Need to do Chores

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Notifications are done. However, that doesn't mean my chores are. I have a brunch I'm hosting in 9 days and I need to have this place clean and shiny. So time to focus on something else for a little while. I'm also thinking about watching something Christmas related each of the 25 days until Christmas. First up, chores. Then again, maybe the first thing should be eating. How is your day going? Thanks for reading.
@kobesbuddy (19698)
• East Tawas, Michigan
During the season leading up to Christmas, I like to keep our house extra clean. We always get company, that wasn't expected!:) Today, was pretty nice.
I don't usually have company, unless it was my son's friends who came to visit when I had my home and he lived with me. So my having a brunch next Saturday means the world to me and I will have this apartment looking shiny and clean.
@kobesbuddy (19698)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him We lost our home to foreclosure, in 2011. I was broken hearted, that's where I spent 23 years raising my two children! Jay messed up with credit card debt and he lost our home.
@kobesbuddy I'm sorry. I've lost two now. I won't be buying another. I lost the first when I was married, that was ages ago, my kids were still small. Then I bought one on my own and lost that one too, last year.
things are good.Quiet.Usual afternoon.
That's great! I hope today is the same for you.
@just4him today well not a good or bad day.Just nausea from the side effect of my injection
@amadeo I'm sorry you had some side affects from it.
Good day here. Work and now I’m having cocktails with my husband at our usual.
Sounds good.
yes, you need to eat first to get you the energy needed.
Ate, watched my first Christmas movie for December, and got some dusting done in the living room and the dishes run through the dishwasher. Also dusted the fan blades in the living room. So did get about half the chores done. Today I'll finish off the kitchen - take the garbage out, and focus on the office. That's going to take more time, since I've basically ignored my office, and things keep getting put in here. So now I need to put them elsewhere, and not in my bedroom. I'll need to make room for them in a closet, or something.
@just4him Dilemma!
@marlina Yes. I think I'm going to move my office around - I have a bookshelf in a corner and if I move that one closer to my desk, I'll have all my resource books close, and I can put the books I don't have a bookcase for in that corner, out of the way where it won't be seen. I'll need to get at it tomorrow. Had no time yesterday or today for the office.
All I did was make a quick library trip.
That's a good thing to do.
What books did you get this trip to the library? Any good ones? i went last Monday and am reading an M.C. Beaton mystery i got that trip!
@Marty1 I picked up an Anne Perry Christmas mystery. Which M.C. Beaton character, Hamish MacBeth or Agatha Raisin?
I hope your brunch is a wonderful affair. I have too much anxiety to do this.
It's for the ladies group at church. It involves food and a devotion. I have the devotion finished as of this morning. I'm still planning on the food part, but everyone also brings a dish, so there will be a lot of food here next week.
@just4him I'm glad you don't have to supply all the food, that's a little less work for you.
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
What a good idea, watching Christmas movies until Christmas.
Thank you. I have one watched, now to watch another one today.
@JustBhem (22701)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him I watched Home Alone earlier. The first one.
@JustBhem Great movie!
I always needs to have a clean up if people are coming. I tend to let things get a bit untidy. At the moment, the table is covered in Christmas cards but I should have them finished soon.
At the moment both my tables are clutter free, and the third one, is folded up and ready to be set up for the brunch. That could change though. My tables have a way of attracting everything.
@just4him They do seem to attract 'stuff' don't they? Like countertops!
@JudyEv Sure do. I'm working on the one in the living room area. It's full of Christmas presents that came in the mail today.
@lady1993 (15739)
I haven't even started with my main goal today.. and it is almost 6pm here
I hope you got to it.
@lady1993 (15739)
@just4him yep my only task was to make origami stuff
Things are good here just watching Bad Santa.
I've seen that one available on Netflix. My son told me I wouldn't like it, so I'm staying away from it.
@just4him Yes I am sure most would not like it.
