Movie Talk- upcoming Novel based movie "Murder on the Orient Express"

@ptrikha_2 (7872)
Last week when I went to the Hall to see a movie, I was in for a surprise. I saw the posters of an upcoming Hollywood Movie, with Johnny Depp, Judi Dench and some other stars. This movie is named "Murder on the Orient Express". Now, this made me excited due to a couple of reasons: A)I just recently bought Agatha Christie written "Murder on the Orient Express" in which the legendary detective Poirot is the investigator. And now this movie will soon come. I will try to see it in the Hall. I also started reading the novel just yesterday. B)I did saw some glimpses of another movie with the same name. And Poirot seems to have some peculiar traits- may be some funny, and some otherwise. Many of you might be more familiar with Agatha Christie and Poirot but this upcoming movie and the fact that for me both novel and movie will coincide in a way is pretty exciting. What do you say?
• Riga, Latvia
That is interesting. I saw a movie version of Murder on the Orient Express which was kind of boring. I think that Johnny Depp will make a much more exciting movie.
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@RasmaSandra let us see how the new movie goes!
You didn't like the version with Albert Finney, Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergman and all star cast vastly superior to this remake?
• Riga, Latvia
@JohnRoberts you know I don't actually remember which version I saw but I do know it was boring. So thank you for telling me about a version with this cast and I will look it up.
I read that Agatha Christie book but I haven't seen the movie.
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@Kandae11 I am interested to know how this movie will be. @TheInvisibleMan I think the movie too is good.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
This is the second film that is being made based on the same book ...The earlier one too was really good .
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@kiran8 so would you be interested in watching the new movie?
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@kiran8 Oh that is awesome! Did you send any entry to this year's Write India Contest on Times of India?
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@kiran8 I have sent 4 entries so far. Though I have not got in the winners list in two declared results so far, I will keep on sending as that provides a good platform for writing.
I think I saw an older version of that move. I do know that Johnny Depp appeared drunk at the London premiere of his newest film the Murder On The Orient Express and security had to handle him. Not a fan of Depp at all so will not watch his work. I think he appears drunk on most talk shows and probably needs some help.
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@Corbin5 oh that's quite a news!
The book is very good.
@nomus24g (22095)
I remember reading this thriller...
I read the book and saw the film (with other actors, of course) many moons ago. It's one of the classics.
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
So @MALUSE will you be keen to watch this newer version?
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@MALUSE Yeah "Lady M" is fantastic!
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@MALUSE So did you watch it?
@gautaam (122)
• Mumbai, India
Its been long time, i have not seen a hollywood movie.
@ptrikha_2 (7872)
@gautaam perhaps this could be your "comeback" movie to watch!
• Preston, England
the trailer puts me off wanting to see it - the book is great as is the film version from the 1970's which has a wonderful score too
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose Liszt31 Loading... Unsubscribe from Liszt
I have no interest in this remake. I saw the superb versions with Albert Finney and David Suchet.