life. I need to live. For the transplant, it will take millions and a donor for me to avail of the transplant.
@thelme55 (14575)
@JustBhem hang on to life. Maybe one day you will get a help.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 I believe that. I just need to wait.
Thanks for your post.
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
You are welcome.
@tech40 (9260)
@JustBhem I guess I'm following all of them except the 2.. hmm do you think it's fine if I don't follow only 2?
@JustBhem (37192)
• Davao, Philippines
Just refrain from eating salty foods and if you do, just drink plenty of water.
@tech40 (9260)
@JustBhem I'm not eating salty.. only fatty haha probably that is okay.. yeah I drink more water or juice than softdrinks "I'm not fan of softdrinks"
@JustBhem Thank you Bhem for sharing that with us. You have nothing to be ashamed about your illness. I am sorry you suffer so.
Great article. It's good to know how we can help prevent renal failure.