That's a good idea - watching something Christmas related each of the 25 days of Christmas. I'll do that.
It really sets the mood. I love Christmas movies.
Yes, eat first then chores and maybe a chores break for a christmas movie!
I found a cute Christmas romance on Netflix.
@just4him ooh interesting. Whats it called
@Courtlynn First Christmas Kiss - I think. Just looked it up - Christmas Kiss.
@alberello75 (13223)
• Genova, Italy
As you know, I lately, unfortunately, I really find it hard to be very active here on Mylot. Clear is the fact that, a shame for me, in November, neither managed to reach the minimum payout! I should review my treatment, speaking again to the doctor, of that damend Olanzapina, who tires me all day. Anyway, having said this, it could be worse! I do not want to complain too much!
I hope you do speak with the doctor about being tired all the time due to your medication.
@alberello75 (13223)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him Yes, Tomorrow I'll see the doctor. I hope that she will give me a smaller dosage
@alberello75 I hope she does.
My day is ok. You are welcome and thanks for sharing.
I'm glad you had a good day, yesterday.
@just4him Thanks Valerie, but, I did not have a good day after I got home and my cat went missing. She was not far but not in my reach. She was down on the porch below. The lady is deathly afraid if animals and would not let me get in to get her earlier in the evening. Who I called could not help so they said maybe the police could. They came and knocked and knocked on their door and they did not answer and then we went out and he was peeking out of the curtain and he said do you know what time it is. It was ten minutes after 5:30 in the morning. They were snug inside and my Sophie was outside. When we went back up it took forever to open the door. He was not friendly. Well, if they would have let me take my cat earlier in the evening it wouldn't have resorted to that. They were never going to let me take her from their porch and that was too much. She is home now and I did not sleep. I am changing the appointment I had to later this month so can be at home with her. She was really hungry when she came in. Animals have feelings too and it bothers me that people cannot see that.
@Hannihar That's awful that it took the police to get your cat off that porch. I'm glad you have Sophie home with you now.
@Ganma7 (2099)
Hope you had a good productive day. I love Xmas movies. Much better than chores. What are you serving for your Brunch?
Right now I'm considering an egg bake. I don't know what else yet. Everyone will also be bringing a dish to pass.
@Ganma7 (2099)
@just4him i love egg bakes! Lots of good recipes out there
@Ganma7 I've tried a couple different ideas, which have turned out pretty good, though my last one, I'll skip. It was okay, not a favorite.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Its been a quiet day here. Nobody is killing anyone so its good enough for me.
That's always a blessing. I'm glad it's quiet by you or was a couple days ago. Hope it still is.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@just4him It is still peaceful. We got up this Monday morning and said that we'd just had a good weekend.
@sallypup I'm glad it was still peaceful. So was my day. I had to remember it wasn't the weekend.
• Derby, England
I want to get some Christmas cooking done such as a cake and make a menu plan for the days around Christmas. The puddings are made and I think i will have a try at some sort of ice cream too
Your home must smell wonderful this time of year with all the baking you're doing.
• Derby, England
@just4him I also like to burn scented candles as I like my home to smell great and welcoming
@catsholiday I do that once in a while. My daughter gave me a wax burner for Christmas last year and I use it every so often.
@cahaya1983 (9723)
Hope everyone will enjoy the brunch! My day has been good. Had fun walking at the botanical garden and now enjoying a relaxing afternoon at home.
I'm hoping so too. I am so looking forward to it. That must have been a fun time at the botanical gardens.
@just4him It was, thanks!
I'm trying to catch up on my notifications here but sadly I'm not making much progress. Seems that I'm so busy lately that I have to earmark time to do certain things.
I'm trying to do that too. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday as I wasn't here much, so left a lot untouched yesterday, so playing catch-up today. So I definitely know what you mean.
hello. yeah chores are neverending. and i believe it must be done first then eat, take a bath , exercise before i can finally sit in front of my computer/phone.
You're very disciplined.