Any plans for November?

@thelme55 (11806)
Germany
Happy All Souls and All Saints Days to all! Well, here in Germany, we don't celebrate much like we do in the Philippines where the cemetery is getting louder and louder as the people are not only doing their prayers at the grave yard but also having a picnic at the mausoleum. Crazy, isn't it? Last night we went to a small get together Halloween party of my friends. Most of us were doing some ghost like make ups. Then we went with the kids going house to house with their treat and trick. It was the first time I have done that and it was fun. The end result of that celebration was I gain my weight because of those yummy Pinoy food and my cheek was aching from laughing the whole night. I don't have any plans yet for this month. I just do what I always do every month. What about you? Have you started shopping for the Christmas? The photo above was the dinner table of my friend with the chocolate brownies that I made from the recipe of my blogging friend Carol.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is so cool it was your first time trick-or-treating and you got to do it with others! I have a lot of crocheting and drawing to do this month. I just need to get the actual equipment to be able to do that.
@thelme55 (11806)
Yea, it was so cool @DesirousDreamer. So drawing and crocheting are your hobbies. They are good hobbies. I used to crochet in the 80s and it was fun.
• Peoria, Arizona
@thelme55 Drawing is part of my career. I am a script writer. so I am currently making my own graphic novel so I am drawing it all as well haha
@thelme55 (11806)
@DesirousDreamer Wow! That is an awesome career.
The brownies look good. Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Halloween. I don't have many plans for November yet. My grandson's 3rd birthday party is this weekend and my son has a birthday on the 29th. I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet but hope to start it soon.
@thelme55 (11806)
Yes, it was @Happy2BeMe. It was delicious, too. How was the birthday of your grandson?
@thelme55 it was a lot of fun. He really enjoyed it.
@antonbunot (9498)
• Calgary, Alberta
I have no plan for November. I have a lots of plans on this coming December though. However, if the month of December will be cold and snowy, I will only go ahead on one plan - - STAY HOME!
@thelme55 (11806)
Staying at home is a good plan @antonbunot. I love staying at home especially during winter.
• Calgary, Alberta
@thelme55 O, yeah . . . it snowed heavily yesterday . . I stayed home all day because it was my day off from work. Today is also my day off but I had to go out to buy groceries.
Sounds crazy to me. I am not into that.
@thelme55 (11806)
Yes, I thought crazy about it too @sharon6345 but it was fun.
@thelme55 That is good I like that.
@louievill (16346)
Need to get the house fixed and cleaned for December, there's so much to do.
@thelme55 (11806)
Yes, me too @louievill. I have to clean the glass windows again before decorating them for Christmas.
Around mid - November I'll be seriously thinking of Christmas. Glad that you enjoyed your first trick-or-treat outing.
I have started some Christmas shopping. Those brownies look delicious!!!
First time Trick or treating? . I do the same thing every month, but then extra stuff depending on the month it is. Like this month, I'll be making sure we have all we need for Thanksgiving, and helping make the dinner, then later that night we always put the Christmas tree up and listen to Christmas music. We Christmas shop year round, we don't wait til the end of the year.
People here bring flowers at the cemetery, but it's a very private celebration. We had a nice Halloween dinner at home and nothing planned for November. No gifts this Christmas, we are all adults and we need nothing.
@thelme55 (11806)
We also only bring flowers and candles to the graves. It is a quiet and private celebration here in Germany. That sounds good and you will have no stress for Christmas @LadyDuck
@thelme55 This is what we all decided, because we were all stressed not knowing what to buy and we finally bought expensive gifts that most of the time were not useful.
@thelme55 (11806)
@LadyDuck that is a good decision. My hubby and son always ask me what I want to have for Christmas and so they know and there would be no stress. I only want a spa treatment and that is fine.
@jobelbojel (5052)
Only in the Philippines. Good thing that Manila cemeteries and nearby towns prohibited such activities. I am planning to start shopping in Divisoria
@KristenH (20406)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No Christmas shopping list. But I'm working on ideas to give my brother, since he usually does his Christmas shopping during Black Friday sales. My Thanksgiving plans are up in the air. My cousin can't make it this year, since she doesn't know her work schedule. But she might come by for a fall visit between now and New Year's.
@YrNemo (8510)
Seeing that tray of chocolate brownies, I suddenly have a craving for it.
@thelme55 (11806)
Lol. I can relate. I am craving for that now @YrNemo
@YrNemo (8510)
@kepweng (6341)
nice photo is the pumpkin and hat is a Cake too??
@thelme55 (11806)
Thank you @kepweng. Yes, that is the pumpkin decoration and those are brownies in the pan, not a cake.
No Christmas for me, but I have lots of lunch and dinner plans with friends and family. Looking forward to our Thanksgiving at my house this year.
@thelme55 (11806)
That is still a good celebration @DianneN. You will be having no stress for Christmas.
@JustBhem (22430)
• Davao, Philippines
Yay. Those brownies look so delish.
@ridingbet (37924)
i think it is no longer allowed to play loud music in the cemeteries now, or even picnicking there. i believe we should maintain the sacredness of the place.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Not much planned except for Thanksgiving, and from time to time reflecting back on what I am Thankful for.
@cahaya1983 (9505)
I don't have anything special planned yet, but hopefully can go for a short family vacation at the end of the month.
I'm glad you had fun trick or treating with the kids. I was surprised about your tradition at the cemetery the first time I read it. Nobody does that here. My only plan for this month is to do the writing challenge for National Novel Writer's Month or NaNoWriMo. I've already started and put my first day's word count on the official site.
Happy all saints day and, looking forward to Thanksgiving and, Christmas shopping.