Apples and Coffee

https://snappygoat.com/s/?q=apples+and+coffee#450d060e03431198c01ec4ecbc0145865349735a,0,287.
@HazySue (17183)
If you are anything like me, the first thing you do in the morning is to grab that cup of coffee. There's nothing like coffee to wake you up in the morning. Right? I couldn't do without that first cup of coffee in the morning. So, imagine my surprise when I read an article online that said that apples are better than coffee to wake you up in the morning. What? That can't be right. What about the caffeine in the coffee. My feeling is that it is what gets me going. Caffeine is what gets your brain functioning, makes you wide eyed and bushy tailed, and speeds up the circulation of blood. All that is true, but, there are side effects that go with all that. Apples on the other hand, have a natural sugar contains in them along with the antioxidants and vitamins. These band together to help blood flow, increase brain activity and give your body that energy that you need to wake up raring to go. Plus, there are no side effects. In other words they are a more healthy way to start your day. I understand the reasoning but I just don't see myself giving up my morning coffee. Somehow I don't think waking up in the morning would be as enjoyable. At least to me. What do you think?
I haven't had coffee since my surgery and I really don't miss it. I do find it hard to wake up some mornings though. I think I will try the apple thing and see if it works.
@HazySue (17183)
Let me know if it does work. Right now I am drinking halfcaf, I can't give it up entirely.
@HazySue I will :)
Well, I want my coffee in the mornins, it's just what I like to taste. As for apples well I agree with most of what you said about them but if they made me energetic then why is it that after my apple at nite I am not awake and energetic? Hey, I like apples and I know they are good for the heart so I like to eat mine after dinner.
@HazySue (17183)
I couldn't tell you. I like apples to but I haven't noticed them making me feel energetic.
I think the only things that make us energetic is chocolate or other sugary sweets @HazySue
@HazySue (17183)
@rebelann they do raise the energy level. Since I can not have sugar I think it could be one of the reasons I have no energy.
To be honest, a glass of water is the best thing to have as soon as you wake up. It rehydrates the organs, etc. I wait for my first cup of coffee until after my morning walk and usually have an apple for my snacks.
@HazySue (17183)
I am sure you are correct. I drink water off and on all night. I am a very poor sleeper and my medication makes my mouth feel so dry. Water is the best to hydrate the body. I eat two apples per day, but I just cannot give up my morning coffee.
@HazySue Good for you. I can wait for my coffee. Today I had two cups! lol
@HazySue (17183)
@DianneN I had my morning cup of coffee and now am having my second one. It's halfcaf so it's basically like having one cup.
I don't think I could swap an apple for my morning coffee. Coffee is the elixir that wakes me up and gets my brain functioning and I can't imagine having to chew an apple to give myself the same effect. I do love apples but not to replace my coffee.
@HazySue (17183)
I feel the same way. It may be a healthier way to wake up but I can't see me giving up my coffee.
@HazySue coffee is my life blood
@Meramar (1956)
I prefer to finish my day with an apple, so I can remedy the side effects of a great cup of coffee I took in the morning
@HazySue (17183)
I usually have my apple in the middle of the afternoon.
@Meramar (1956)
@HazySue Me too, I prefer fruits in the afternoon.
I read that article too about two years ago. Actually I'm not a coffee drinker. I don't usually drink coffee unless it's from Starbucks and I don't do that often too, I avoid coffee because of its caffeine.
@HazySue (17183)
I monitor my caffeine intake to make sure it doesn't become a problem for me.
@HazySue Great!
@YrNemo (8678)
I like pineapple juice, cold, in the morning when I first wake up.
@HazySue (17183)
Pineapple juice is good. Does it wake you up and give you energy?
@YrNemo (8678)
@HazySue I don't know, I just know that drinking it on certain morning, make me feel like I am ready for anything....
I've taken both apples and coffee on days that I fast. It works very effective for me. As for apples being a better 'wake me up' than coffee - this I have to try out for myself.
@HazySue (17183)
If it is a great wakeup for you let us know.
How about trying an apple in the morning instead of coffee to see what happens.
@HazySue (17183)
I might down the line sometime but for right now coffee is one of the very few pleasures I have.
@HazySue I can understand that.
I have tried apples and they work amazingly. but, they can't stand with my coffee. sometimes, over my social media, I use captions like "Coffee wakes me up, not mornings."
@HazySue (17183)
I can see how apples could help wake you up but I do believe that nothing is a good as a cup of morning coffee.
@HazySue Absolutely true in my case.
@JustBhem (22619)
• Davao, Philippines
A lot of people say I should avoid coffee already but no matter how hard I tried to not to, I still love coffee.
@HazySue (17183)
So do I. It is so hard to give up.
@JustBhem (22619)
• Davao, Philippines
@HazySue Yeah, like no matter how hard I tried it keeps coming back to coffee.
@fly802 (1246)
I would like to have both of them.
@HazySue (17183)
Sounds good to me. First the coffee, then the apple.
@fly802 (1246)
• Lakewood, Colorado
I love apples but that would be a hard one to replace them for coffee..oh nooooo
@HazySue (17183)
My feelings exactly.
Caffeine is good if we do not have too much of it, organic apples are good, but where to find organic apples in our days?
@HazySue (17183)
I keep my caffeine level down so it doesn't cause a problem. It is hard to find the organic apples.
Oh dear, I really think I'll have to stick with my coffee.
@HazySue (17183)
I know what you mean, there is nothing like the first cup of coffee in the morning.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
I know apples are good for us...but I think I still want my morning coffee.
@HazySue (17183)
I can't thnk of anything that would make me stop drinking my coffee.
@sol_cee (13621)
• Japan
I’m an apple person , like Adam and Eve. ;)
@HazySue (17183)
I love my apples but I won't give up my coffee.
I think I will have both. No way could I give up the coffee in the morning.
@HazySue (17183)
I am a coffee drinker and an apple eater. The best of both worlds.
Not a coffee drinker but love apples so this is interesting
@HazySue (17183)
I like little bits of trivia.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
An apple with coffe would have been good today because it is eat a red apple holiday.
@HazySue (17183)
I didn't know that. How interesting.