It Was Angry And Mean!

Stormy sky taken by me
@bluesa (12836)
Johannesburg, South Africa
After the impromptu cocktails of Saturday, we did end up paying for that very hot sunny Saturday, the beautiful blue sky in the photos of my previous discussion, turned very angry and we got hit by an electrical storm! My sis and I were sitting chatting in the sitting room when there was this loud crack!  It was lightning that hit the ground! I took photos of the sky that afternoon that I am sharing with you now.  That sky was angry and mean! When last have you seen such an angry and mean sky? I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a not too tough Monday. Good luck for the rest of this week ahead. Photos are mine.
The sky surely looks mean, we had this kind of sky last August, in winter it can be grey but not so dark and menacing.
@bluesa Last summer lightning has cut a tree in two not far from home. It was a terrible noise.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck that is scary! Here it burned zig zag marks on the bricks of our neighbours garden wall. Lightning is so very dangerous!
@bluesa When I was a teenager, we were spending summer in my grandmother house, a lightning came down throw the fireplace and went out from a little door at was left open. He ended on the tree in front of the door burning it. We all got a serious scare.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Oh my! I hope you`re ok by now
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, the storm was violent but everything settled after
@bluesa That`s good to know How`s your day now?
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@m_audrey6788 it is very hot here today and the clouds are building again, but I think the wind might keep a storm away. How is your day?
@responsiveme (14461)
the monsoons are behind us and am looking forward to clear starry nights. Have a wonderful week too.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Clear starry nights are wonderful, enjoy them. Thank you, it was a busy week. I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend. :)
@bluesa looking forward to the weekend, thanks
a few nights ago but I would not open my blinds.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
We also closed everything up once I took the photo.
@bluesa That was very safe thinking.
@kepweng (6444)
i think its all about Mood you experinced some bad things in that day so your angry?
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
No, I had a good day, the heat was the problem, it caused those clouds to build!
@moffittjc (35771)
• Gainesville, Florida
During the summer we pretty much experience storms like that on a daily basis here in Florida. It is our rainy season, and the hot temperatures interacting with both east and west coast sea breezes makes for some very strong storms. Florida is the lightning capital of the USA.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, we also only get storms in summer, because it is also our rainy season, we tend to have dry winters. Very awesome that Florida is the lightning capital of the USA!
@moffittjc (35771)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa So it sounds like you have a similar climate to ours, only opposite of ours! We are currently in late Fall, headed toward Winter, so it is cooling off slightly here. Are you in Spring heading into Summer?
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc you have it in a nutshell! Yep, we're heading into Summer soon but dropped from 36C to 17C today. The weather is loopy!
What a mean looking sky! The worst I've seen are in Florida when rain laden black clouds move in and blacken my view. They are usually filled with horrendous rain and thunder and lightning. I love them! lol
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol! I also love a mean storm! As long as the power stays on during it! Those are some beauties building in your photo!
@bluesa Thanks! Of course, being cozy and safe with power is the best! Is Miss Daisy afraid of thunderstorms? Poor Doodles is.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN Yes, Daisy hides under my bed. Sorry Doodles is also afraid
@dgobucks226 (6879)
Our sky has been pretty sad of late. A lot of weeping, big cry baby Nice pictures Catherine and yes, angry is your sky...
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry your sky is being a cry baby . Thank you . Yes that sky had us hopping a few times .
@bluesa Glad no harm came to your condo.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel (11908)
Oh dear, that does look scary. I like storms but not big ones. Hope you are doing well
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It was quite vicious, but thankfully all was okay
@FayeHazel (11908)
@bluesa Oh good, happy to hear you were safe in the storm
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet (38163)
oh, so you have the picture of our sky too. hahaha! yes, that is what our skies here look like.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Our skies were being twins then, lol!
@ridingbet (38163)
@bluesa indeed, so is our moon here, i think our moon has a twin in your skies. when we were so young, we would wonder why i in particular, can see the moon in one side and my friend can see the same moon in another area. we said to each other that we both have our moons.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet true. But sometimes it is still moonlight by me when it is sunshine by you.
Have not had an angry or mean sky in a while, well, not too angry;), but...this probably means we may be due;/.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi there, you! Dude! This just pitched that afternoon and luckily our power held up through It! I hope your sky won't get too mean any time soon.
@bluesa dude, you said "dude", ;P
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@HebrewGreekStudies it's because you surprised me, Dude!
@YrNemo (8765)
If my memory serves me right, it was about a month ago or so... Glad to have temporary good weather right now .
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
From what you say, you do get extremes in weather, So I hope you're still experiencing good weather
@YrNemo (8765)
@ilocosboy (33306)
In my country, the sky is angry and mean from the start of July and may end up in the month of October.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
For us it is from September till about January or February that we get thunder and electrical storms.
@ilocosboy (33306)
November now is quiet for us from thunder and lightning, only by July next year again.
• Portland, Connecticut
That sky really does look mean. I saw a very mean sky here yesterday, also stormy.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It was being so mean! Sorry your sky was being mean too.
That really is one angry sky. We just have angry skies in summer, and we only had one that I can remember this past summer.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, we also only have angry skies in summer, so I will still have a few of these to hope the power stays on to go through. I hope you enjoy calm skies.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear..such weather you are experiencing there
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, OT, so good to see you. Yes, it was in a violent mood and it let us know. I hope all is okay with you.
That does look like a nasty stormy sky!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, @shaggin , it certainly behaved that way!