Pleeze don't take this the wrong way butt......................

Ally,boobear,max,meetzee
El Paso, Texas
Hopefully no one will be offended by this butt with some people asking what kind of animal would make a good pet how about thinking about what kind of pet parent you would make? I think that before someone takes on a pet they should become informed about the pet they plan to adopt, these are living creatures who deserve a real home that offers stability, loyalty, good food, water, shelter and love. They will respond in a positive manner if you follow those simple rules but please learn about the species you intend to adopt before you take on the responsibility. Just sayin....................
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
I totally agree. Most people haven't a clue as to the size of commitment they are making when they get a pet. Our pets are treated as if they are family members, which they actually are. And in most cases they are actually treated better than me!!
Exactly. I think any animal we undertake keeping should have the best possible care and such no matter what species.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@rebelann It has to be about the animal first and foremost.
Exactly @WorDazza
You are so right here. There are also people who offer a pet for Christmas. Pets are not toys, they are like children and you must be prepared to take care of them.
I agree with you 100%, no one should ever give a pet as a gift unless the person getting the gift is an adult who is totally aware of the responsibility of caring for the pet and actually wants to undertake such a task. Pets are not for everyone.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
That is what pisses me off the most @LadyDuck is people who GIVE an animal as a Xmas gift.
@nanette64 This is the most stupid thing to do, it's just like some think that they are like stuffed animals, they are living creatures and need our love and our attention.
There are some people (and I've seen instances here) that have no clue about having a pet. They get all bent out of shape about a cat being a cat or a dog being a dog.
I saw some of those which is why I just had to post this, it's disturbing to me when someone has a pet and mistreats them because of ignorance, ignorance can be cured and hopefully they will read this and come to their senses.
I wished I had known how much energy my dog would have, and even though I love her so much, but I don't think we are the perfect match for each other. I would never give her up, but I needed a calmer dog and she needed a more active owner. Your animals are so cute.
Don't feel bad about that, it happens. At least your sweetie has a really good home and is never abused which is most important. I'm probably not a good match for my cats or Ally but I do my best and I will never abandon them.
@rebelann Thank you for the encouraging words, I would never abandon mine either,
From what I've read I would never even think you would @misunderstood_zombie
@sallypup (27095)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I agree. Our Saia is a victim of a well meaning person who just had to be away too much cause of work duties. Saia was left on her own too much. She's always going to be a damaged kitty.
Most of the time I had at least 2 pets so they wouldn't be so alone while I had to work but they probably would have been better off with someone who had time to take proper care of them.
When my boyfriend worked and his dog was a puppy that poor dog was not only in a cage all night (which is fine) but for 12 hours or more during the day while he was working. Not a good time to get a puppy if it has to be in a cage so much!
What a bummer @shaggin I hope he decides to give the poor pup to someone who has the time to love it.
@ridingbet (52870)
i appreciate those people who adopt some dogs, but i abhor those who mistreat their dogs. i got misty a while back when i read a post on FB about how a dog wagged his tail when his former owner came to see him.
Yes, I do agree with you but canines are born to be loyal even when their owners are abusive. As for tails wagging, it doesn't always mean happiness, sometimes a frightened dog will wag it's tail out of nervousness. I call it a giggle reflex which abused children will sometimes do.
@ridingbet (52870)
@rebelann i think when a dog pulls his tail between his hind legs also show fright.
Not always @ridingbet dogs also tuck their tails if they are in pain. So far I have not heard of any person who can actually tell exactly what that means except that it happens under several different circumstances.
@lady1993 (17500)
that is quite true.. it is not easy to care for animals.. so people should make sure that they are financially able Some cases here i have seen, dogs are treated as guard dogs? they are tied up 24/7
Oh how sad. I would never keep a dog on a chain like that, it is cruel. A tethered dog is a lousy watch dog. They cannot protect their homes if they are tied up like that.
@lady1993 (17500)
@rebelann indeed, in some countries there is even a law prohibiting dogs from being on a leash for more than an hour
That makes more sense @lady1993 the only time a dog should be on a leash for more than an hour is if it's human is walking with it.
I fully agree with you. I believe I am a wonderful mommy and grammy to pets and children.
