Color Me Rad

I love color! I am glad to see color is "in", but that wouldn't affect my decorating choices. You're looking at a picture of my new living room rug. You may remember (and kudos if you do) my apartment complex (finally) put new carpet in my living room. It was stained when I moved in so it was a welcome change. I hadn't had the money to get a living room rug until now. I like to have a rug to prevent well trafficked areas of the carpet from wearing out. The longer it lasts the better. Do you love color? My sister is just the opposite; she prefers more sedate hues.
That is a nice rug it should last a long time.
Thanks, I hope so!
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
i do love color. in fact when i had my own house, i had bright colors in every room. even the walls.
I would love more color on my walls, but as a renter I can't paint them per apartment complex rules.
@bunnybon7 (36431)
• Holiday, Florida
@AmbiePam i know. lived in apartments most of my life and was so happy for my own house. sadly i had to give it up over illness
I love that color for your rug. For me, it certainly would stand out on a light colored carpet, like light brown or light colors. Although here where we are in a tropical climate and it is dusty, I prefer not to have rugs because it gathers so much dust.
My carpet is a lighter brown, although not too light. I understand the dust issue. That would be a factor for me too.
@AmbiePam Then, it is a good combination. That rug will stand out in the carpet.
@kepweng (14564)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i like rainbow color
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It's eye popping
I do like that colour and pattern. When decorating our homes we've always gone with the neutrals, but coloured accents. My husband is pretty conservative on that subject, so I just go along with it, but am always trying to push for more. Enjoy this, I'm sure that you will!
My dad is like you. His wife brought her brown furniture when they got married (his furniture was also brown, just darker) and changed the coral drapes to white drapes. My dad is like, where is the color? She has no color in the living room, not even a vase. It's kind of depressing.
@AmbiePam Oh no, if she has neutrals she has to have a pop of colour, and that can be changed up with the seasons.
@Juliaacv I know, exactly!
Love color. Especially blues.
Oh, me too!
@Fishmomma (11504)
I love color and getting ready to paint the bathroom walls next. I'm not sure what color they will be; however, it will depend on which colors my husband will accept. One is likely to be some shade of blue and the other yellow.
It sounds like it will be lovely.
I do like color and your new rug is pretty. I think I saw or read somewhere that vibrant colors are coming in fashion not only for accessories but also wall colors.
Oh, I know. I'm very happy about that.
Like you, I love color. It brings a room to life. I love the color and pattern in your rug.
Thank you!
Color! I used to be beige but not for years now. Love the rug!
Thanks
Pretty sweet rug I like the colors.
@Ganma7 (2829)
I love the color and you can put allot of neutrals with it. I protect my rugs too
I do like the color. I'm glad your complex gave you a new carpet. I have rugs protecting mine as well.
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
This looks a good quality rug and waiting for it was probably worth it. I do like it, although it would not be my choice ofr my own home as I like Oriental and Ethnic. Hopefully this will look good for years to come.
I like your rug. I like bright colours too.
There is a quote from a Danny Kaye movie, I believe it is called the Jester. It says "life is a canvas, throw all the color on it that you can." My daughter, however, is a neutral person. Weird.