Taco Bell

Daytona Beach, Florida
Taco Bell was founded in 1962 and today has 7,000 locations. This particular fast food chain is well-known for its innovative ideas. It has introduced people to such foods as fried chicken for taco shells, Mexican pizza, the biscuit taco and Doritos Locos Taco. Taco Bell was founded by Glen Bell who became a business man when he opened a hot dog stand called Bell’s Drive-In in San Bernardino, California in 1946 when he was just 23 years old. You know he was a great success when he opened his first Taco Bell in 1962 in Downey, California. Today the headquarters are in Irvine, California. What is interesting is that the oldest Taco Bell and the oldest McDonald’s are located in the same place Downey, California. When it came to his tacos Bell popularized the hard shell taco. Their Doritos Locos Tacos added 15,000 new jobs so since I am hoping to make my way back to the states perhaps I should just fly on over and head for a Taco Bell and get a job. Glen Bell sold 868 Taco Bell restaurants and became a PepsiCo shareholder. Yum! Brands came out of PepsiCo and became an independent company. Now besides Taco Bell this company also has KFC and Pizza Hut under the Yum! brand. Founder Glen Bell passed away in 2010 at the age of 86. He left plenty of heirs behind – his wife, four sons, one daughter, four grandchildren and three sisters. That adorable Taco Bell Chihuahua was a female dog named Gidget of all things. How many of you have eaten at Taco Bell?
Brought to you by www.VideoArcheology.com Do you have a favorite memory pertaining to this video artifact? Please share your comments with us. Can you recogn...
Taco Bell is my favorite fast food.
I have eaten at Taco Bell. Did not know that the Taco Bell was a female who was named Gidget.
Isn't that a silly name for a dog @Corbin5
@RasmaSandra It is a rather silly name for a dog. I have never met a dog name Gidget.
@Corbin5 I sued to have a neighbor who had a very old poodle named Gidget. She was old when i was young as the neighbor had her since her high school day. I think she put her to sleep at 17 years old as she was blind and got lost and we were all over the neighborhood with her and her family looking for her. She said it was not fair to her to keep her alive. and taking a chance if getting lost again. She adored that do so it was not a quick decision
I don't think they've made it to Europe yet. I've never seen one.
I believe they are planning to expand to Europe @MALUSE
@RasmaSandra With so many Italians living in Germany and making real pizza I don't think - and hope - that Mexican pizza will get far.
That is a lot of restaurants.
As far as I'm aware we don't have Taco Bell in Australia. I don't have them often but I enjoy them when I do.
Info for you @JudyEv
Personalise your weather Go × -g-icon-error Invalid postcode. Sorry we couldn't find a match for that, please try again cloudy-day °C °–°C ° ° ° ° ° ° Change my location 0A0871E9-1636-49F4-9041-2E36E2BB5333 burgerIcon Menu Digital Print Edition premium_ico
We eat at Taco Bell every so often. In fact, that was my girlfriend and my first date.
@noni1959 (3161)
Years ago they had a Bell Beefer I really liked. I wish they would bring them back. I eat there maybe once every month or so and mostly a chicken burrito or taco.
Thank you for sharing all that information with me. When I grew up in Minneapolis I used to go to a lot of the fast food restaurants and Taco Bell was one of them. We have a Mexican restaurant here that i finally visited in August 2017. It was very delicious that I would like to go back there next summer again.
i remember getting these chihuahuas when they were sold in the store as little-stuffed animals. I had two chihuahuas in the past (different times, of course, as the girl one was a mean little gal and would have abused the boy one like she abused all of us humans who came near her. Still loved them both dearly!
@FayeHazel (18007)
Made me hungry, I love taco bell
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
I love Taco Bell @RasmaSandra . Believe it or not in this little town of 3,000 we have one. I always did like the dog in the commercial and I thought it was stupid to stop it because the Mexican community thought it was racist. Seriously?
I eat at Taco Bell once a month as a treat.