What are the remedies of common cold?

Many people say it is not wise to take anti-biotics when one have common cold. But the running nose continues and cold continues. It becomes irritating. The viruses never die. At least the anti-biotics can kill bacteria inside the body and increase the resistance. I dont know the remedy.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Hot black tea with lemon and fresh honey. Swallow this with cloves of fresh garlic chopped up.
Thanks Ocean I will try it. I get frequent running nose in Kolkata.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sathviksouvik I hope you feel better soon my friend.
@TiarasOceanView Thanks Ocean, actually I had taken anti-biotics like zofacin 500 a number of times. But when they are taken for 2 days it is very irritable and fever comes. So I will try the other remedies.
Usually I just have enough water and a good sleep. It will be better as time goes by.
Thanks youless you are blessed.
@sathviksouvik Thanks a lot for your kind words. The same to you
@rina110383 (23066)
Water and enough sleep.
Thanks Rina.
I can't truly be honest but its been over 10 years since I had a cold. I prefer sleep and soup.
Is it chicken soup or vegetable soup? You must be lucky. In your area if you immuned against common cold.