So You Think You're Having a Bad Day?

@WorDazza (8649)
Manchester, England
Ok, so it's one of those mornings. In a dream-like state you come downstairs barefoot, turn on the light and discover that soggy thing you stepped in was cat vomit. The dishwasher has decided to leak water all over the kitchen floor (Note to self: Sack the dishwasher. You really can't get the staff these days!!!) and when you raise the blind at the kitchen window you discover half of your fence panels have been dislodged by high winds and next doors cat, taking advantage of the fact your cats are in the house overnight, has left you a lovely, steaming present in the middle of your decking. The bin bag rips open when you remove it from the pedal bin and deposits last nights leftovers onto the already soaking kitchen floor. You desperately try, and fail, to stop the cats from eating a combination of veggie chilli and dishwasher water knowing this will only lead to yet more cat vomit. You arrive at work wearing nothing but your vest but comfort yourself with the knowledge that this is nothing but a bad dream. While having a coffee and doing some pre-work myLotting you realize that this isn't actually a dream and you are sitting in work in nothing but a vest. If you think that's bad, spare a thought for this guy:
A cameraman is thwarted at the last moment after waiting 40 minutes to film a stadium demolition.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
no top of the morning to you, for you then! Oh lawdy! I am sorry you had such a rough start to your day @WorDazza! I can only hope that it has improved by leaps and bounds!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I must confess that not ALL of those things happened this morning but they are things that have happened over time. Most unlike me I was exaggerating for comic effect!!!! And the going to work in only a vest thing. That has never happened. Yet!!!! Or if it has, everyone was far too polite to mention it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@WorDazza most unlike you? But of course you normally wouldn't do this! Oh, you had me in sympathetic stitches you did!!!! Ah, not even the vest then ? Nah I am happy you have managed to always have a shirt on too
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@bluesa And one day I might remember my trousers too. Until then I'll just have to sit at my desk all day and not walk around the office.. Now where did I put that bottle. I need to pee!!!!
I saw that video earlier! Wouldn't he have been spitting chips? And what does that actually mean anyway?
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I'd not heard that one before. Seems like it's one of yours!!! Although why he would get upset at losing to England at football I really don't know. Surely that's a given
Aussie Slangs: Spit chips Spit Chips:Aussie slang meaning to be very angry.Said to have originated from when a Prime Minister was watching a soccer match on TV but the Australian team lost against England. He was eating chips, like all Aussies do in front
@WorDazza I didn't need to know about the vomiting bit! And I'm stumped to come up with an answer to your football jibe except that what you play is not 'real' football. Aussie rules is 'real' football. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - what's the rest of it? Oh yes, that's right. Oy, oy, oy!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@JudyEv I'm disappointed that you didn't come right back at me and mention cricket!! You're obviously not a true Aussie . I'm sorry but any sport that allows the legal use of the hands cannot be called football. The clue is in the name!!!
@xFiacre (10502)
@wordazza my wife's cat did that vomity thing last night but I managed to remember to put on more than just a vest before leaving the house. I just checked there to be sure, so it must be something else that people are laughing at. And that camera man - tough, infuriating break!!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I notice how it is your wife's cat when it has done something annoying!!! I often have to check I'm fully clothed due to strange looks I seem to get throughout the day. Glad I'm not the only one. Must be an age thing!!
@xFiacre (10502)
@WorDazza As one given commonly to public speaking and standing up in front of gathered audiences I'm always checking that my zip is up. So far things have worked out well, but I dread the day when I realise that my listeners are all staring at my swimming trunk area and smiling.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@xFiacre I'm not averse to the surreptitious zip check either. I suppose that's when you'll know that maybe you should stand down from your public speaking duties. When it gets habitually draughty downstairs!!!
@yanzalong (8847)
Just about everyone has a bad day. I had several bad days in the past. Nothing bad happened further as I realized that after the bad will come the good. Thinking further about the bad day will only lead me to a worse day.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
That is true. There's nothing you can do to change the past so you have to focus on the future.
@yanzalong (8847)
@WorDazza Absolutely.
The poor camera man missed recording the whole thing because of the bus being in the way. That's terrible.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Although to be fair you would have thought he would have found a slightly higher vantage point. I doubt he'll make the same mistake again!!
@Fleura (6225)
In the great scheme of things, life could be a whole lot worse :) That video reminds me of this guy
TRAINSPOTTERS who waited over an hour to glimpse the Flying Scotsman were less than chuffed when an express train completely blocked it from view. The hapless rail enthusiasts had gathered at a lev…
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Absolutely priceless. There's part of me thinking that maybe there's some higher power at work telling these people to get a life!!
