Please Don't Finish My Sentences...My Major Pet Peeve

By A R
@rz3300 (139)
I cannot stand it. I am not sure if it bugs other people as much as it does me, but I just hate it when other people finish my sentence for me like they know what I am going to say. Even if they are right and it was what I was going to say, just don't do it. It happened today when I called a customer service line for a company, which is THE LAST time I want to hear it, so maybe that is what riled me up the most. Nonetheless, though, very frustrating. What about you? Does this bug you? What are your pet peeves?
@hereandthere (28810)
what bugs me even more is when people give me the wrong answer because they wouldn't let me finish what i was saying or asking and just assumed things.
@rz3300 (139)
Exactly...defeats the whole purpose.
@rz3300 i wouldn't have to repeat and explain everything if they shut up and just listened the first time.
I find it very annoying when l am interrupted mid- sentence by someone saying - "not cutting you" - meaning they're not interrupting me - but isn't that exactly what they are doing?. Why not sinply say - " excuse me"
@rz3300 (139)
I am not sure I have ever gotten that, but it would probably irritate me just as much, and then probably make me wonder what the point was just like you said.
did you get his name? maybe you can report if it happened again because it goes under classification of being rude to customers over the phone. i was once argue to a rude customer service here because she interrupted me and said to listen so i warned her i will report her for being unprofessional over the phone.
It does bug me a lot although, I'm guilty of it as well. Goes to show that there are people who listen to what you say so that they can reply and not because they want to understand what you are saying.
@lady1993 (16388)
it does not happen to me a lot.. but i do hate it when people cut off when i am still speaking
No not at all with me. I love it I think they know me that well. Now cutting me off is a no no. I will ignore you.