Question of the Day- Fast Food Surprises!

By DB
Have you ever found anything gross in your fast food or grocery purchase? There was a story in the NJ (U.S) newspapers recently about a man who ordered a hoagie sandwich at a Wawa. It turns out when he bit into the sandwich he discovered maggots, ugh I had one know experience myself when purchasing packaged flounder at a grocery store. When I opened up the package, underneath the fish, were small live worms (probably maggots) How about you? Have you ever found something gross in your food purchase? Source- www.nj.com Photo- google images/cbsnews.com
Thankfully not. But there's protein in maggots!
So I hear!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
We will send you all the maggots we find @JohnRoberts.
@sabtraversa (9921)
Eww, no, I don't recall that happening to me. They looked like French fries by the distance, but they're maggots. I'm disappointed. They still look edible though.
@sabtraversa They are starting to sell insect as food here in Switzerland. May be you are interested to try. For the moment I am not.
@LadyDuck Yum yum! What insect? If ladybugs or butterflies, I'll gladly give a try.
@sabtraversa I know for sure they have used "flour maggots" to make a sort of hamburger. It seems that customers from Como came to try the product. Local people have preferred not to try.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I can't think of one right now. Although often Walmart has sold milk a day or two after sell by date.
I know i get very short days before milk gets bad from Wal Mart if i send in an order online and have the store shop for it and have my sister pick it up in her car at an assigned time. I never saw one after the due date when I buy milk in the store myself, Thanks for telling me as I will look better next time!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 I try to buy straight from the locL farmers here when I can. Tastes better
@thislittlepennyearns it is hard to find local farmers here as I am unaware of who is local or distant ones but i am going to look it up. Going to the end of the county where I live there are quite a few farms towards the Ohio borderline as my county is the last one in Pa before Ohio starts
I have found none.But this is scary to see this happening in our food.
Makes we very worried when ordering a sandwich from fast food places
@dgobucks226 yes I guess and can see why
@Emmlex1000 (1388)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I have found maggots in fruits
Oh, not good! I guess the mold turned into maggots? Thanks for sharing!
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
i am 70 yrs old so of course i have. but usually it is the location, not the chain. if the managers don't take the care they should that can happen at any store. i once found a grasshopper in my chicken at KFC but it was just that place. i still eat KFC at other places and in other states etc.
I are so right about cleanliness of the establishments. Many times it is the fault of the staff.
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@bunnybon Was the grasshopper still alive?
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
@ramapo17 no, under a peice of chicken and not the whole thing either. yuck. what a conversation, huh?
@Lertka (346)
• Ukraine
Horror. I had a similar. One day my daughter asked me to buy her favorite canteens. and there we found larvae and cobwebs. It was a horror for me and the child. photo from the internet
Oh my gosh!!! That is gross. Thanks for sharing, I think, lol.
@Lertka (346)
• Ukraine
@dgobucks226 Yes, and it's scary. But, we were returned money for the goods, sweets. But, we were disoriented and dissatisfied.
@Lertka That is a traumatic experience for sure!
Thankfully, no.
I don't think I could eat whatever food it was in for a long time.
@dgobucks226 - No, not at all.
I did find bugs in my cereal one time which grossed me out.
It surprising what pops up if you leave food around too long
@dgobucks226 Yes very true!
Not so far
That is so good, lol.
@FayeHazel (12380)
Oh that's nasty! I'm sorry your flounder was gross. Did you return it? I am happy to say I haven't had anything like that. I used to buy the store brand cream cheese - it wasn't expired but it was very sour. Went bad well before the "use by" date. Had that happen twice. Complained about it to the store -- they refunded me for both packages.
No I was so shocked I just threw it out as fast as I could find the garbage. I really did not want to see those worms again, ick!
NOOO! I would sue their pants off! That is 100% a 0 marking from a health department and that place should be closed down.
And all they did was refund the customer his money. New Jersey people must not be grossed out easily. At least that customer took it in stride?
@PainsOnSlate (19652)
Yikes, I have never had that happen and I hope I never do. Seeing @Happy2BeMe response reminded me we found bugs in dry cereal too but it was because it was in the cupboard too long...we fed it to the birds...
Birds are always there when you need them to be! And if you have a bird feeder, very relaxing to watch!
No, I cannot remember I ever found unpleasant surprises in the good I bought.
Not something you would want to experience
I am fortunate to have never found a gross item in my food.
Fortunate are you And let's hope it remains so!
@ebanreb (4919)
Some products are already expired.
@SanyoSan (520)
• Sri Lanka
@m_audrey6788 (12814)
Gosh! I don`t know that there is something like that
Fortunately, there are safeguards so it is rare. But it is horrible to see!
@dgobucks226 Yes. I`m losing my appetite going to fast foods
@m_audrey6788 Well, that man in the story was just unlucky. I have heard of people actually finding a piece of a finger in their sandwich. Guess I will check my sandwich if I eat fast food, yikes!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is disgusting. I have found some strawberries in a package that were moldy in the bottom of the package.
Mold in food looks horrible! I hate it when I don't finish something quickly enough. Usually happens with dairy products. Although milk does not show mold, drinking sour milk always is a horrible taste
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dgobucks226 I don't drink milk at all but I hate seeing things after I go shopping in the food.
@ramapo17 Yes, true! I want to see what I was shopping for no extras please