Procrastination Wins (or at least so far)

My Christmas tree is up and looks really pretty even though we had to do some creative rearranging for it to fit in the space where I wanted to put it. I have storage containers taking up lots of room in my dining room that have all the decorations in them. For the past week I've been saying I am going to put the decorations on the tree and put out the other things that go around the house. I also said that this morning and I would start as soon as I finished my coffee. Guess what!! I've been sitting here chatting with you all and nothing has gotten done yet. I hate to think another day will fly by and the tree will remain undecorated. This weekend we plan to do the outside and I'm really hoping that my procrastination gene doesn't win. Dare I pull myself away from the computer??
Well, you just never know. You may be blessed with a burst of activity and all will get done!!
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
lol I can relate to that one. Every evening I was going to decorate and every evening I came home and mylotted instead. Now I have to do it this weekend.
I always say I'm only going to sit here for a few minutes and then do whatever it is that needs doing and and hour or so later and I'm still sitting here.
@Marilynda1225 lol I can relate to that!
In August I bought a new tree that is supposed to be a snowman with the head taking the place of the star. It does not have ornaments, so my sister put it up, and i have a tree! I don't add ornaments or any other decoration this year as i have my Onyx the kitty cat who would destroy all decorations as he is easily tempted and my tree has fallen already because he was playing with it! I will gently give him a toy when he plays with the branches, and he never listens!
I've had cats in the past and they are very intrigued with the Christmas tree. We actually had one that would climb up the middle and sleep on the branches. Needless to say our tree was a little lopsided. You are smart to have a snowman tree so Onxy doesn't destroy a tree with ornaments. Less stress for you!
@Marilynda1225 Onyx chews on the bottom limbs and has probably climbed it when i wasn't looking as I came out of my room one morning and the tree was knocked over! I don't think Onyx would be able to sleep on the branches as he is a heavy little kitty.He is going to grow up to be a big cat when he reaches adulthood! But that is fine with me as he is perfect to me!
@Platespinner (18472)
The tree is up. The garland is looped around the stair rail. There is a lovely bit of garland complete with baubles and bow over the kitchen sink; all courtesy of my daughters. I haven't even pulled out the Christmas mugs yet.
It's nice that your girls were so helpful and got the house decorated. Makes things so much easier when there's team work
It's hard to pull yourself away from myLot! I did to pack and feel so relieved. Doing laundry inbetween.
• Riga, Latvia
Definitely get that tree decorated and post a picture for us all to see.
Hope you've gotten it decorated by now
@Morleyhunt (16548)
I pulled out the tree...decorated it and put those boxes away. Now I need to get out the garland and spread that around the house. Why can't I get myself started. I love how the garland and lights look in the window...but for some reason I'm not able to notivate myself to gather my supplies from the garden shed.
I can come up with all sorts of reasons why I shouldn't get busy with stuff I should be doing.
Maybe you should write a post about excuses and we can borrow them when needed
@Marilynda1225 That's a great idea. I'm sure a book on the subject would be a best-seller. I can see the title now - One Thousand Excuses for Procrastination or maybe Excuses for Every Occasion. Do you want to be co-author?
Wait wait wait, that's not procrastination, it's more like gettin sidetracked ..... hey, we are more fun than decoratin, right?
Heck yes!!! I find more fun being here than decorating a Christmas tree or any other chore
@Marilynda1225 I knew you'd agree
@peachpurple (11016)
I hate procrastinating. Maybe you should drink your coffee, mylot in one hand and set up your xmas tree at the same time, multi-tasking !
Now you have really solved my problem !!
@peachpurple (11016)
@Marilynda1225 just joking !
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
It'll get done...eventually ...lol
Yup it will and as you said eventually
We have a small tabletop tree that we can put up. Hope that you are able to get it done.
We got a new tree this year and it's a 6' which is beautiful but requires work. You're smart having a tabletop
@hostessman (7147)
• Tucson, Arizona
i have our tree up and on Sunday the kids and grandkids will come over and decorate it
So much fun when everyone gets together to decorate the tree. Do you sing Christmas carols too?
Oh I know, remember how quick and easy a job it was when we were younger? Or was that just me?
It was a breeze when I was younger. Well all except putting the lights on the tree cause that was always a pain but now I have a prelit tree so it should be easier. Getting old isn't any fun
You should pull yourself away - the tree has to be decorated.
The tree is finally decorated!! yippee
@CinnamonGrl (5798)
• Paradise, California
You don't have to as far as I'm concerned, lol. I might be a bad influence, heh heh. I put our tiny tree up the day after Thanksgiving. It's a little phony tree with fiberoptic lights, and it takes about a minute to decorate. Then we have a few little Christmas knick-knacks and a creche. That's all I decorate with anymore. What all do you put outside?
We got a new tree this year and it's a 6' prelit one. Was easy to put together but I'm a little OCD when it comes to putting the ornaments on the tree. As for outside we just string lights around the porch with some garland and red bows (nothing exotic)
@LoriAMoore (9922)
No, let the computer win, stay here, stay here!
You're too funny
• Lakewood, Colorado
Ha that happens to me with this and other things
I think procrastinator should be my middle name. It's that little voice that always says," you can do that later." I hope you get everything on soon.