I wish them the best

Peoria, Arizona
Last night I wrote about being a mediator between two friends. They are dating and one friend was becoming distant to their significant other because they are not liking how their SO is acting. Basically the SO is...gosh I don't even know how to explain it. I have known this person for like 2 years so I have been able to understand them a bit more. But they have a temper and an ego. they do not like suggestions, they don't really let other people talk. It really isn't their fault, they never had friends as a kid, so social interaction is awkward for them. And that is where I come in. I know a little bit about people like this, I know a bit of a psychology, so I am able to talk to people and make sure they make their own choices instead of me telling them what to do. And they actually listened to me, I straight up told them they will lose their SO if they do not change. that they should listen more, they should let others talk more, do not jump to conclusions and all that. And they agree and I was so happy. There is no telling that they will actually keep up with what they said, but I hope they do. I mean...they normally listen to me and keep up with what I suggest. I don't know why, but perhaps it is because I don't accuse them of anything, I just flat out say I understand and explain why things happen. I just hope for the best for these two and if things do not work out, well, neither of them can get mad at me since this was a step all on their own.
Well I'm not so sure that it's a bad thing to not take suggestions other people are usually looking out for themselves. So you need to take care of yourself and do what makes you happy ,seen too many people change themselves for other people.
• Peoria, Arizona
Well it is fine to not take suggestions, but if you get angry about when suggestions are given, that is bad. That is what I meant, whoopies. Of course, I always take care of myself, but I love taking care of other people as well. I wouldn't be taking care of myself if I didn't take care of other people. It really effects me when I see friends that are sad.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It's very hard not to take sides, when two people are at each other's throat. You've given them some good advice, they will either ignore or possibly act upon.
• Peoria, Arizona
I never take sides, I just listen and tell them what I think best!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DesirousDreamer You'd make a very good counselor:)
• Peoria, Arizona
@kobesbuddy If my writing career fails, maybe I'll go back and do that haha
@miketagz (1329)
Their relationship was kinda complicated but chances are still they are in love with each other or it won't last because of misunderstanding. That's how it works.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is how it works, love is all about understanding and communication, if you don't do that, that isn't a true relationship, that is just setting up for diaster.
@miketagz (1329)
@DesirousDreamer Yeah you're right. Do you know who to change good mood? The answer is make a cute face, just like you. Heheh. :-)
• Peoria, Arizona
@miketagz Haha not the best idea when one of them used to have a crush on me. Whoops
I wish them the best. You did all you could do.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you, yep, their fate is in their own hands.
Can only hope for the best
• Peoria, Arizona
You are very right
@Tina30219 (26282)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope things work out for them.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you, same here.
@Tina30219 (26282)
• Onaway, Michigan