Do you watch or enjoy wrestling?

@lady1993 (19954)
Isn't this fake? Aren't the wrestlers only acting? I saw in a documentary(I'm not really sure which one) where they showed the behind the scenes of wrestling and the how they make those loud sounds in the stage and all.
Well, it isn't really 'fake' although it is 'staged'. When they hit someone with a chair, they actually hit them with a chair. When they slam someone on a table and it breaks, they really do that. Much of it, though, is 'staged'. Lots of times you'll see someone stomp the mat when they punch someone for the sound effect to make it appear the punch was a lot harder. The tables are 'rigged' so they break easy...I've helped rig them for matches before...but it still hurts. Most matches are 'scripted' with a 'winner' picked ahead of time and several 'moves' in the fight planned ahead of time. But sometimes, someone gets a bit mad at their opponent and it can turn into a real fight.
Exactly what I was going to write. Minus the helping rig the tables part, lol
@cahaya1983 (10038)
So all the drama behind the scene are staged too, right? They just follow the script?
@lady1993 (19954)
@JolietJake oh so the chairs and other props are not soft? It sounds like a series with actors indeed, except for that part where someone may really get hurt
I watch it and I enjoy it. It is called sports entertainment for a reason.
@lady1993 (19954)
yeah, it does have lots of fans, the seats surrounding the stage are always jam packed
@lady1993 It is called a ring not a stage and wrestling house shows are almost always sold-out. Proof that wrestling is really popular and not just a fad.
@lady1993 (19954)
@allen0187 Oh, it's a ring.. sorry Yeah many people watch them, young and old
Yes, I like wrestling & not fake but predetermined
@lady1993 (19954)
yes, that is the better word for it
@dodo19 (33583)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
No, I don't watch it. It's not really my thing. I can see how some people might enjoy it, but it's not for me.
@itsik8 (184)
• Holon, Israel
I don't watch it, but it looks fake to me.
I always thought it was fake. Someone took me on a date to a wrestling match once. It was different.
@lady1993 (19954)
it looked real?
@lady1993 I do not think it is lady Di, but, I am not an expert.
• Venezuela
It's a coreographed fight. It's like watching a movie in front of you without all the visual effects and stuff. Not that wrestling doesn't use them sometimes, but you know what I mean. And I've been watching it since I was young so it kinda grew up with me and I've kept enjoying it ever since.
@lady1993 (19954)
like theater? welcome to mylot by the way
@ilocosboy (37058)
Yes I like wrestling whether fake or not. But I believe they just pre-orchestrated to make the move real. Anyway, there are other kinds of wrestling which maybe more real than those pay per view.
@lady1993 (19954)
i hope there aren't stuff like that, since wrestling itself seems violent enough
Yeah, I wonder. Staged like JJ says.
@louievill (19633)
Not all fake but some have " scripted " story lines that makes it more exciting like the Undertaker having a half brother Kane plus the guy with the urn Paul Bearer etc...which is not true in real life. Even the fights are scripted.
@Shivram59 (5282)
@lady1993 Yes,I do and I love watching the sport.
I don't like watching it. It is violent. It is the same for me not to watch boxing. I don't like this kind of games.
@lady1993 (19954)
yeah it is more violent, but then i do not think anyone gets hurt in real life, unlike boxing
@lady1993 I don't know...