Want Some Cheese With That Whine?

Anniston, Alabama
Before anyone corrects me I did not mean wine. I am talking about whining. Some call it complaining but I do not, but I am, want to complain about complaining. I stop and pick up the elderly ladies and they whine about what they do not have and tell me how lucky I am to have stuff, and ya know what? they receive more money than I do most months. I keep my mouth hut but think " Save your money and stop spending and you can buy what you want." And what comes to mind the most is how much they blow eating out, those buffets are not cheap. I am glad I can drop them off and go elsewhere. I stop by my sisters and she is "wired" because she was with her boyfriend all day, her words were " he is driving me crazy! Calling every few minutes since she got home because his t.v. is not changing right." I was not there 5 minutes and the phone rang, she answered and said " Andria is here!" and hung up, she did not wait for a response. I listened to the whine about him and then I asked was she done so we could talk. I am glad I get to come to my home. I go to facebook and it seems so many of my blogging friends complain, no they whine about .... drum roll....... being sick. It seems like if they are not complaining about an illness they would not have anything to talk about. I am glad I can close Facebook and find other places online to go. I do complain from time to time but I also learn from others. I listen and if it gets on my nerves listening to something, like "I am sick" everyday, I will not talk about my aches and pains, illnesses, because everyone gets sick or hurts from time to time, its life. I would rather hear people talk about what is going on with them in life, about being happy, what they have accomplished. About their friends or neighbors or children. How wonderful it is to have the life they do. About how God has blessed their lives. No we do not want to be asked " Want some cheese with that whine?"
Music video by Bobby McFerrin performing Don't Worry Be Happy.
@BarBaraPrz (17547)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Make mine brie... A friend is coming to visit but she doesn't want to stay overnight because I don't have TV service...
Some relatives were coming to visit and I was tempted to get rid of our TV service temporarily, just so I could say we don't have it anymore. Hubby wouldn't agree to do it, and they stayed overnight.
LOL, I find that so funny. Their loss for good company.
I agree, people whine about everything, everywhere you go. Since I live alone, and rarely go anywhere other than the pool and grocery shopping, and church once a week, I don't have anyone to whine or complain to, which is good. I can focus instead on what I've accomplished, and how God has blessed me. Today's blessings - I have home made potato/onion soup cooking. I hope it turns out. This is a first for me, and I didn't look at a recipe. I added some bacon as well. I'm using almond milk for it. I also clarified some butter, and it's almost ready to put in my jar for it.
Sounds delicious!
@andriaperry I'm eating it right now, and it turned out very good.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Love that song! Yes whining is off putting for sure. Glad you can escape it Andria.
Me too, oh wait! no I cant a man lives in this house.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@andriaperry Oh yeah haha..
@FourWalls (10000)
I don’t know if many people remember Doug and Wendy Whiner (Joe Piscopo and Robin Duke) skits on SNL, but a lot of people act as if they want to duplicate those characters. I find things in my life have been much better in all aspects since I decided to count my blessings instead of what’s wrong.
LOL, I think I remember those skits. Me too, I am much happier.
I remember those skits. Joe Piscopo was so funny back then.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I tire quickly of complaining too. I'd much rather hear abut what songs people are writing, what books they're reading, what projects they're working on, etc.
Me too, or their children or pets or work or bad neighbors.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@andriaperry I like talking to people where I have the feeling we can help each other out somehow.
@TheHorse Well that too but I am careful some people take it as unwanted advice when you try and help. But not me, I am where I am now from listening.
@Ithink (6888)
Sounds like my one daughter who whines all the time, always about her husband and about money. About the kids, just about everything. I actually on some days have not answered the phone as I didn't want to hear it. They also make double what we do, and always say they are broke. I will admit I whine or complain to a point, normally about health as It pisses me off to be sick and not be able to fix it. .. lol However I am happy for the most part and try to think positive.
Well for me I do not want to be known as the "woman with so and so" I am so much more than that, and SO are you.
@Ithink (6888)
@andriaperry I try hard not to feel I am the woman with so and so, however when it is constantly with you and you cant be what you once were, it is hard. I am much more but that is also a big part of who I am now, unfortunately. I don't know exactly what I am known for but all parts of my life is what I am. Good and bad.
@poehere (17858)
• French Polynesia
Nothing drives me crazier than to sit and listen to a bunch of people whine. I couldn't agree with you more on this one. I would rather talk about life than listen to people whine.
I do love your stories!
@poehere (17858)
• French Polynesia
@andriaperry They can be funny. It is like a drama here on the islands and his family can give me a lot to write about.
I know what you mean, I never complain even when I am sick and I hate to meet people who only know to whine about things.
When around them I often will say " Oh look at that flower, or tree, isnt the color so pretty?!" LOL.
@andriaperry I also try to change the topic of the conversation.
It is nice to be able to turn all that off.
LOL, yes it is and I am getting a few smiles from this discussion.
@andriaperry Now that is what I am here for. The smiles.
@kepweng (6388)
My Goodness thats a lot of food and i can eat that 5 days and put in Fridge
LOL, that was a day of baking to give way to many people.
I had to ask myself if I was whiner on this site, and though I did whine a tad bit about my faux great grandchild, I try to stay positive and surround my self with positive people. What you said about God is the most important thing to talk about. I always loved that song, maybe he sang it because he was sick of the whiners also.
Probably!
Some people do seem to focus on the negatives in their lives. No-one wants to listen to someone forever whingeing about their lot in life.
And its always in their power to change it.
I hate whining. My parents would not allow us to whine. It is very unattractive when people have the "poor me" habit.
Yes it is!
• Riga, Latvia
I never whine it just makes no sense to me. I try to get along by myself. In fact when I do have a really bad day I yell at myself and tell myself to get a grip. Love that song.
I do that too! Me too its a happy song.
@Platespinner (18533)
My whine tolerance is very low as well. I am forever getting myself into trouble by pointing out how they could spend their whining energy to fix the problem, or how they could have avoided getting into the problem to begin with.
I am at fault for doing that too.
@LoriAMoore (10010)
I am bad about sometimes focusing on my illnesses here on MyLot and I'm trying to not complain or whine. At least I don't do it in real life with people in person.
Well that is a good thing.
Can't stand people who whine all the time for things that they brought on themselves in the first place.
Yes many do that as well.
Some people are only happy when they have something to complain about.