Greetings from The Netherlands

@thelme55 (11860)
Germany
Well, I was planning to send this greeting last weekend when I was in The Netherlands visiting my relatives and had a night over there but I didn't have the chance to do it. We had 2 birthdays in the family, my niece and her 4 years old son this month and the party was joined together as planned. I am the only one living in Germany while some of my relatives are living in Holland aka The Netherlands. The party was fun and I have eaten a lot of Filipino food that I have missed. Of course it was a bit loud because there were more than 5 small children there. 4 of them ( 2 to 4 years old) were the small children of my nieces who seldom see me. The first day they cried when I tried to carry them but yesterday, I was already accepted by them. I was happy to cuddle them. They were so cute. Last night, we drove home to Germany. How was your weekend, by the way. Were you in another Country or out of your town? The photo is the cake I baked for the birthday party. A chocolate moist cake wished by my relatives. Thanks for reading.
That cake looks so special, l must say you are very good at your craft. My weekend was a very rainy one, and it is still raining.
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you very much @Kandae11. The cake was indeed special for my niece who has her birthday today but the celebration was last Friday. A joined celebration with her 4 years old sons birthday.
@topffer (30615)
• France
What a nice cake! I stayed at home this weekend, but I am also invited to a birthday party next weekend.
@thelme55 (11860)
I am sure you have relaxed well last weekend. Will you go to the birthday party next weekend @topffer?
@Teep11 (6529)
Relatives living far away could be a rough experience for some. It sounds as if there's a lot of adjusting took place there. Hopefully the relatives will come visit and there will be a lot of happiness fulfilled.
@thelme55 (11860)
It was not really far away as we only drove for 2 hours by car @Teep11. Not so much adjusting also as we are Filipino families who love family bonding @Teep11
That was a nice time they had. Also a pretty cake too.
@thelme55 (11860)
@sharon6345 yes, it was. Thank you.
The cake looks SOOO nice. I've decided to make a cake today. I've made a couple of desserts using Splenda as Vince has Type 2 diabetes and they've worked out fine so today I'll make a cake.
@thelme55 (11860)
That sounds a yummy cake for you to make. What is Splenda? Thanks @JudyEv
@thelme55 Spenda is a sugar substitute but looks just like sugar with the same texture. And my cakes didn't turn out very well so I made an apple cake for dessert instead.
@thelme55 (11860)
@JudyEv I see. Thanks for the heads up.
that cake looks lovely there.One of my favorites.Good job.
@thelme55 (11860)
@amadeo thank you very much. Have a nice week.
So glad you eventually got the chance to cuddle the little ones. You did a marvelous job on that cake!!
@thelme55 (11860)
Yes, I was so happy about that. Thanks @Corbin5. That cake was easily consumed.
That cake has a professional look. What are you waiting for? (lol) Did you see Tulips there?
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you very much @allknowing. It seems my baking is getting better every year . There are no longer tulips at this time of the year in the Netherlands. Last year in April, I was in Keukenhof garden park and there were thousands of tulips in that park. Awesome.
@thelme55 When I was on that package Europe tour I so wanted to see those tulip fields in Amsterdam but we missed the season just by 15 days.
@thelme55 (11860)
@allknowing I see. Maybe next time you see the tulips.
This is a beautiful cake Thelma. I have been to Italy yesterday, but it was not a pleasure trip.
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you @LadyDuck. I know. I have read your post about your mother. I hope she is not in pain.
@thelme55 She is not in pain, today I go back to Italy to check how she is.
@thelme55 (11860)
@LadyDuck I am glad about that.
Ok, I'm hungry now.
@thelme55 (11860)
Sorry about that but I can relate @TheInvisibleMan
@thelme55 The photo.
@sol_cee (13603)
• Japan
The Netherlands! Wow.
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you @sol_see. It is just a neighbouring country where my relatives live. We are not far from the boarder.
@kepweng (6388)
Glad you enjoyed the Food tripping
@thelme55 (11860)
Yes, I enjoyed it very much @kepweng. Thanks.
@cahaya1983 (9651)
The cake looks delicious! Glad everyone had a great time at the party. I had a relaxing weekend at home but will be going out of town this wekeend.
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you @cahaya1983. Relaxing at home is good. Enjoy your planned weekend.
What a beautiful cake! I love the tulips. The newlyweds returned on Sunday. They literally traveled around the world going and returning.
@thelme55 (11860)
Wow! Are they already back? Time flies so fast. I am sure they have a lot to share with you about their travel.
It sounds like it was a good weekend for you. We stayed home and I babysat this past weekend. =)
@thelme55 (11860)
@LovingMyBabies, yes it was a good weekend for me to meet my relatives again.
@LoriAMoore (10003)
I was in Amsterdam in August, my first time in The Netherlands.
@thelme55 (11860)
Really @LoriAMoore? Amsterdam is an interesting city to visit. I have been there often times when I visited my sister. It is only 2 hours drive from where I live in Germany. Have you visited the Night Watch painting of Rembrandt in the museum?
@averygirl72 (14059)
Nice to know you had a great time. The cake is beautiful
@thelme55 (11860)
@averygirl72 Thank you.
@peachpurple (10725)
Oh how I missed your recipe !!!
@thelme55 (11860)
@peachpurple you can visit my thellys cucina international recipes online and maybe you can try them. Thanks for dropping by.
You do awesome work on those cakes! No I stayed home.
@thelme55 (11860)
Thank you very much @andriaperry. Staying home is also nice and relaxing if you donĀ“t do household chores.
Sounds like you had a nice time. I love little kids! You did a fantastic job on the cake!
@thelme55 (11860)
Yes, I had @shaggin. The kids are just too cute. Thank you very much.