The Northeast in Autumn

Photo taken by author
Laguna Woods, California
Living in Southern California, we don't see much change in the scenery from season to season. This autumn, we are visiting our daughters in Delaware and it has been beautiful to see the colorful trees and fall colors. We visited an astounding public garden called Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. It was founded by one of the du Pints, and is on over 1000 acres. Amazing. One of our grandsons now attends the elementary school associated with St. Andrews, the boarding school used in the movie "Dead Poet's Society." What a stunning location! While I'm looking forward to getting back to the warm weather in Southern California, I am enjoying fall in the Northeast. What is your favorite season?
How lovely to be seeing such wonderful sights. 1000 acres! I guess you didn't walk around all of it.
• Laguna Woods, California
No, we only saw a tiny fraction. I wanted to post pictures, but I didn't bring my computer and couldn't figure out how to do it from my phone.
@DeborahDiane What a shame. Perhaps when you get home you'll be able to download them and share them.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv yes, that's my plan. I will be home this weekend.
What area of Pennsylvania is Longwood Gardens located? Is it near the southwest part of the state where I live? i never heard of it, but would love to visit as it sounds beautiful! Do they just grow flowers or do they include vegetables since they have the room to grow them?
• Laguna Woods, California
Longwood Gardens is in Southeast Pennsylvania. It is on over 1000 acres. I didn't see vegetables but, since it is winter, they might not have been noticeable. Plus we did not walk the whole 1000 acres! LOL
@DeborahDiane that is not near me i am afraid. If you did walk all the acres, i would think you were in the best shape of anybody i know or have heard of! lol!
• Laguna Woods, California
@Marty1 Thanks! I hope you get over to see it someday. Pretty amazing!
Fall is beautiful here, every day the trees are changing, the colors are warm in the morning and in the afternoon before the set starts to go down. This is definitely my favorite season.
• Laguna Woods, California
Fall is very popular here in the Northeast US, too!
• Laguna Woods, California
I have added some photos of Longwood Gardens for everyone to see!
Villa Carlotta Trmezzo (Como-Italy)
@DeborahDiane Very nice, we have beautiful gardens not far from here, on the lake of Como. This is a photo of last Spring. We wanted to go now, but with the problem of my Mom we have other priorities.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
I do love living where we have 4 seasons, and I would have to say spring and autumn are my favorites.
• Laguna Woods, California
@fishtiger58 - Our daughters who live on the East Coast also say they love having four seasons. The wonderful thing about this world is that there are so many different choices about where we can live!
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@DeborahDiane We sure can, and while I have often thought about moving out of Illinois it's the only place I have ever lived and would miss my sister's and their families.
• Laguna Woods, California
@fishtiger58 - I understand. We are often tied to our states by a sense of comfort and our connection to our family.
• Eugene, Oregon
I would have to say that fall is mine too, though winter is hard on its heels and I don't care for that one. This was a nice time of year to take that trip.
• Laguna Woods, California
We are really enjoying our time here with our daughters and their families. I'm glad we came in the fall. I'm not big on winter in the Northeast, although we visited one of our daughters in Boston during a January blizzard once!!
• Eugene, Oregon
@DeborahDiane That sounds daunting, but not for you.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic No, I avoid Boston in winter, now. LOL
@sallypup (22006)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'd love to see that boarding school. Happy family times for you and safe travels.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - That boarding school is gorgeous. You would love it!
@sallypup (22006)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DeborahDiane Yes I am sure you are right.
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
DPS is one of my favorites! I envy your grandson.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thanks!
hat is what I loved about moving from Miami back to Ny.
• Laguna Woods, California
That's great that you moved back to NY!
@kobesbuddy (19569)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a lovely photo of Longwood Gardens! My favorite season has always been fall, but it never lasts long enough:(
• Laguna Woods, California
@kobesbuddy - So true! Fall never lasts long enough.
@kobesbuddy (19569)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DeborahDiane Our weather is so beautiful, during the fall months.
• Laguna Woods, California
@kobesbuddy - Yes, I have been to Michigan in September, and I agree it is beautiful!