Preoccupied

@Ithink (10673)
I havent been doing a lot here lately. I get on and do a little, I just have been preoccupied. Hence the title of this discussion. Got our list finalized for Thanksgiving dinner and been checking the ads to see what costs what where. So much work! However finally done with that. Think I have it set to the times that I will make the pie, pumpkin rolls, and cookies, then make the Macaroni Salad. Hubby will do the Turkey and Ham early Sat morning. As that is when we are doing it as some of the family has to work Thanksgiving. While they are in the oven we will work on side dishes. Hmmm someone tell me why I do this again!? LOL! So are you all planned out?
Sounds like you got it all figured out.
@Ithink (10673)
Now if it goes as planned! lol
@Ithink lol yes that is always a concern! Either way I am sure everybody will enjoy it just the same.
@Ithink (10673)
@Happy2BeMe With all the work they better!
@zarlamain (24527)
You are not alone. I've been preoccupied with all kinds of things, too. Enjoy your feast!
@Ithink (10673)
Thanks and hope you can figure out your stuff too!
@zarlamain (24527)
@Ithink Your welcome!
I don't dare to think about putting that work in. I am going to sit back and wait on a plate from someone.
@Ithink (10673)
I have never waited to be served.. However we do the cooking together more or less and then enjoy it all together. I love spending time with the family like this.
@kobesbuddy (43545)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Not yet, we need to think about our meal, where it will be this year.
@Ithink (10673)
We are only have a small part of the family over as we don't have the room. Need a huge room for all of us.
@kobesbuddy (43545)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Ithink We are maybe staying at home this year.
@Ithink (10673)
@kobesbuddy That is us, of course a few kids and grandkids will be over but we are doing ours on Saturday too.
@peachpurple (12853)
no thanksgiving dinner, just the usual veggies and chicken with brown rice, wish you all the best for the dinner
@Ithink (10673)
Thank you, I know I will enjoy spending time with the family which is the bonus of all the work.
@peachpurple (12853)
@Ithink nice to be at home with family
@Ithink (10673)
@peachpurple Yes it is.
@cahaya1983 (10055)
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving but it's nice to read the members here posting about different ways they're preparing for the dinner.
@Ithink (10673)
Do you have other holidays that lots of foods are made?
@cahaya1983 (10055)
@Ithink Yes and we usually make special foods for those holidays that we don't usually make on normal days.
@Ithink (10673)
@cahaya1983 That is what we do, well some I make all the time but my son-in-law wants certain foods now too. lol
@JESSY3236 (6250)
Our family gets together at my great-aunt's house. Some of the family does bring food, but mostly my great-aunt will have food there.
@Ithink (10673)
So kinda like here.
I will just do it, if I stay at home which as it looks right now I am.
@Ithink (10673)
Yeah we are only having a few other family members over as we don't have the room for them all.
@Srbageldog (8350)
I get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice this year. On Thanksgiving day we're going to my partner's family's (I still need to find out what they want me to bring -- usually dessert.) Then on the Saturday after I am celebrating with my family.