Holiday Decorations Finally Finished!

@moffittjc (48376)
Gainesville, Florida
The kids and I spent the weekend running errands to get all our Christmas decorations ready to set up. We kicked off the weekend last Friday night by attending the lighting ceremony of our local hospital's grounds (they decorate their entire campus, including a large pond adjacent to the hospital), and then on Saturday we went and purchased a tree, as well as some additional yard decorations. We spent all day today putting everything up, and while the kids were decorating the tree I snuck into the bedroom and wrapped all their presents. It feels so good to have everything all decorated and ready to go for the season! For those of you who celebrate Christmas, have you put up your tree and decorations yet?
Nope, none yet. I think I have to stay home to do that, maybe Tuesday
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well that's only two days away! I hope you have fun putting up all the decorations! There is so much more I wanted to decorate out in the yard, but everything I put down on my list to go buy is already sold out at all the stores. I'll probably have to wait until next year's Christmas season to buy the things I still need!
@moffittjc I have a shed full! I think I have enough, at least till after Christmas and its 50 - 75 % off
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@andriaperry Although I would love to buy Christmas stuff at 50-75% off after the holiday, unfortunately I think all the stuff I need is already sold out, so there won't be any to discount after the holiday.
Been done since thanksgiving. But wish we did more than the tree.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
There's still time to add more decorations!
@moffittjc nah, we don't do any but tree. Especially now with the cat. Thats why i eish we would
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Haha, I remember those days when we had cats! Yeah, it really limits what you can do with decorating!
Nevermind, on my last question to you. I see your beautiful tree today =) And you've wrapped presents already! Wow you're on top of things. I will start wrapping presents this week. Whose on the tree topper =)
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's a photo of a University of Florida football player. My daughter put it up there, because she has a crush on the player and she says that he is her "star."
@moffittjc Will you be leaving that as your topper =P LOL!
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby What kind of dad would ruin his daughter's Christmas by taking down her favorite player's photo? I wouldn't do that to my daughter! lol
@Nevena83 (10270)
• Serbia
The tree looked beautiful.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thank you! I love picking out a real tree and then taking it home and decorating it! It is so much fun!
@Nevena83 (10270)
• Serbia
@moffittjc Yes, I believe it is a real pleasure. I miss it to do it.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Nevena83 Decorating a Christmas tree is part of the reason that Christmas is one of my favorite holidays!
Oh that is a very pretty tree ! Is it real or artificial ? Our tree has been up since November 25th and presents, well some have been wrapped that were bought or made early BUT the rest will be after the holiday . . . I know I am a frugal baby huh ?
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's a real tree. This year's tree is short and fat. Last year's was tall and skinny. We try to change it up from year to year. We usually put our tree up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but this year we were a week behind.
@moffittjc and I am betting it smells fantastic, oh I miss the smell of pine ! Which type of tree Douglas Fir or Blue Spruce or something else ?
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@enlightenedpsych2 I wanted a blue spruce this year, but apparently there's a major tree shortage, so pretty much the only trees you can find here in Florida are douglas firs. And yes, the smell is amazing! That's what sold me on finally switching from a fake tree to a real tree!
@bluesa (15248)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is so beautiful, @moffittjc . Thank you for sharing the pic. I haven't had time to put up the tree yet, I haven't got time for anything lately. Have a good week.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
If I showed up unexpectedly at your doorstep, would you have time for me? Sorry to hear you are so busy. Don't forget to slow down if you can and enjoy the Christmas season! It will be over before you know it.
@bluesa (15248)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc , hmmm...now wouldn't that be interesting, considering... . I would try to squeeze you in between trying to squeeze out time to get the tree decorated . What would you do if I unexpectedly showed up at your doorstep? Thank you. I will try, I don't understand why there is so little time now. Enjoy the Christmas season too.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I would gladly assist you in decorating your tree! The faster we get that taken care of, the more time we'll have for other things!
That looks beautiful!!! Our condo is having a tree lighting ceremony and nibbles and drinks on Saturday. We are going with our neighbor, Dr. Jay. Should be fun.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Have fun nibbling and drinking! Just don't nibble on anyone that isn't your husband! lol
@moffittjc After a few drinks, I never realize who I'm nibbling on.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Well, as long as you don't nibble on the waiter's big toe, you should be fine! haha
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
What is the picture on the star?
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
My daughter taped a picture of her favorite Gator football player to the star, telling me that he is her "star." lol
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@moffittjc you have odd kids lol. Beautiful tree though.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns No odd kids, just a teenage daughter with a crush! lol
I have put up my small tree, my Mom is hospitalized, so this will not be a great Christmas.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh Anna, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is in the hospital. Hang in there. I will keep you and her and all your family in my prayers.
@moffittjc Thank you Jeff, Mom had a stroke two weeks ago, she does not look very well. The 13th is her birthday, she will turn 97, it's a very old age to fight with a stroke and to be half paralyzed.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LadyDuck Although I agree that it's a very advanced age to deal with a stroke and partial paralysis, but wow...she made it to 97 years old! You are so lucky to have had your mom around for such a good long time! I hope she is able to hang in there and make it through this hospital stay.
