Question For Today- "Creepy Crawlers"

By DB
Have you ever had mice or other varmints in your house? Most of us probably have at one time or other. Maybe you've had problems with skunks or squirrels. Or perhaps insects really freak you out! Crickets and spiders hiding in your home are no fun and are annoying pests. So that leads me to the question for today. What do you think is the worst critter to have in your house? I'm sure there are interesting experiences to share. Photo- mnn.com
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Spiders! I had that incident with that spider! Oh and a grasshopper dived me when I was in bed one night! I can't stand bugs!!!
So bugs make you batty, huh? Spiders are so quiet and sneaky with their webs. Those webs creep me out more than seeing a spider. Especially when I walk into one outside or in my basement, eek.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 I second your eek!!! And bats freak me out too!
@bluesa Yes bats are definitely creepy
@nanette64 (13829)
• Fairfield, Texas
On more than 1 occasion I've had Fire Ants (the ones that bite and leave a pus pocket) not only in my cabinets but in my bed @dgobucks226 . Grab the vacuum cleaner and suck the buggers up and then take ant poison and spray it all along the interior walls at the floor and ceiling areas. Plus I have to throw away all the food that was in the cabinets because they can gain entry even into twist-top jars of something.
They are vicious insects. I was attacked by those ants outside my Dad's condo in Florida. They were on his walkway and I was in flip flops and before I realized it the ants started biting my bare feet. They left marks that took a long time to completely heal. Fire ants would definitely be something I would not want in my house.
@nanette64 (13829)
• Fairfield, Texas
@dgobucks226 They are a definite nightmare.
@nanette64 Agree!
Centipedes, the big ones. Those things creep me out good cuz they are nocturnal and will run for cover if there's light ..... just pleeze pleeze not up my leg, those big ones have venom in their feet.
Some of the ones we have here are about 6" to 8" @sharon6345 they're creepy to say the least.
@rebelann oh yeah I would agree.
Those centipedes are creepy looking. They don't scare me and I just kill them, but like stink bugs, they are just icky!
We've only ever had mice but there are skinks in the ceiling space. They don't worry us. They just make eerie noises and once you know what's causing the strange noises, then they're not frightening anymore.
Don't you wonder what they are doing in your ceiling space? I always am worried about squirrels trying to come into my attic. So far no squirrels, but occasionally I think I'm hearing noises up there, umm.
@dgobucks226 I guess it's just a safe place for them to hang out. I don't think there is any damage they can do.
@JudyEv My brother had a family of squirrels in his garage who chewed up the baseboard of his wall. Surprisingly they have very sharp teeth. He finally was able to trap and release them elsewhere.
Rats would be the worst to have inside.
I've had mice which I do not like. They are so quiet, but I have seen a few sneak into my house in winter. They have startled me, but I'm sure they are more afraid of me. Anyway, rats would be a bigger problem for sure and I would need a bigger trap!
Rats! I live in th country and rats live in the fields.
Those dirty rats! Yes, a real house pest who will eat anything and gnawing marks on your baseboard.
@FayeHazel (11811)
Growing up at the farm - we had mice frequently. It wasn't an issue because the indoor cats would go get 'em. I think the worst thing is a bat! Eeek
Yes I would not enjoy a bat in my house. Freaky Although I did read they are very clean animals grooming constantly.
@Shiva49 (9664)
Mice can attract snakes! siva
@Shiva49 Snakes I would not want to see in my house
@kobesbuddy (19448)
• East Tawas, Michigan
When we bought our first home, the back porch didn't have a secure floor. The first week we lived there, it had to be replaced. A rat came up from underneath the house and was sitting in our back room! I was so frightened, because we had two small children at that time:(
There are 2 kinds of rats associated with the U.S. The Norway rat and the roof rat. Sounds like you had the former. Yes, a rat would not be something I would want to stumble upon. I don't even like mice!
@kobesbuddy (19448)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dgobucks226 They are filthy rodents, that carry disease.
@kobesbuddy No argument here!!
@BarBaraPrz (17552)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Rodents. They're sneaky and eat your food when you're not looking, even food you think is safe in a cupboard. Or they'll tear up the insulation in your attic and walls and leave poop everywhere.
Yep, others said the same. I've had mice, no rats so far, at least I hope not!
@BarBaraPrz (17552)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@dgobucks226 Rats got into the dry dog food when I was a teen. They grew to the size of squirrels before we realized it and put the food in a metal garbage can. (I was the rat disposer.)
@BarBaraPrz I had a similar problem with my bird seed and mice. They took the seed and stored it under my kitchen sink. What a mess!
I don't know if I can pick just one. I'm so afraid of spiders that can hardly look at a picture of one, but I guess a rat would be the worst thing. Yuck!
Both good choices! And mentioned often in our discussion. I don't like rats myself!
I had rats in one and when I was done it was shut down. when I had mice I went as ar as I could and it was shut down . Everyone had to move out. where I live no that is not an issue. The worst thing for me would be anything that was not paying to live there .
Rats and mice can both be destructive. During the winter I get mice that get in my basement and forage for food. I have to put everything in Tupperware containers. What a pain!
@Shiva49 (9664)
The usual here in tropical Asia is cockroaches. Once the big headache was bedbugs that created havoc. They used to crawl out once we were sound asleep! We had to replace the bedding in the end - siva