I Missed My Appointment

@moffittjc (35679)
Gainesville, Florida
Oops. As I sat here tonight thinking about my day tomorrow, I was trying to plan my schedule around my doctor's appointment. Except when I pulled up my calendar on my phone, I realized my appointment was today. I completely missed my appointment! Of course, I was confused as to why my calendar app didn't give me an alert notice today for the appointment, but when I opened up the calendar appointment, I realized I never set an alert notice (the appointment was made six months ago). Thankfully, it was just my annual checkup, and nothing major. I think I will just show up tomorrow and play dumb and act surprised when they tell me I missed my appointment on Monday. Then I'll turn on the charm and try to see if the receptionist will reschedule my appointment for me. Have you ever missed a doctor's appointment?
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes I recently missed one for my husband and it was a biggy, first time ever for me but he had so many appointments in such a short time that I just got confused,
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
In fairness to me, it was an appointment I made six months ago, so the fact that I was only one day off on the timing of when the appointment was, I'd say that I am doing pretty good! Most times, I can't remember things I did an hour ago, let alone something I did six months ago! haha
• Portland, Connecticut
@moffittjc lol No, me either, I use the alarms on my phone to keep me on schedule otherwise I would be lost.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr The alarms on our phones are only good if we remember to set them! lol
@CoralLevang (40746)
I've only missed one appointment that I completely forgot about. And the fact that they charged me a portion of it and I had to pay it, I've never done it again
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I just want to stay on their good side. They are so great about getting me in for appointments at the last minute when I am sick. I want to make sure I don't ruin that.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@moffittjc I both certainly understand that
I only missed one as I was told to come to my therapist at 3 pm and my therapist called me worried as i never miss and I missed it at 1 pm!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Interestingly, I never even received a courtesy call from my doctor alerting me that I missed my appointment.
@moffittjc am usually there for all my appointments about 15-30 minutes early! she said it is so not me to not show up without calling!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Marty1 I'm like you...I always show up about 15-20 minutes early for an appointment.
@bluesa (12770)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I have. And also because I forgot. And they charged me full price for missing it. I uh, couldn't charm the receptionist @moffittjc . I am sure you'll be able to charm away.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm sure you could have charmed them if you had tried hard enough! lol By the way, I like your new profile picture!
@bluesa (12770)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc I don't charm fellow ladies. Maybe if the receptionist had been a man. Oh, thank you.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa Haha, okay that's fair enough! You charm the men, I'll charm the ladies. And then maybe someday you and I can meet in person and charm each other!
Never missed without purposely missing lol
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oooh, I'm not sure I would ever intentionally miss an appointment, no matter how bad it may be.
@moffittjc my anxiety makes me
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Yes, I could see where anxiety would cause a lot of stress in that situation.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I haven't been to the doctor since like April. And that was a emergency room visit.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh goodness, an emergency room visit? What happened?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@moffittjc wisdom tooth was pulled and the dentist messed up
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns Ouch! That would suck! Hopefully you got everything taken care of.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Oh my! I experienced it one time and had to rush running. Good thing it`s just nearby my place So, How was your reschedule request?
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
They were very accommodating, and rescheduled my appointment for another day. I had no issues at all rescheduling!
@moffittjc That`s good! here if you`re late you have to pay and reschedule you 3months later
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@m_audrey6788 It's like that in most places here in the US as well. But I have a great doctor here where I live, and I have no problem getting an appointment to see him. I've even called before to make an appointment, and the receptionist just told me to come straight on over and he will see me right away. Now that is great medical care right there! haha
@Srbageldog (5443)
I have had to miss a few doctor's appointments here and there, but usually I call and let them know I can't make it. I am always paranoid I will forget about one and just not show up. So many no-shows for me means the doctor will drop me as a patient.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have a really great doctor, so I don't want to be dropped as a patient. It took me a very long time to find this doctor, so I want to keep him as long as I can!
@moffittjc I feel the same way about my doctor. I don't want to lose her!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Srbageldog Yeah, it's hard enough finding a good doctor these days, so when you do find one, you want to keep that person forever!
