World stopped...as WhatsApp stopped..

@sjvg1976 (18405)
Delhi, India
Whatsapp is the site which is used the most, worldwide. People are also addicted to it. Here in my office it is used officially also as we are able to make our doubts and points more clearly by sending pics through it. Imagine what Will happen if it suddenly stops working. It happened on Friday in afternoon when it stopped working for half an hour. People were trying to send messages but it were not reaching to its destination. I did not notice it. Did you notice? m.indiatoday.in/technology/story/whatsapp-goes-down-no-clarity-for-now-on-what-has-gone-wrong/1/1081566.html
@ilocosboy (37487)
If whatsapp stopped surely we are not affected but if facebook and messenger stopped surely we will be affected.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
For me it might have affected if facebook and messenger have stopped working as I don't use them much.
@hereandthere (32791)
i agree with ilocosboy. here it would probably be fb, as well as telecoms providing text, call, internet service.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Here I have not seen people using FB and massager being used more than WhatsApp.
@sjvg1976 i see that toni has also mentioned viber. that's something that people here use, too.
@responsiveme (16814)
Apart from the flood of messages info use, important messages are also conveyed. In fact our principal has stopped sending out individual notices and just puts up in staff group which is mandatory to join
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Same here in our office where we have made a group in which all important informations are shared.
@sjvg1976 so we can't say we didn't get the news anymore
i noticed with my nieces and nephew that school announcements are made through group text or fb
I have WhatsApp on my phone but I wasn't aware it stopped. It's because I'm not using it as often I use viber and iMessage.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Yes I also didn't come to know it as I was particularly not using it at that specific time.
I have no need to use whatsapp, but it is interesting to know that so many use it.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Why so?
@sjvg1976 I am not even on Facebook. Not a fan of some social media.
@tom_view (4179)
• Kolkata, India
yes.whatsapp stopped for sometime.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
You came it know it that time or came it know it through the news?
It already happened a few times this year that it stops working. Surely hacker attacks.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Hmm..I didn't notice it before but only this time I noticed it.
@Teekaaa (5851)
It's really tough without what's app
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Yes it's tough without it these days when we share lots of information through WhatsApp only.
@Jackalyn (6876)
• Oxford, England
I think that is the first firm I heard with that practice.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
Yes this is the first time I too heard of this.
I use whatsapp quite a lot, but I won't be too bothered if it stops. I will email instead.
Here the most popular app may be Wechat So actually different apps have their own popularity for different countries.
• Pamplona, Spain
No not really because I donĀ“t use it as I have no need for it at the moment. But if you use it like you do then it is a must. Did not know that it was down for half an hour as my two Sons are on there all the time also.