Ten Favorite Wild Songs: Wild Wild Life (#4)

@FourWalls (13796)
I’m about to take a refreshing bath but first it’s time to get wild! Here’s another song on the list of my favorites that have the word “wild” in the title. @teamfreak16 is also counting down his favorites, so check his list, out, too (especially today’s song, “Wild Horses”). Meanwhile, here’s probably the least surprising song on the list. #4: Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads Oh, sure, I was going to ignore this one. There’s another Heads song that fits the theme, “I Get Wild/Wild Gravity” from Speaking in Tongues, but I’m going with this one for one simple reason: I like it a whole lot better! This was the last Talking Heads hit, from their 1986 album True Stories, which featured the band doing songs that appeared in the film that David Byrne co-wrote, directed, and starred in. Only three songs on the album were actually performed by Talking Heads in the movie: the closing credits song, “City of Dreams,” “Love for Sale” (which had a great video that got banned by MTV because of the 120 or so commercial clips in it), and this one. The video for “Wild Wild Life” splices together scenes from the movie (yes, that is John Goodman....he sang “People Like Us” in the movie, and surprisingly doesn’t have that bad a voice!) and members of Talking Heads making cameos. Byrne is easy to see, as is Chris Frantz; however, Tina Weymouth (the bald woman) and Jerry Harrison (playing the Billy Idol and Prince impersonators) are a bit more difficult to notice. This song is supposedly about cocaine addiction (“checking in, checking out....spending all of my money and time on too much wild, wild life”), but it could easily be about any addiction. Except to the Talking Heads, of course. Wild Wild Life Written by David Byrne Recorded by Talking Heads From True Stories, 1986 I’m wearing fur pajamas:
Try out a fresh look for YouTube. Learn more. Close Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find ou
Thanks for the link, This wasn't a song I knew. (I think I keep saying that, don't I?)
@FourWalls (13796)
When I say "hit," it's comparatively speaking. It made the US top 30, but that's not even considered a "hit" anymore here.
No surprise obviously but still a rousing thumbs up. It would have been the firing squad had you not chosen it.
I totally remember the "Love for Sale" video. Free product placement!