Okras destroyed again

okra destroyed
I knew it, by the time they started having flowers those ants are gonna start charging. For a couple days I tried to flush them out with water and soap but they just kept on coming. Until I remembered @CaptAlbertWhisker 's advice about adding red chili peppers on the plants. It so happen that there's a left over chili sauce sache and immediately poured into the pod. It took days but the ants lost interest and some had died. Sadly, the pod I was trying to save died too. A friend of mom's advised to spray the soil with vinegar, but I haven't tried it. You water the plants, the smell disappears.
@dodoazo (11052)
There's something within your okra plot or area where the ants are staying as their habitat. Next time when you want to plant okra be sure to clear place first with anthill or any insect hangout area.
Hello @dodoazo I have notice some habitat somewhere in those plants. But then I might put some more chili just in case. Yeah, there's a lot of ants over here.
@dodoazo (11052)
@Letranknight2015 that's a good idea. You know okra is usually attacked by ants. They like it probably
@ridingbet (37851)
i believe okra needs the least of care. i recall that it is only the okra that i was able to grow and tend in my plots when i was still in elementary years. lesser water as well.
Hello @ridingbet Lesser water? Maybe I've forgetten my research and I've only focus on the snake plant to be less in water. you're right, maybe I've watered them too much.
@ridingbet (37851)
@Letranknight2015 even the snake plants, or the tiger tail plants. they don't need much water.
Oh that is such a terrible thing. I hope it gets better. I think you will figure it out.
Hello @sharon6345 yes I have but with a terrible price and that would be the loss of the pod itself.
@Letranknight2015 oh that is not good to deal with.
@averygirl72 (13721)
Ants are my problem too I remember with my flowering plants. Hope you figure out how to get rid of them
Hello @averygirl72 how did you got rid of the ants over there? I have gotten rid of the plant terrorizing my plant but haven't gotten rid of them all together.
@averygirl72 (13721)
@Letranknight2015 I think I sprayed it with pesticide or I just splash some water
@magallon (17358)
did you tried putting salt? i just do not know if it effective..
Hello @magallon did you tried also before? Because I haven't tried it yet.
@magallon (17358)
@Letranknight2015 I tried it but not in plants.
Sorry to hear this ants are relentless.
Hello @TRBRocks420 they were always relentless specially when it comes to something they like.
Ants came into our kitchen last summer and I sprayed poison and got rid of them.
What kind of poison did you use? @jstory07 good thing they were gone, was it permanent?
@RodrickH (994)
Ants are small but sometimes they can destroy something
Hello @RodrickH specially the red ones, they are menacing.
I do not use pesticides in my garden normally but when it comes to ants I have to.
Hello @allknowing What kind of pesticide do you use.
@Letranknight2015 I use terminator which is strong but it gets rid of any type of ants including white ants.
@allknowing by the title of the product, that must be strong.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do to get rid of those ants.
Hello @allen0187 unfortunately, they came back again and it's really frustrating.
58m
@Letranknight2015 have you tried planting at another spot?
Ants just never seem to give up do they? I'm sorry about your okras.
Hello @JudyEv ( I used to research about getting rid of their queen but they are way too deep under ground for some reason.
@Letranknight2015 My mum used to follow their trail to their nest and then try to destroy that. I guess that is where the queen is.
@peachpurple (10913)
I heard that you could spray chilli powder mix with water onto the plants
Hello @peachpurple well, I will make a chili spray but the chili sauce was really helpful that time.
@peachpurple (10913)
@Letranknight2015 let me know whether it works or not
@prashu228 (22820)
There are lots of black ants in our garden too. Just don't know how to get rid of them
Hello @prashu228 I got no problem with the small black ones, it's the red ones that were menacing. Like in my post, try chili.
@lady1993 (15543)
maybe it was the soap that killed them? i hope you can still replant some seeds
Aww how upsetting. Maybe add vinegar after you water the plants each day. I am not good at gardening though so I really don’t know.