Which is better?

@JustBhem (42846)
Davao, Philippines
To teach your kids what you want them to be in the future? Or have them choose what they want for their future? So, I was the one who attended my nephew's Career day at Four Square church today and I was amazed on how parents dressed up their kids. And this makes me think that, is this what their kids really want? Or is this what their parents want for their kids? Then Teacher answered my thoughts. Kids should need guidance in every stage of their lives. If this is what they want at the moment, let them be but don't neglect their ideas in the future. Because we never can tell their passion when they come of age. As parents, we need to guide them, taking care of them and stay with them. For now, let them be kids and teach them a good deed. The photo is mine and in the photo is my nephew Basty and his partner.
It is correct that parents need to guy, but they should NEVER impose their ideas and fight what their kids want to do of their life.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I agree with you. As guardians and parents, we need to guide them which path leads them. Because the more we impose or manipulate their lives, the more they will become a rebel.
@JustBhem You are right and trying to impose our ideas we can ruin a brilliant carrier.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
@LadyDuck Indeed.
@YrNemo (14703)
Interesting those outfits as soldier & nurse uniform for kids.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
Yeah, aren't they cute? Lol
@YrNemo (14703)
@JustBhem The bright futures are ahead of them.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
@YrNemo Ahaha, I hope so. Thanks.
@magallon (18122)
the role of the parents is to give advice and guidance to their children and not to dictate them. It is better to let them decide and make their own choices.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I am with you Christy @magallon ..
@magallon (18122)
Basty looks great in his soldier outfit. At this age kids are bound to choose some attractive or perhaps wayout outfit. It doesn't mean they will still want this career in a few years' time.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
Of course, because they don't have an idea of what it is. For sure, if they age and well learned, they will change his mind.
Career choices change as kids get older and I think they should be allowed to make their own career choices.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I am with you about that. Today, they will like this and that and when they age, for sure they will choose what they like to do or their passion, right?
@JustBhem Absolutely. I wanted to be a nurse all the way through school. I did become an aid but that didn't become my career.
• Guangdong, China
they are very lovely.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks. They are cute. Lol
@sabtraversa (13331)
How cute! I used to change my ideal job like the moon changes its phases. I think I would suggest some careers to my children, depending on what they like and their skills. The last decision is up to them, of course.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
That is right! All we need is to be there for them to guide and support them.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
When they are young they need guidance then when they have grown up they choose for them selves what they think is right for them.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, they choose what they know is right for them.
@cttolledo (5054)
I agree in the second one, let them choose what they want to be in the future. This is my observation when I was teaching before that, kids with pressure from parents to be on top or to have a good grades and deprived from doing what they want are those stubborn kids in the class, while those kids who are in average level , are those good follower and happy kids.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I observe that as well. I find most kids happy and very much understanding are those kids who are free.
@dodoazo (21285)
There are parents who are like that but others are not. The only thing I know which the parents should do is to teach their children on the way they should go and when they grow they won't depart from it. I think this is more on character building.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I agree with you. We need to know what is their passion, right? If one of our kids want to help people, then we know exactly what they want in the future.
@ilocosboy (37153)
I have 5 kids and I just asked what they want to be. Yeah I guess I'm just here to guide them.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
And do you think it's the right thing to do?
@ilocosboy (37153)
As far as myself is concern, that is the right thing to do
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
@ilocosboy And I like it, I mean you are a good and a kind Father to your kids.
@ridingbet (59370)
kids should have their own ambitions in life and we their parents should guide and assist them, not let them take the career we want them to have.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, did you read some of the comment here, my friend? And check it. You know what I mean.
@jobelbojel (8136)
Guidance is very important for kids' mental, personal development. I kudos the teacher for explaining that.
• Pamplona, Spain
Kiddies have to be what they feel they need to be. Its true that they can change their minds many times but they will always be what they want in the end.
@prashu228 (25504)
Yes of course the teacher is right..we should guide children..but don't force them to do what we want
In our family, we do encourage to let our little niece to decide what she wants. But then, we still need to guide her.
@m_audrey6788 (15094)