Music from Film "Woke Up This Morning" by A3 from "The Sopranos"

@FayeHazel (17981)
In this installment of music from Tv/ Movies / Film - I bring you "Woke Up This Morning" by A3 from the Tv show "The Sopranos.  About the Tv show: "The Sopranos" was about an Italian / American "crime" family.  (Mafia)  --  The story centered on "big boss" Tony Soprano.  The series opened on the viewer watching a therapy session between Tony and his psychologist.  Tony faces many challenges in his daily life.  He has a lot of power, but also a lot of stress.  He also does many things that are immoral, from cheating on his wife, to having to enact physical violence as part of his "work".  However calloused he may be - Tony does still struggle with these immoral things, all while trying to shield his family from his dubious "profession" as a mob boss.  With well written characters - from the society climbing wife, the bratty daughter and the weak willed son, to the mob underlings who are often violent and or comic this show is easy to watch. About the song:  With a hypnotic bass groove this song has smoky deep male vocals  that detail a life of promise that turns out to be a constant struggle and is a perfect match for the content in the tv show.
Never watched the show, but do love the theme song.
@FayeHazel (17981)
The theme is so moody, love it
@FayeHazel I love moody music!
@FayeHazel (17981)
@DianneN Moody and emotive... like the day is today here. :-)
I might just be the only one on Earth that has never watched it.
@FayeHazel (17981)
You, Ambie and Dianne I think.... heh heh small club
I only saw a few of those episodes, but really wanted to watch the show. I do recongize the theme song though. He was a great actor and sad that he has passed on Faye.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Oh yes, a great pity about the passing of the actor who played Tony
I will go and listen to the song now.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Hope you enjoyed
I never watched the Sopranos, but thank you the the link. I love anything with a bass groove.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Hope you liked it
Excellent music! I never watched this show! Not much interest in this kind of show but sad that i missed this great music! I miss all the great things by not watching much TV! Thank you for sharing!
@FayeHazel (17981)
Great song isn't it? I'm thinking to check out other songs by this band. True, the show was a bit violent... -- good on you for not watching TV though - time waster that it can be
@FayeHazel i am watching it more now than I used to watch it but not so much as to waste time!!!!
@FayeHazel (17981)
@Marty1 A wise choice. It is easy to get "sucked in"
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Perfect theme song for a fantastic TV series. Never missed an episode! Characters make a great program and these actors were perfect. Loved the actor who played Paulie and Junior. They were all very good. Disturbing violence mixed with light humor in between. David Chase created a great mob series for sure
@FayeHazel (17981)
The song fit it so perfectly. Junior was such a crusty, violent old chap. I loved Paulie with his weird hair and mix of psychotic and neurotic behaviors
@dgobucks226 (12105)
@FayeHazel Yes, to all observations. Each character had there own little quirks! But violent and merciless too. I still remember that scene where they killed off Adrian. That was shocking to see
@FayeHazel (17981)
@dgobucks226 I actually know a guy who looks like the actor who played Christopher (Or "Christophu" as they pronounced that on the show, lol) -- I watched the special features on that episode - it was the actress talking about filming that particular episode. I thought it was interesting how she mentioned that the guy who "killed" her on the show, the actor... he had to drag her out the car and act violent with her while she pleaded no... she was saying how he didn't want to do it.... I thought it was funny - cause that guy has played in a lot of "mob" movies and he looks rough and tough --- must be a gentle person in real life
@Zeebow (15)
I watched that show and i loved the theme song for it
@FayeHazel (17981)
Addictive theme song it is.
@kepweng (14611)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice to heard some lullaby songs
@FayeHazel (17981)
Lol! Ah, I get it.
I'm glad you enjoy the show and the song. I tried listening to it, even with my volume up I couldn't understand what was being sung.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Oh dear. Come to think on it, he doesn't enunciate his words the best.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I never watched The Sopranos but many of my friends never missed an episode. The theme song is great though.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Great show, but violent though
I watched a few episodes, but I didn't like the violent scenes.
@FayeHazel (17981)
The gore isn't my favorite
@ridingbet (52622)
hmmm, i never heard of this song
@FayeHazel (17981)
It wasn't really popular outside of the TV show I don't think
I didn't watch the show, but I am familiar with that song.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Oh cool! I would love if it would get some more radio play
I have seen bits and clips but I haven't really seen the whole series.
@FayeHazel (17981)
The episodes can make sense not in order, but it's much more interesting watching from the start
@YrNemo (12638)
Nice tune, nice voices! What you wrote there, made me think of some similar saying, 'give the man some power, and see how corrupted he could be!'
@FayeHazel (17981)
That's a very good comment to go along with