~Grateful For The Relationship~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone. I hope your doing well today! =) Today is day 26 of the grateful challenge and I am grateful for the relationship I have with my girls. I never had a mother/daughter bond with my own mother and that was something I always said I would do differently when I had my children. I am so grateful that it's something I DO have with my girls especially. My oldest son also comes to me with everything as well-which is awesome too of course! My daughter's come to me about everything including boys they like, their walk with God, things they have done wrong and don't know how to fix, kids picking on them, etc... Just everything-it's amazing. =)
That is wonderful and I know what you mean. My mom was not close with hers. But kay always could talk to me. At times it depressed me but i am glad it was the case. You're a nice person and that is why it's so rewarding.
@sharon6345 Thank you! =) Yes, I am so glad my kids talk to me the way they do!
@LovingMyBabies I had to ask kay to stop talking to me about her marriage tough. It was killing slowly each time. She began to share a little but I try to stop her as often as possible. I wish it were a romance to share but it's not so I can't be party to it.
@sharon6345 Yeah negativity has a way of bringing everyone down.
I of course have the other mother - daughter relationship, so it's different but its still so amazing. And i know your kids feel the same about your relationship, because of how i feel over mine.
@Courtlynn I know you do and I think it's so amazing! I wish I had that with my mom but I am so glad I have a good relationship with my children and daughters. =)
@LovingMyBabies im sorry you don't, but yes its good you do with your kids. And hopefully they do with theirs, etc etc
@LoriAMoore (9978)
It is wonderful that you are so close with your children.
@Lorimoore Thank you, I love it. =)
That is wonderful. My mother and I are not close at all and it is a source of stress for me.
@NJChicaa Thank you. =) I never had a close relationship with my parents either. I'm sorry for the stressful relationship you have with your mom. =(
@LovingMyBabies It is what it is. (and I hate that saying!) I've learned to just accept it for what it is.
There's no doubt you are very devoted mother.
@JohnRoberts Aw, thank you very much. =)
Mothers and daughters do have a special bond. It is nice to know that mothers and sons also have a special bond that may be a bit different, but a bond it is.
@Corbin5 Yes my girls and I have a special bond and so do my sons and I, it's incredible. =) My oldest son is definitely a momma's boy, we are very close.
@kobesbuddy (19607)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies My son and I have a very close relationship, because his father wasn't around very often. Later on in life, Bruce became a good father to him.
I had such a wonderful relationship with my mother and miss her dearly. I have two awesome daughters-in-law and the most loving son's ever. I'm blessed and so thankful for them all, just as you are.
@DianneN That is awesome! I've never been as close to my mom as I wish I was but I have made sure with my own that they know they can always come to me with anything. =)
@LovingMyBabies You are doing the right thing. My mother was like my best friend, especially when I grew up.
• Pamplona, Spain
I got to bond a bit with mine when it was really too late but at least it happened and for me it was better much later than never. So glad for you also.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I'm glad you eventually had the bond. =)
• Pamplona, Spain
@LovingMyBabies I am also it taught me a lot about her that I could not have imagined before either so I defended her even when she went from this life it was so unfair.
@Daelii (2039)
That sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are able to experience that with your children and I'm sorry you didn't with your own mom. I miss mine terribly. I hope to have that kind of relationship with my kids as they age! Right now, I did get to hear about my 5 year old's "boyfriend".
@Daelii Thank you! I love the relationship we have. =) It's okay, I have made up for it with my kids. Aw, hearing about the boys they like is so cute when they are young!
That is good that you have that relationship with your girls and son. I hope it continues forever.
@jstory07 Thank you I hope so too. =)
You are doing wonderfully well with your children.
@JudyEv Thank you very much. =)
It is nice that you have that special bond with your girls. It is nice that they are able to talk to you about anything.
@Happy2beme Thank you, I love that we have that! =)
I learned some of my "best" parenting the same way that you did, by doing the opposite that my mother did. Sad, but true. You are very lucky to have the relationship that you do with your children, I feel so blessed to have that with our son and now with his new wife. Its such an incredibly wonderful feeling being so connected isn't it?
@Juliaacv It is sad but at least we learned it somehow and did better with our own. =) Yes it is awesome! I love that they know they can come to me with anything-good or bad.
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
That is so awesome to hear Jennifer! I had a great relationship with both of my parents growing up, and I wanted to make sure I was the best father I could be to my own kids. I am not perfect by any means, but I think I have done a great job with my kids, as they are both outstanding kids, and I am very proud of the young adults they have become. And I think you will be able to say the same thing about all of your kids when they reach adulthood! Keep up the great work!
@moffittjc Thank you. Thats really good that you had a great relationship with your parents and now with your children. =) I hope my kids then turn out well, thank you! By the way-you went to Saint Augustine and didn't stop by to say hey?
@moffittjc (35679)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies I promise that next time I'm in St. Augustine I'll make plans to hike on up to Jax to say hi! lol
@moffittjc Lol Thank you, much better!
One of the greatest things in life. My relationship with my daughter has sure gotten better over the years. She was misdiagnosed when younger so we had some issues.
@celticeagle Yes, I love being so close with them. I'm glad your relationship is better now. =)
@LovingMyBabies .....It's fun to watch them grow and see the changes.
They are blessed to have you as their mom
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you! =)
• Rochester, New York
I wish I had that kind of relationship with my mum. I can't talk to her about some stuff that I need to because I know she wouldn't understand.
@Lisasteinmetz I understand, I felt that way all growing up. Now I can talk to my mom but it's not the close relationship some have with their mom's.
It is wonderful that you have a good relationship with your children. My mother was always a great friend to me, unfortunately, she is no longer here. I do miss her so much
@marlina Thank you. I'm sorry you don't have your mother anymore.
@LovingMyBabies Both my parents are gone and sadly missed.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
I think your daughters are so cute.I wish I had a niece.I only have a nephew.
@workathomefan Thank you! =) Nephews are awesome too though.
I also want my kids to be open to me and trust me to be their bestfriend.