Some People Dream: Some People Don't: What About You?

This time I’m talking about REAL dreams, that a person has when they are asleep. I’m not talking about “Following Your Dreams” to become a successful performer or business owner or something like that? I know that it’s been said that everyone dreams, but not everyone remembers dreaming. I have some very VIVID dreams sometimes and wake up in a panic. Dreaming is supposedly a person’s subconscious mind working things out, they say. I’m not sure about that, but I know that I often have the same types of dreams. Sometimes, I’m in a building with lots of floors and doors and stairways and I’m trying to find my way out of the building, but can’t. Sometimes, I’m flying. Hah! I’m mean REALLY flying, not in an airplane. Flying over mountains and looking down at the Earth. Sometimes I dream about spiders, which I HATE with a passion. What kind of crazy dreams do you have? Or do you dream at all?
• Riga, Latvia
When I have very vivid dreams that mean something I can remember every graphic detail and I have them written down. Then I have had dreams where I dream and it's like watching a movie and if I wake up and then go back to sleep I get the second part of the movie. I have dreams that don't mean anything just some silliness and I forget about them quickly but scary dreams take a long time to leave me.
As soon as I wake up, I need to recall the dream immediately, or I will forget it. It's so crazy.
I have repeating dreams. One dream that repeats is the one in which I forgot that I had signed up for a college class, learn at the end of the semester that I did sign up for the class, and I have to take the final exam not knowing a darn thing. I also dream frequently of having to crawl across a high suspension bridge and due to my fear of heights, I am petrified. That bridge was in the town in which I was born, and as a kid, it scared the daylights out of me when my dad drove across that thing.
It's definitely our subconscious minds at work, I think. Trying to work out our fears and anxieties. Don't you think so?
@IreneVincent I do. I think the fear of heights is always with me, and perhaps the fear of not achieving success in the college dream is due to that worry.
Mostly I have very pleasant dreams but sometimes I'm in a car going backwards with no way of stopping it. I always feel I have this dream when I'm feeling not in control of my life.
Once I dreamed I was in the back seat of the car with my younger brother. My Dad was driving and my mother was in the front seat. And we were in a tornado spinning around and around. I woke up before we crashed into anything.
@IreneVincent Waking from a dream like this can leave you quite shaky can't it?
@JudyEv Yes, some of my dreams are really scary and when I wake up, I say to myself. "Wow! I'm glad that was only a dream!." Sometimes I'm hiding from a dangerous situation and can't seem to get away from the danger. I'm always glad when I wake up and know that I was just dreaming.
@YrNemo (11747)
My last vivid dream was to return to my boarding house (which I didn't care for) when I was in my teen. They were all so welcoming me back and I woke up, thinking, 'what? Back to that place again? I thought I had managed to get out of that jail ages ago.'
Once I dreamed I was in love with two men. The funny thing was that they were both my husband. One was when he was young and the other was when he was older. So crazy. But, at least I was faithful, even in my dreams.
@YrNemo (11747)
@IreneVincent I don't know what to say! THAT was so funny! Did you find out from your dream who did you love more?
@YrNemo No, I woke up! But, I know that I loved them both equally. And I have never been unfaithful. I've never wanted to be with anyone else.
@KristenH (23683)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I do dreams. I have nightmares from time to time. I do dream when I nap too. Most of my novel storylines come from dreams that I plot every night, especially during Nanowrimo every year. I wouldn't call them crazy.
What is Nanowrimo, if I dare to ask?
@KristenH (23683)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@IreneVincent National Novel Writing Month (Nano/Nanowrimo). It's when authors like myself write every day to reach the goal of writing 50K or more by the end of the month.
@KristenH Sounds like something I might be interested in. How do I get involved?
@cindiowens (3842)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
There is a website that interprets dreams called dreammoods(dot)com.
I knew that there were persons who claim they can interpret dreams but I don't really believe they can. That's just me.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@IreneVincent Dreaming is the subconscious mind working on your life's problems and solutions. Actually, they can be interpreted to a degree. It is not a spiritual interpretation, but rather a psychological one.
@cindiowens Yes, I'm sure that is true. I've really had some crazy dreams though. I hope my subconscious mind works out all my psychological problems. And I guess it has since I'm still quite sane, I believe.
@cindiowens (3842)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I do dream. A lot. I usually know I am dreaming though.
I dream a lot too. Some dreams make sense but most of them don't.