@fishtiger58 (30284)
• Momence, Illinois
I have not and will wait as long as possible to do it. Christmas is always at my house with my sisters and their famlies, if not for that i think I might just skip the decorations. But my sister has grandbabies so I got to put up a tree.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I remember after my brother and I were finally old enough and out of the house, my parents stopped putting up their tree and decorations. But when my daughter was born, they started decorating again. Said it was important for the grandkids! lol
@fishtiger58 (30284)
• Momence, Illinois
@moffittjc yup I agree. Once the grandbabies get to adulthood my tree time is over lol.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@fishtiger58 I'm kind of torn on the future of the Christmas tree in my household. On one hand, I look forward to the day when I don't have to worry about all that decorating; but on the other hand, I love Christmas so much and love having so many decorations and lights.
@bunnybon7 (38327)
• Holiday, Florida
hoping they will finally decorate the one put up in the front room for days now.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
The tree is up, but not decorated?
@bunnybon7 (38327)
• Holiday, Florida
@moffittjc yes in one of my posts I mentioned why. daughters bf got mad cause some of the lights did not work and ended up storming to their room, slamming the door and no one has bothered since
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bunnybon7 Oh yeah, I remember reading that post. Such a shame. You don't want to finish decorating the tree?
I don't do a big tree anymore, especially since we leave so quickly after Christmas. I have 2 three foot fiber optic trees and I did some decorating but I need to get the nativity set up which I plan to do today.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
I used to have a fiber optic tree, but we got rid of it about five years ago when we decided to start putting up a real tree.
@moffittjc Since I leave so soon after Christmas I want to keep it simple when I leave.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr That makes a lot of sense! Or, you could totally have fun with it and strap it to the top of your car for when you drive down. Now that would be a great sight to see...a vehicle driving down the highway with a fully decorated Christmas tree strapped to the top! Figure out a way to plug in the Christmas lights so that it is lit up while you are driving at night, and that would just complete the setup! (and not to mention attracting a lot of attention as you drive)
@UncleJoe (11459)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Because there are only two of us here we have left our tree up for almost 10 years. Now I wish we had gotten an artificial one.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
That is freaking hilarious! I think that tree could probably use a little water after all those years!
@UncleJoe (11459)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@moffittjc Why? The needles are all gone.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@UncleJoe The needles are gone? What, do you have a bunch of heroin junkies in your neighborhood?
@DeborahDiane (25485)
• Laguna Woods, California
@moffittjc - We have a tree, but it is tiny. I love your tree!
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thanks! It smells so good! That's what I love most about real trees!
• Laguna Woods, California
@moffittjc - Yes, real trees are the best, although I only put up a small artificial tree these days.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DeborahDiane I'm sure there will come a day when I switch back to an artificial tree, but for now I'm going to enjoy the beauty and scent of the real ones!
That is a nice full tree. Really pretty. I only have a small tree, because I just live in a small room. But I have 10 times the decorations on it. I like to see every branch with some kind of ornament on it. LOL
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
For some reason, when the kids decorated the tree, they only put on about 1/4 of the ornaments I have. I'm like you, I would prefer to have every branch with some kind of ornament on it. But I promised I would let the kids do the decorating!
@moffittjc - That is a good daddy...
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@teresatrotter Haha, we had fun decorating together. I set up the tree and put all the lights on it, and then the kids came behind me and put on the decorations.
i have had my tree up since the beginning of November! My kitty cat loves the tree. He plays with his toys under it and plays with the bottom branches! He has his own toybox behind the tree where he stores his toys!!!! he only knocked it down once!!!! love your tree!
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
The beginning of November? Wow, that's pretty early to put up Christmas decorations!
@moffittjc my tree is new this year, and my sister said she would put it up for me then, I wanted it up n August when I bought it!!!!
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Marty1 I'm never in a hurry to set my tree up, but I do take my time getting it down after the holiday. Since I get a real Christmas tree, how long I keep it after the holiday depends a lot on how well the tree is still doing. If it's still green and not dropping needles everywhere, I'll try to keep it up as long as I can.
Your tree is just lovely!!! We are decorated inside and out here. I should say "I" because I have always done it all. My husband and son never seemed to care about decorations. Our son is now married to a young lady who loves Christmas. Poor guy.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's his revenge for never caring about decorating! He's now married to a Christmas fanatic! I wonder if she makes him help out with all the decorations?
@moffittjc She does, and she makes him help very early on. Prematurely in his opinion.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Corbin5 Haha, I'm sure that must be a funny sight to see!
@Tina30219 (38594)
• Onaway, Michigan
Very pretty tree
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thank you!
@Tina30219 (38594)
• Onaway, Michigan
@moffittjc Your welcome
@sol_cee (18525)
• Japan
Such a great dad you are. :)
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well, I'm not perfect, but I do try my best to be a good dad. I look up to my father, who was a great dad to me. I hope to pass on that same legacy to my kids.
@sol_cee (18525)
• Japan
@moffittjc sweeet!
@Raelove (17841)
• Saco, Maine
Looks great, Jeff.
@moffittjc (48376)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Rachel. I pretty much pick out the tree, and then let the kids do all the rest! haha
@Raelove (17841)
• Saco, Maine
@moffittjc Now there's a thought! And you're welcome.