Of course, I think there are quite a few of us who talk with one another who are totally great with our furbabies but I did read a couple discussions that made me wonder if the person even wanted their pet let alone knew anything about it. I feel so sorry for pets who wind up in homes with well meaning people who didn't take the time to get to know what the requirements were to owning one.
@rebelann I strongly agree. My heart breaks for those innocent babies!
Mine too @DianneN
@ebanreb (6447)
They are cute. Dogs and cats are really man's best friend.
They can be if they are treated properly.
@ebanreb (6447)
@rebelann Yes animals should be respected and provided with love and care
@ebanreb I agree.
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
Absolutely agree with that ! I see most people bring home pets with great enthusiasm and later don't even bother with except feeding it. When we lost our pet Caramel who was like a member of the family , we were advised by many to get another watch dog, honestly that was not our intention. We had picked him when he was two days old ,from an abandoned site and brought him home not because we wanted a watch dog but wanted to provide him a home since he looked so forlorn and helpless. We miss him a lot and never felt like adopting another pet.
I can understand what you mean. All of my furbabies are my furmily, they are as important to me as children are to other people and when they leave this world I grieve but I made a promise to the 1st furbaby I owned, her name was Rebel, that I would always provide a home to at least 2 furbabies in need of a home.
I agree. There are too many people out there who abuse their animals.
Sadly you are correct. I wish it could be remedied
@Platespinner (16492)
Agreed!
Thank you, I knew you would
@ilocosboy (34311)
yeah, every person who wanted to have a pet should understand the animal they wanted to have.
yes exactly.
I am bothered by noises and my parrot was not a good choice for my home. The internet was not clean on how loud it was. It said for about 10 minutes a day during mating season. It is so loud that it hurts my ears. During mating season it squaked at the top of its lungs for about 4 hours a day. I was no prepared for this bird but but I don't like giving up on things.
It is a shame that they did not explain exactly what a Macaw is, they are not for people with small apartments or those who have never been around them. They require a lot of patience and attention which many people don't have or give.
@rebelann This is a blue fronted Amazon Partot. The problem was it wouldn't let us do anything with it and it just screamed for hours. They say online to get them a friend but then I worry I will have two screaming parrots. I had no idea just how loud it would be! With the windows closed I can hear it over 100 feet away when I am outside. I literally worry its going to make my hearing loss worse.
It takes more than just asking what's going to work for you, you also have to find out what works for them @shaggin like getting a working dog when you live in an apartment and you'll be at work all day, it won't work as working dogs need a lot of exercise and will get bored easily.
@sol_cee (15433)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Did you intentionally use ‘butt’? :)
Yes, I like to misspell words to see if anyone ever notices, obviously you did You are the first person to actually notice, did you know that?
@sol_cee (15433)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@rebelann this is the third ‘butt’ post I read today. Lol
Really @sol_cee ? Who else is using that spelling?
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
I may not be crazy about pets, but I do know that a person needs to know everything they can about the pet they will be bringing home. When I was told the Walking Sharks were on their way, I almost panicked! My friend hadn't even told me she had caught them and they were already heading my way! I was lucky, though. She sent packets of information about them to me so I was prepared by the time they arrived, two days later! Now, they are healthy and squeaking that it is time for them to eat... It's actually only 6:30 am here. Feeding time isn't until 8:30 am. But, unless I want them to keep me awake, I need to feed them now, instead of waiting until later! (laughing at my babies!)
Did you know she would be sending them to you? Well, at least you took the time to learn about your future charges and then do what's best for them.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
@rebelann My friend told me she might have something for me. She didn't say what that something was until she mailed them to me! Given a choice, I would have declined. Now, I am happy she didn't give me that choice, Ann. I love my little babies!
OH, I knew you loved you wee ones @DaddyEvil you've made comments about them before and your love for them showed. At least you took the time to learn the dos and donts on their needs and care.
To many people gets pets and mistreat them.
So true and the worst part is they don't even realize it, so sad for the animals involved.
@rebelann It sure is sad for the animals.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
They have right to live with freedom. We have to fulfill our responsibility towards their freedom. Iam100% with you.
Thank you
True. What cute pictures , especially the two cats.
Thank you .... yeah, those 2 cats can be so adorable at times
@kepweng (14670)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
good thing the cat and dog dont Fight
Very true