Homeless teenager helping Hurricane Maria victims in Puerto Rico

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Christoper Rodriguez with the assistance of Chris Davis and Jose Aguilar who are U S military veterans from Arizona who have volunteered their services of helping the victims of Hurricane Maria that struck Puerto Rico in the city of Anasco Puerto Rico this weekend by giving them care packages, Rodriguez, 19 who is homeless since he left his home at age 16 sleeping in an alley in the city plaza has found his calling making care packages for people in his community as well as the neighboring areas of the island. Rodriguez rode out Hurricane Maria in a taxi terminal. His endless work of helping out his fellow countrymen in his native Puerto Rico with the assistance of Aguilar and Davis as far as I know has not made the national news in America. The best part of this story is that the people in Anasco Puerto Rico is that Rodriguez is doing his part to help people in his community that are also homeless due to the tragic events in his homeland. Too bad the news media like to discuss the dark side of the problems in the island involving the world leaders instead of reporting how people are helping each other in a time of need.
@franxav (3637)
God bless the boys. They are doing great work.
• Boston, Massachusetts
agreed
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Something the media as far I know does not report on television that much.
• Boston, Massachusetts
wow, such an uplifting story. thanks for sharing!
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You are welcome Mikaela T. Happy to share some good news after a tragic event that the media chooses not to report on television.
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Deepizzaguy i appreciate it
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@mikaelajuliet I got tired of sharing entertainment and sports stories. Spread some good news from time to time.
@kobesbuddy (16643)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Rodriguez is poor and owns practically nothing at all. Yet, he gives freely of himself, to those in need! What a wonderful example, of what caring is all about
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is a good story to share on this site.
@kobesbuddy (16643)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Deepizzaguy I agree, it sure is a good story!:)
Thank you for sharing this story with us. All should know of the work this fine young man has done to help so many. The news does not focus all the good that is done in the world, and I feel that is inexcusable.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I agree with you that the media just likes to cram bad news stories most of the time in the television news.
I guess someone else is funding the care packages? It's great the guys are doing what they can to help.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Something the news media decides to overlook which is a shame.
@LeaPea2417 (14621)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a great story to read. What a nice young man.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My pleasure to share a good news story.
Disaster often brings out the best in people.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is too bad that the media likes to report the dark side of disasters on television.