Different info on store receipt and the packaging label

I bought marinated skirt steak at my local food store. After it was scanned it seemed that the price per pound was much higher than what it said on the label. Once I had checked out I decided to check the receipt and the label on the packaging to make sure I was not overcharged. On the receipt the price per pound was indeed higher than what was on the label. It was higher by $4. Yet the total price was the same. That was because the weight displayed on the receipt was less than what was on the packaging. I didn't say anything to the cashier because the total price was the same but this left me puzzled. If an item is scanned at the register shouldn't the price per pound and the weight be the same as what's printed on the label? And what was the real weight and price per pound of the skirt steak?
@lady1993 (15616)
yeah, we experience this sometimes too. we raised it to the cashier but then she just said that we may have been looking at the wrong tag... nope, the price may just not have been updated
It seems very odd but I don't have any answers. My head is swimming trying to work it out.