A Holiday Poem

@nanette64 (17949)
Fairfield, Texas
Thanksgiving Day is a day we all know, turkey and dressing while the desserts flow. But do you remember when and where it began? In 1621 on Wampanoag Indian land. Those of the Mayflower were starving to death, the Plymouth Colonists needed a harvest. The Indians helped them and showed them how, as thanks there was a dinner which is what there is now. One interesting fact that has become obscure, it wasn't turkey that was the lure. Do you know what meat was near? Think about it......it was Deer. Most people forget the meaning of this day, with all the bells and whistles, parades and play. What should be remembered is the suffering and strife, that our ancestors faced to have a life. Be blessed and grateful for what you eat, and hope that History never repeats. Enjoy your day and remember to pray, for those that may not have it the same way.
• Uzbekistan
Congratulations! I knew about the origin. I used to teach it to my pupils.
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
See? I'm not as dingy as some people think @MALUSE .
• Uzbekistan
@nanette64 dingy -- new word for me Who are the people who dare think this?
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
@MALUSE Dingy: crazy, odd, strange. Actually it's a shorter version of 'ding-a-ling': stupid, foolish, or eccentric. There's a few people here who think I'm all of these.
yes but then one cannot help every one .It is not that easy.good poem there.Blessing
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
Very true on the helping out @amadeo . If only we had millions of dollars. Thank you and you have a wonderful, blessed day.
@nanette64 thank you
Great poem! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Happy2BeMe ; you have a wonderful day too.
@nanette64 thanks :)
Yes I knew the original beginning was completely different. We must always be grateful for what we have and count our blessings.
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
• , Montana
Love it happy thanksgiving