What to Do

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Normally I don't have any plans to take me away from my computer and writing. However, the forces that be decided to load my tray with lots to do today. Now, I could ignore everything and just remain seated here, but that wouldn't be a good idea. First up is the L.I.F.T. brunch at 10. Ladies In Fellowship Together - a group from church. They meet on the second Saturday of the month. Next month I'm hosting the brunch. Next is an Author Fair at a library close to here. As of right now, I have no plans to attend it. Though I could, and could sell some of my books I have in the trunk of my car. Then immediately after the Author Fair is a fundraiser at church for a couple who will be leaving in January for England and will serve as missionaries there for three years. As of right now, I am not planning on that one either. Should I decide to go to all three, I would definitely need to get gas. The first is way out past where I go to church, the second is in the far opposite direction, and then the last, church, is back in the direction as the brunch, just not quite so far. Which means I would be putting a lot of miles on my car today, and I would be gone until tonight. With that in mind, I'm going to the brunch, save my car a lot of miles, though I will still need to get gas. Come home at a decent time, and get more writing done and interact with you. That's the plan, and since it is, I better get off the computer as I also need to pick something up for the brunch. I shall return. I just don't know what time. I hope you have a good day. Thanks for reading. Today is also Veteran's Day. I want to thank everyone who had the privilege to serve our country to the best of their capability and help keep this country free by fighting for our freedom and upholding the laws of our great country. God bless America! Picture is me.
I love this photo..bless you Valerie..I pray that all your needs will be covered Amen
Thank you. I only did the brunch. We got snow this morning and that pretty much decided whether I was going to the other two events.
@FourWalls (15271)
Ooh, look, another squid! Vietnam service ribbon, too! My brother went in in ‘71, and thankfully by the time he was done with A schools the Vietnam War was over. So my mom breathed a sigh of relief, and then during brother’s first cruise to the Med the Yom Kippur war broke out. My brother said the Batmobile never made a U-turn as fast as that aircraft carrier did. But that kid sister/big brother hero worship is the reason I joined the Navy, too. Salute, Sailor.
It's been a long time since I was called a Squid. And thank you for your service too. Salute.
This is a beautiful photo Valerie. Going to the Author Fair could be a good thing so you could sell some of your books.
It would, but the snow decided the matter for me, so I came home after the brunch. Thank you.
@just4him Driving in the snow is dangerous, you did the right thing coming home.
@LadyDuck I know I did. There were still icy roads this morning on the way to church, though starting to melt by the time church was out.
Enjoy your brunch. I hope there are things there that you can eat.
There were. Fruit mostly, the tray I brought, and someone brought a large container of seedless green and dark grapes. Another person also made deviled eggs. When she told me how she made them, I could have them - organic mayo, organic bacon. I was good to go, so a little bit more than just fruit.
@just4him I love deviled eggs
@NJChicaa So do I and I'm considering making them with guacamole.
Whatever you chose to do in the end, enjoy it to the max.
Only brunch. The snow settled the issue. Brunch was very good, about 16 ladies all sharing and enjoying the morning, with a short devotional study. Perfect for a snowy morning.
@just4him Sounds like you did the best for that day.
@marlina Yes, it was the best option.
Watching the Veterans Day Ceremony now. Love that photo!!!
Thank you. Will you be seeing your dad today?
@just4him We will see Dad tomorrow. He was a bit cranky this week, so hope Sunday he is less cranky.
@Corbin5 I agree, best wait until tomorrow.
@sueznewz2 (10162)
• Alicante, Spain
nice photo ...I hope you had a good time at the authors fair and hope you manage to sell a few of your books too
With snow and slippery roads, I didn't go to the Author Fair. Thank you, though.
I love your portrait. Thanks for your service Valerie
Thank you. You're welcome.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
I like my daily routine but sometimes it's also good to do something different and meet people outside. I hope you enjoyed all of those events.
I only went to the brunch as the roads were slippery in spots.
What a lovely photo of you! Thank you for serving!
Thank you. You're welcome.
I've read that you enjoyed the brunch very much as that's good.
Thank you, yes. It was very good.
@Elizaby (3987)
• Pensacola, Florida
Thanks for serving in the service of protecting our country
You're welcome.
I agree with your plan - but you may have missed out on getting some of your books sold. Anyway enjoy the brunch and see you later.
It was a good plan. The roads were slick in spots with the snow we got this morning. Yes, I know I'll miss selling some books, but that's okay. I'm sure I'll eventually sell them.
with all that I would want to roll up in bed for 20 minutes more.
I did sleep in. I think I got up at 5:30.
I hope to stay home today.
Good choice.
You were very busy that day Valerie. Hope you enjoyed your day whatever you decided to do. Love the picture of you.
Thanks. Yes, I only went to the one event - the ladies brunch. It snowed and the roads were slippery, so didn't do anything else.
@just4him I hope you were close to home that you did not have to drive on the slippery roads long Valerie.
@Hannihar About a half hour. They were worse going than coming home.
@kobesbuddy (55599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a beautiful photo, Valerie! Thankyou, for serving your country in the Navy. So, we can all enjoy our freedom and remain safe. Have a lovely day!
Thank you. It was my privilege to do so.
@kobesbuddy (55599)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him And, you are still serving your country, the one that's eternal!
@kobesbuddy Yes, I am, and yes, it is.