Meeces

@BarBaraPrz (17594)
St. Catharines, Ontario
I hates them to pieces! They eats up my popcorn, even the packaging and makes a mess. Poopies all over, too.
• Denmark
What? Please translate the title into English.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It relates to cartoons starring two mice children, Pixie and Dixie, and Mr. Jinks the Cat. Mr Jinks is an orange tuxedo cat who is always outfoxed by the mice, causing him to utter his trademark line "I hates those meeces to pieces!"
• Denmark
@BarBaraPrz Thank you.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@MALUSE You're welcome.
Wear new gloves and soak oil of peppermint on cotton balls. toss them where you see droppings.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Thanks for that hint. I got those electronic pest control things on Saturday... so far I haven't seen the guy scooting about. I hope he's got the message that he's not welcome.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@BarBaraPrz The electronic things don't seem to bother him. He was in the cupboard again last night, bigger than ever. He's chewed a hole in the back for entry.
I set traps and got one each day for three days. I rebaited it and haven’t had any. I looked closer today and realized the mice ate the peanuts butter without tripping the spring. Darned things!
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, they're sneaky little devils.
We don't have those where we are. But last week, we had a small beetle infestion under the dog bowls. Had to call the pest control company.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
No rodents at all? Lucky you. When I was a teenager some got into the big bag of dog food stored in what was once the "summer kitchen"... they almost got to be the size of squirrels!
@Platespinner (18584)
We have 4 felines one of which does a VERY good job of keeping the local rodent population under control.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You're lucky then.
LOL now that reminds of rat I almost caught today..Darn it
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
What method did you use?
Oh yes. In our last house, we had a park that was huge behind the house. Those meeces came to our house. I had pretzels in my car in the garage, a new bag it was, and those meeces went into my car through the window, opened the bag, and ate every single pretzel. It was a big bag!!! Glad I no longer have that car because I forgot to check for poopies.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Oh, yeah, it'd be full of poopies...
You need a cat...or a snake
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yeah... but I'm not ready to get another cat again. And no, I won't even contemplate getting a snake.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Buy a glass jar. That should stop any critter.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Huh?
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BarBaraPrz Buy a glass jar to put that popcorn in. Critters can't chew through glass.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@sallypup I see. But this was a big box of microwave popcorn (unpopped) that I got from Costco. They got through several of the pouches and dragged some of the contents up into the drawers of the cabinet.
Ouch...