Have You Ever Broken A Bone In Your Body?

Our bodies are amazing! With proper treatment, a broken bone can heal itself. My grandson has broken his arm twice. My son has broken his collar bone. I fell on the ice when I lived in Denver, Colorado and cracked a rib. I was 6 months pregnant. So, it was a scary incident. One of my twin boys was hit by a car when he was riding his bike and broke his leg. Have you ever broken a bone? I know a lot of people who have.
@Mike197602 (13899)
I crashed my motorbike and broke my collar bone, my arm, some ribs and bones in my feet I also had my jaw broken in a fight and have some metal in there now.
Oh, my goodness. You've had quite a lot of broken body parts. Isn't it amazing how our body can go through all that and still be healed?
@YesWay (3446)
@mike197602 Oh my goodness!!
@Mike197602 (13899)
@IreneVincent The body does have amazing ability to heal...also the NHS in the uk is very good as I had no medical bills.
@LeaPea2417 (21616)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, all 3 bones in my left leg were broken when I was hit by a car at age 12.
OMG! One of my sons was hit by a car when he was about 12 years old and broke his leg, but it was just one bone.
@LeaPea2417 (21616)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@IreneVincent Yes, unfortunately all 3 bones were compact breaks , where I had to have plastic surgery later on.
@LeaPea2417 Sounds really bad and painful. Glad you are OK now?
@UncleJoe (10640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Not only have I broken a bone in my body, I have also broken bones in other people's bodies. I TOLD them to leave me alone!
I will be in your neighborhood soon. I hope the weather is going to be good. It looks OK, maybe some rain during the week.
@UncleJoe (10640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@IreneVincent Saturday night is the only time Becky has off.
@UncleJoe Well, I'm back from Virginia Beach. We were there from the 21st of October until today, the 28th. For some reason, we had no Wifi this time and it was very frustrating. I just got home about 2 hours ago and was so glad to get online. We had a great time and the weather was really good except for one evening it was a bit chilly. We went to Wannabe's Monday night and Wednesday night. We ate at several different restaurants and walked on the boardwalk and shopped and had a great time. My oldest son, who drove up from a fishing trip in Wilmington, NC, was able to spend a couple nights with us. In the evenings. we mostly played card games and board games and worked a jigsaw puzzle which we tried to finish last night but had to give up.
Yes, I have, my right elbow, several toes, ribs, and my legs. The first was because I was clumsy, toes because I was pregnant. I never caught them on anything when I wasn't. And my legs - right ankle - just turned it, left leg - wasn't watching where I was going in the dark and really did a number on it.
Oh my! You've had quite a few broken bones. It did remind me though, that I did break my little toe too. A crazy situation. During a terrible storm we lost out power and I went through the laundry room in the dark and hit my toe on a 25 pound box of cat litter that my daughter-in-law had put by the freezer. It hurt terribly and my whole foot turned blue, clear up to my ankle. I did NOT go to the doctor. I just taped it.
@IreneVincent There's nothing you can do for broken toes or ribs. You just wait it out.
@just4him Yes, that's exactly right. I knew there was nothing a doctor could do.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I have had my arm and leg broken before.
Oh dear! So, you have lots of experience with broken bones. I hope they healed fast for you.
@IreneVincent I was still a kid when I broke of them.
@Scrapper88 OK So, all is well, I guess. That's good.
Neither my brother, sister or I have ever broken a bone, and we are in our 60s. Good bones.
That's wonderful. None of my brothers have had broken bones either, but my children and grand children have had a few over they years.
@IreneVincent It is weird, but our son, age 33, our only child, has never broken a bone either. Hope that luck holds out.
@Corbin5 That's good! My great grandson, who is 10 years old, recently broke his wrist skate boarding.
Thankfully I've never broken a bone but my grandson broke his arm twice
Yes, my grandson did too. Once at school, tripping over a chair that someone pushed over in front of him and once from falling from the Monkey Bars. Same arm, about a year apart.
@IreneVincent my grandson broke his arm right at the end of school so he spent the whole summer not being able to swim. He did the same thing a few years later
@Marilynda1225 Bad timing for sure. Of course, there is never a good time to break your arm.
@YesWay (3446)
I am lucky that I have never broken a bone I hope I never do!!
I hope you never do. As an older person, I really try to be very careful at all times.
@YesWay (3446)
@IreneVincent Thank you. I hope not either!!
@Alian123 (443)
I broke my foot due to some accident while skate bording... And it seriously hurts! I wasn't able to walk for about 1 week and a half. But it was fun, I'll definitely do it again in a heart beat
I hope you mean that the skateboarding was fun and NOT the broken foot!
@Alian123 (443)
@IreneVincent ahaha both
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I have never broken a bone before just scratches here and there when i was playing as a kid.
That's good. A broken bone is very painful, so you can be glad that you have never had one.
@rubyriaz007 (4258)
My bones have never broken, but I have seen many relatives of mine who have brittle bones as they have less calcium in their body. When calcium becomes less in our body ,our bones become brittle and break easily. So we must have sufficient amount of calcium in our body. Too much of calcium also is not good for our body.
Yes, some persons have strong bones and others have brittle bones. It could be from their diet but it could also be hereditary. I have a friend who has very brittle bones and her daughter has the same problem.
I have broken my collarbone, leg, and ankle. If course, a few toes too.
Wow! You've had quite a few breaks too. Several have had broken toes. I guess that's easy to do when you go barefoot. But, it hurts. I know, because I broke my little toe once also.
No I have not knock on wood.
Glad to hear it.
@UmiNoor (3535)
Indeed our body is an amazing piece of work. I had an accident in 2003 and broke my wrist. The doctor said I might have to have some kind of metal inserted into my wrist. Thankfully, I didn't need to do that. They just put me in a cast and my wrist healed all by itself.
Our bodies can heal after accidents and surgery and cuts and scrapes and many other mishaps. It's the way that humans were created. It's just one of the reasons that I don't believe in Evolution.
@Hate2Iron (7967)
No, not even one thank goodness!
I'm glad for you. Continue to be careful in all that you do.
I broke my right foot walking home one dark night. I went straight home after someone picked me up off the street. I stayed home till it heeled weeks later. I cried my eyes out though.
Did you not go to the doctor? You must have been in terrible pain.
@IreneVincent I have injured myself very badly but don't recall if I broke anything but came close. Many parts of my body have suffered badly throughout my years.