Have any of you wished there was a pill or something to keep you from growing old?

Thank you Anna for giving me this idea for a post. Have any of you seen the movie, Cocoon? I saw it many years ago and there was something that kept the people from getting old or something maybe they took to keep them young. What would it be like if we never grew old and stayed young the rest of our lives?
@RodrickH (8958)
Many people from different countries have done endless research about it,the answer is there is no such thing,many people wish they have one,but that not gonna happen
Rodrick, people can wish though even if it never will happen.
I don't want to go on forever but I can see that for many it's a longed-for dream.
Judy, I understand what you are saying, but, I would love to live to 120 and see how it goes.
@Hannihar My mother lived to 104 and was quite well until the last 12 months. She had a hip replacement when she was 99 1/2.
@JudyEv Wow, she certainly did have a long life.
That movie is from the 80s? I think I have seen that one when I was a kid. I'm almost 40 and I haven't wished for a pill that could keep me young forever. I think it would be weird if people stayed young, There'll be a population explosion or probably the young ones would stop having children.
Toni, you are probably right. I could not remember when the movie was but I liked it.
For many years, I dreamed of going back in time, and doing more things right with my kids. I wasn't a terrible mother, but there are many things I didn't know, and I could go back and do it all over again the right way. It's a waste of time to think these things, so I eventually stopped.
Rhonda, it is nice to wish but reality is I guess more important.
@rina110383 (24134)
No. I like getting older. It's weird.
rina, I am happy for you. I don't. to me that means more things going wrong with me as if I have not had enough go wrong with me throughout the years.
If I could just keep my mind young, I would be happy.
@cahaya1983 (10053)
At this age the thought has never crossed my mind but when I think about the movie The Age of Adaline I don't think I would want to stay young forever.
Heck, yeah. Time to read all the books in the world.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
yes. A good post I have been thinking about always. There must be a pill developed to keep one young always. I too try so many things.But, they are all of no use. The only thing is just to remain silent about the changes that are taking place. Do not think about them. Try to be calm observing the changes without expressing any reaction to them. It will reduce the age of a person. The more you show your worry and react to the changes the more you will grow old.
• Eugene, Oregon
The planet would be overrun with people, famine and wars would ensue, I suspect. That could happen eventually anyway with more longevity and the birthrates in some countries.