I have missed doctors appointments - then I reschedule by phone. I am quite sure that your charm will work.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Hey, if they want my money, they'll reschedule my appointment! lol Actually, I think they have a policy that if you don't show up for your appointment and don't cancel within 24 hours of the appointment, you will get billed $25 or something like that. But that's why I plan on showing up tomorrow and playing dumb like I thought my appointment was on Tuesday instead of Monday, so perhaps they will buy my story and not charge me the extra fee!
@moffittjc yes, try the dumb act.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Kandae11 You assume it's an act! You obviously haven't met me in real life! haha I tend to be pretty clueless on just about everything happening in the world around me. Sometimes, I don't know how I make it through the day! lol
@MarymargII (8334)
• Toronto, Ontario
Oh yes, and showed up on the wrong day a few times. Sheesh! you could just phone and apologize, let them know what happened and ask them to reschedule. You could save yourself a trip. Still turn on the charm though---lol!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
My doctor is right around the corner from where I live, so I don't mind showing up in person. Besides, the receptionist is very cute!
• Toronto, Ontario
@moffittjc Haha! Oh well that works too-
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@MarymargII I was able to reschedule my appointment and they didn't charge me any fees for missing my appointment.
@LCaldwell (255)
I have missed a few. Maybe more than a few. lol Sometimes dr offices will take you as a walk in. Good luck!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I just feel bad because I never miss appointments, and never forget about appointments either. Just for some reason I had my days mixed up. It also doesn't help that I took the week off from work so I could relax, so my schedule is already way off to begin with!
@moffittjc It happens. I blame my forgetfulness on my old age. lol
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LCaldwell Umm...I'm pretty sure you are not old! At least not old enough to be forgetting things!
I don't know if I ever missed an appointment... my parents' usually ask me 101 times and then write a calendar to remind me, lol. I do not my previous health care provider charges a $50 fee or something if we're a no show! I hope that doesn't happen to you!.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
They were nice about it, and didn't charge me any fees at all. Plus, they rescheduled my appointment.
@moffittjc That's sweet of them! Don't forget next time, did you put your schedule in your calendar this time?
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby It was in my calendar this last time too, I just put it on the wrong day! But, yes, I have the new appointment in my calendar, and I have double and triple-checked to make sure I added it on the right day! lol
I was late by one hour for my kids' physical during a snowstorm. He was miffed, but I let him have it back for all the times we had to wait in the waiting room. He was a friend, so didn't throw us out. lol
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
We should get Congress to pass a law that allows us to subtract the value of our time off of our doctor bills. So, for instance, if I make $30 per hour, and I have to sit in the waiting room for an hour, the doctor should deduct $30 off of my bill!
@moffittjc Wouldn't that be lovely???
@moffittjc Lol! Quite true!
@YrNemo (8519)
I feel much better, knowing that this could happen to a young person like you. Happened to me once, only because there was some birthday party which I had to organize. (At that time, emails, cell phones were not popular yet. )
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
You just made my day by telling me that I am a young person! haha
@YrNemo (8519)
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
You can set your calendar in alarm. My calendar alarms me 5 minutes before the schedule. So I rarely missed my schedules
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I should have set an alarm on my phone. Maybe I'll do that next time so that it reminds me of my appointment.
Haha. Be sure to let us all know how the 'charm' works. I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching THAT little performance!
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
I still got it Judy! Had no issues whatsoever turning on the charm at the doctor's office this morning! I was able to reschedule my appointment. I think they like seeing me there because I am probably the youngest patient they have. LOL
@moffittjc Oh well, I suppose I'll have to say congratulations. I thought perhaps they'd send you out with a flea in your ear - figuratively speaking of course.
• Denmark
Not that I can remember. But once I went to the dentist's two weeks before my appointment was due! If that isn't sick I don't know what is.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Haha, that is funny that you went two weeks early! Most people have trouble dragging themselves to the dentist on the day of their appointment, let alone two weeks early!
@bunnybon7 (33054)
• Holiday, Florida
a few times but mostly because my daughter forgot and i had to call and reschedule because of no ride.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Totally understandable when you are at the mercy of someone else giving you a ride.
@UncleJoe (8532)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
No, but I keep trying.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well Uncle Joe, you just keep right on trying! One of these days you will be successful!
• Marion, Kansas
Not quite in this way but I have because conflicts happen. I usually try to reschedule as soon as I know there is a conflict.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
What kind of conflicts? Like war with North Korea? That kind of conflict? haha