@Fleura (6225)
@WorDazza Virgin offered him a free trip to Atlanta to make up for it, so it wasn't all bad.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@Fleura They really shouldn't encourage that sort of behavior from grown men!!!
Silly cameraman, waiting on the wrong side of the road. The cat of the neighbor vomited on our pathway yesterday. It was definitely not my day.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I wouldn't hire him to video a wedding. All you would get would be shots of the vicar's back. Sprinkle a bit of chilli powder on your path. Cats hate it.
@WorDazza Thank you for the hint, I am going to try. This is surely not a cameramen I would hire. The video is even in the Italian news.
@vickyrose (1981)
• Canberra, Australia
I’d deal with the cats first... they have to be comfortable. I hope that your day got better.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Oh yeah, it's all about the cats!!! When is it ever going to be about me
@DaddyEvil (22403)
You know, if you'd quit force-feeding veggie chili to your cats, they'd probably stop staging protests! (I am positive you will find both the water on the floor (That "water" did NOT come from the dishwasher! ) and the vomit stop once the felines are given a diet high in meat with few if any veggie "fillers".) If you need me to post a link explaining what is and what is not acceptable to feed your cats, please let me know. I'd be happy to help you out. I am quite sure your fellow coworkers would let you know you weren't dreaming if you showed up to work only wearing a vest. Their response to such may not be verbal, but should still be easy enough for you to notice, even sleep-walking. Actions to notice as you arrive at work may include but are not restricted to: Coworkers rolling on the floor while laughing! Coworkers quickly whipping their phones out to snap photos of you and posting said photos to every available site online. Coworkers throwing up as you approach. Coworkers complexions suddenly turning green. Coworkers cupping their hands over their mouths while making retching noises. I quite enjoyed the bus that "stole" the cameraman's view!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I'll have you know I am in possession of a comely leg. I occasionally get it down from the attic and enjoy it!!!!
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@WorDazza Mrs. WorDazza doesn't mind that you keep her in your attic?
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@DaddyEvil Mrs WorDazza doesn't know about the comely leg in the attic. And she ain't finding out from you is she????
That poor camera man. I have developed the habit of turning on the hall light for three seconds before stepping off the bottom stair. If there's vomit around that's where it will be.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Good plan! But I'm sure the cats will work that one out after a few days!!
@WorDazza I've been doing it for a while and they haven't yet. They can be a little thick sometimes.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@Poppylicious They're waiting! As soon as you think everything's OK they'll change their regular vomit spot to just before the light switch. Don't say I didn't warn you.
@FayeHazel (11811)
Ha ha, well I'm happy that was just a dream then
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
As were my colleagues!!
@FayeHazel (11811)
@WorDazza I dunno, that may have been really entertaining, too :-)
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@FayeHazel Entertaining in a 'hide behind the sofa and occasionally peek out through your fingers as your hands cover your eyes' sort of way maybe!!
Ugggh if that is a premonition of things to come, wear socks before going to any area away from your bed AND check that water line for the dishwasher !
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I think willies might be more appropriate. Unless of course I go for my patented high-heeled sock!
@WorDazza what are 'willies' ?
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@enlightenedpsych2 I couldn't possibly say on a respectable website such as this. I meant wellies!! Which I believe are known as rain boots on your side of the pond!!
@YrNemo (8630)
Something similar really happened to our place about 2 weeks ago. Instead of vomiting, our kitten made a pile right in front of the front door (inside the house of course!). I stepped right into it in the early morning and clueless, walked back into the house... The poor cameraman!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Oh no! It's never good when you smell something and can't quite work out why the smell is following you while you're wandering around the house. Then you see the smelly footprints!!!
@YrNemo (8630)
@WorDazza That is the weirdest part! I didn't smell a thing! Ah, but then the house reeked of disinfectant smell since that naughty kitten kept being messy here there everywhere.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@YrNemo You can become immune to that sort of thing when it's ever present in your nostrils.
• Preston, England
I have way too many days like that
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Maybe you should write a sit-com based on your life!!
• Preston, England
@WorDazza I am considering using some parts of my life in stand up comedy
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Hate to say something that might ruined your day
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
There's no 'might' about it!!
@WorDazza Oh ok no might
• Denmark
As Forrest Gump used to say, "Excrements* happen." * I used this term in order not to shock the sensitive American profanity detector.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
Indeed! The profanity detector can sometimes take away the impact of a statement. A well-placed expletive can certainly add dramatic impact as long as it's not overdone.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Was the cat vomit warm or cold?
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I don't know. I didn't have time to stop and taste it!!
I've just read another post (from Fiacre) where he didn't allow the facts to get in the way of a good story, and this is along the same lines. I enjoyed it lots. That clip is hilarious!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I think I'll have that on my headstone. He never let the facts get in the way of a good story.